Search Unity

Profiler Connection Issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mycroft, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Mycroft

Mycroft

I'm having an issue seeing the profiling information.

• I build the game
      • Not able to select "Autoconnect Profiler" because it's greyed out. I have Unity Pro so it should be available.
    • I run the game in XCode
    • In Unity I open the Profiler
      • I'm able to select my iPhone from the ActiveProfiler drop down
    • Nothing happens
      • No data at all comes through the Profiler.
    Any suggestions?

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Have you ticked the Development Build option? It's necessary to activate the Autoconnect Profiler option.

3. Mycroft

Mycroft

Yes, I have selected Development Build and the Android build has the same problem

I've done all the steps for the getting the build to work, have pushed it to the device, can see the device from my PC, the device is in the adb device list and the apk runs fine.

• "Autoconnect Profiler" is greyed out even though I have Pro & Dev Build selected
    • I can connect to the device with the Active Profiler, but no data comes to the Profiler
    My next two thoughts are
    • How do I check to make sure device is able to connect through my wi-fi?
    • Does "Enable Internal Profiler" have anything to do with it?

4. Mycroft

Mycroft

I'm able to do an Android 'Build & Run' which starts up a build on the device and SHOULD create adb to the device directly. I can select the "AndroidPlayer(ADB@127.0.0.1:54999" .

No warnings/errors appear in the Console and nothing appears in the Profiler

5. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Do you have the iOS and Android Pro add-ons? These are needed to activate profiling on the mobile devices.

6. JFo

JFo

Same here with Android. No connection.

Disabled Windows firewall, tried both adb and wifi. I have latest Unity 4.5.2p1 (Pro), up to date Android SDK and Nexus 5 (4.4.4). The connection has worked with previous Unity versions, but have no access right now to test it...

7. Mycroft

Mycroft

AHHHH.... didn't know the mobile Pro's were necessary for the active profiling. That explains it.

Thank you.

8. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

The free add ons have a text-based profiler.

9. tkoknordic

tkoknordic

Hi, I have the same connection problem with Nexus 5 and with Nexus 4 (os: Lollipop) and Unity profiler. My Samsung galaxy tab 2 (GT-P5100) (os: 4.x) works nicely. I have Unity 5 Android pro. Any tips where to start looking the cause of my problem?