Search Unity

Programming for 2d?

Discussion in '2D' started by dj51401, Mar 26, 2015.

1. dj51401

dj51401

I have known about unity for about 2 years now and I have thought it was cool the whole time... but now I'm getting serious and I want to learn the programming (preferably javascript) for 2d. I have searched up so many tutorials and it seems like no tutorial helps, I have tried:
    unity3d.com
    Unity3dstudent
    YouTube
    cat like coding (I think that's it)
    And more that I don't remember the name of, but it seems that none of them help me... so if anyone would mind please give me a couple links to somewhere I can learn javascript for 2d.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  2. Ezekial

Ezekial

The best way to learn how to program can't be answered. You need to figure that out for yourself.
    If online resources are not working out for you, perhaps you'd learn better in a classroom environment.

Maybe think about taking a few classes at a local college that are introductions to programming. Regardless of what language you learn, once you learn the fundamentals everything you read will make more sense.

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

There's nothing particularly special about 2D. You're still using Unity the same as always.

--Eric

4. dreyescairo

dreyescairo

If you haven't already, I would start by learning the fundamentals of programming in general as Ezekial said. After that, I would just pick a simple 2D project, or anything you had in mind and just start it. Learn as you go. As you progress, you will learn better ways to organize your assets, code, and overall structure. Your future projects will get better and better; just don't give up, because some days will be hard but super rewarding once you figure a problem out.