Search Unity

Project lost - "Timestamps (1646) and assets (13) maps out of sync"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by T.M., Nov 16, 2013.

1. T.M.

T.M.

Hi

I was working on a project, when I got a BSOD. When I rebooted my machine and restarted Unity, all my project files were gone from the editor, and all I got was an empty scene. In console log I've got a warning message
    Timestamps (1646) and assets (13) maps out of sync.
    followed by 1633 errors like
    Asset 'Assets/Atlases/window/Models/window_0_A_3.asset' is in timestamps but is not known in guidmapper...
    Asset 'Assets/Shaders/UnlitAlphaTest.shader' is in timestamps but is not known in guidmapper...
    Asset 'Assets/Atlases/paris1plan/Materials/Atlas_paris1plan_0.mat' is in timestamps but is not known in guidmapper...

At this point I made a backup copy of the project and then tried to reimport all assets. After reimporting my project files were there, but all the connections were gone. Scene objects were missing meshes, materials and scripts, connections between prefabs and their scene instances were broken and the objects themselves were marked in red instead of blue etc. Since my project had like 18 scenes, it would cost me many workhours to get them back in order, provided I don't forget anything or screw anything up - and it's pretty much inevitable given the sheer amount of objects.

Is there a way to get my project back, apart from reverting to a backup copy from a week ago and working from there?

2. saurabh.saket

saurabh.saket

You could have simply deleted the Library folder from the project in windows explorer. Unity rebuilds it for you when you open the project. That should have helped.