Professional 3D artist available (with a bunch of caveats)

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by ysg, Apr 28, 2012.

1. ysg

ysg

Hi,
    I'm a 32 year old 3D Artist with 5 years professional experience and about 10 years modding experience before that. I've posted here in the past but my situation has changed a bit so I figured I'd make a new updated post. I'm looking to collaborate with people who want to make cool stuff.

Caveats:
    I do stylized hand painted art - so stuff like World of Warcraft, TF2, Battlefield Heroes or Legend of Zelda: Windwaker. I don't really have the interest or the time to devote to hyper-real Call of Duty type games. Also, no MMOs, sorry ;)

My work contract has a non-compete and inventions clause so I'm not interested in commercial projects or eventual profit sharing set ups. Not that companies abuse the invention clause that often but technically everything I create while employed is owned by my employer.

I'm a professional in the game industry, occasionally crunch happens and I'll be too exhausted to do anything after work, I'll give you a heads up. The place I work at is pretty reasonable so I've only had crunch about 3 weeks last year (not all in a row).

What I can and can't do:
    I can do environment character modeling and texturing as well as simple animations like doors opening or swaying lanterns. I've done some simple FX work in the past but I'm not familiar with Unity's particle system. I've done UI work but it makes me pretty miserable, if you have a functional UI that you want to look better I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it.

I'm not an animator so rigging and animating characters is beyond my abilities. I'm not very technically minded so I can't write shaders (I've tried!).

I use 3DS Max 2009, I don't know if that's a problem or not

Work examples:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

some more stuff here on my website: http://www.artbyjustin.com/ (hasn't been updated in 3 years)

2. 7m2 Carl

7m2 Carl

If I understand your post correctly I might be interested in working with you, is there any way I can contact you abit easier? ie Skype.

Carl

3. BB1016

BB1016

Hello ysg,
    Those are VERY nice models. I am wondering if you are interested in joining a tam working on a game called Might Magic X. i am currently the level designer for the project. the leaders name is Ari. His email is mmxalamar@gmail.com. Our team would really want you to join us in this project. The Project graphics are planned to be at Most as good as Risen. If you join us we can accomplish our goal. We are well into the game. We have concept art and some models and levels set down. If you
    Decided on joining this please contact My skype as soon as possible at Branbon1016.
    Thank you

4. ZaGames

ZaGames

Please see the Thread Link in my signature.
    Let me know if you are interested.
    Thank You