Search Unity

Project SFPS - Open Source

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by KyleStank, Jul 25, 2016.

1. KyleStank

KyleStank

Hello,

I am currently developing an open source multiplayer FPS game. The development is going very well, and anyone is welcome to make a contribution. If fact, I suggest that you do, because any help would be really cool and appreciated.

But anyway, what is this game? Well, Project SFPS stands for Project Simple First Person Shooter. Based off the project's name, I am sure that you have guessed by now that this game is a simple multiplayer FPS game. If you did, you would be correct! I am making this project 100% for fun. I have a budget of $0, and I am looking to make $0 off this game, so it definitely isn't the next Battlefield, or, as much as I hate this game, Call of Duty.

This game has no story at all. You start the game, create a username, and instantly host or join a game. Right now, the level is very unfinished, and there won't be much to do without another player. All my attention has been focused on the networking and the basic UI. But now that I have a bare bones game made, I want you guys to please check it out and tell me what you think! Heck, even make a Pull Request on GitHub if you really want!

So, here is the link to the project: https://github.com/KyleStank/Project-SFPS

So, clone the project from GitHub and try it out! Now obviously if no one else is online, the game is going to look very unfinished because well, it kind of is.

Anyway, I am looking forward to any sort of feedback, so I hope I get some.

Thank you for reading:),
    Kyle

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Firesoft likes this.