Search Unity

Professional quality script examples to study?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Flame of Endil, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Flame of Endil

Flame of Endil

Anyone have any favorite examples of medium-to-high complexity scripts that showcase quality coding techniques and proper Unity style? I'm a big fan of learning by studying the masters.

I'm passed the "unity scripting for absolute beginners" stage, but that's mostly the stuff that comes up for almost all google searches.

I'm willing to purchase an asset from the store if necessary, but I'd rather know which assets are good candidates before searching around wildly.

2. mgear

mgear

3. LaneFox

LaneFox

Once the LD33 voting ends, check out the top rated Compo entries. You can download the source files and probably find some interesting stuff as a lot of the people scoring high on those are in the industry.

4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

There is always frameworks like @lordofduct's that you can study. Be aware that his framework has been around a while, there are some things in it that have been replaced with in built solutions in Unity.

lordofduct likes this.
  5. lordofduct

lordofduct

You can find it here:
    https://github.com/lordofduct/spacepuppy-unity-framework

Namely the com.spacepuppy.Scenario section of it is the big thing that unity has created a similar thing to with UnityEvent.
    https://github.com/lordofduct/spacepuppy-unity-framework/tree/master/SpacepuppyBase/Scenario

I still maintain and modify mine merely because it fits our design process much nicer.

Also the RadicalCoroutine's original design was intended to give a better object identity to coroutines. But Unity had since added that to their system. Which I integrated into RadicalCoroutine and continued growing into a bit more complex structure.

Kiwasi likes this.