Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

problem with unity standalone.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Blueskai, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Blueskai

Blueskai

when i try to play the standalone version of my game in a diffrent resolution of my screen(mine is 1920X1080)
    this what happens (the picture was taken in the 800X600 resolution):

and this is with the 1920X1080 resolution:

does anyone know whats the problem?

2. Blueskai

Blueskai

3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

What version of Unity are you using? This is a known problem that should be fixed in the latest version.

4. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Rather than spending 10 seconds posting an update, please spend longer and describe all the things you have tried since you posted your thread.

karl_jones likes this.
  5. Blueskai

Blueskai

well currently im using the last version of unity and ye sorry i didnt describe the things i tried.. i tried to change the resolution via code, i changed the default resolution in the build settings... i tried to change the aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 i think... anything i have tried failed but i read that it is a common problem with the latest version so i hope you guys will fix it THANK YOU VERY MUCH :D

p.s im using the free version and not the pro one

6. movra

movra

Unity 5.2.1
    Windows 7 x64
    GTX 460
    1920x1200 desktop resolution

First impression was some things were fixed for me compared to 5.2.0f3 and 5.1.3p3, that is when running the game in a different aspect ratio than the desktop's aspect ratio:
    • mouse input position is correctly detected on UI elements
    • the screen is not shifted vertically anymore as demonstrated by Blueskai
    However there are still some odd things, see the attached screenshot of a game running at 640x480 borderless windowed fullscreen:
    1. The game is scaled to fit the desktop resolution, while maintaining the game's aspect ratio, despite the driver set to "No Scaling". I expected to see black borders at the bottom and top. Also, because of said scaling the render is blurry.
    2. Screen.currentResolution returns a strange resolution
    3. Input.mousePosition.x is 1 pixel off? Because in the bottom-left corner it reports (0,0) and in the top-right corner (640,479). So that makes it 641 pixels wide.
    Fullscreen-5.2.1-D3D11-640x480.png

I suspect problem 1 stems from the fact that it's a fullscreen borderless window, where the game is rendered in the chosen resolution onto a full screen black canvas the size of the desktop resolution. Because of that the driver's scaling settings have no impact on what is displayed. Instead it's a matter of interpretation: what do we mean by 640x460? Is it the resolution of the render or the actual proportions of the render on screen? Maybe we need an option to configure how the render stretches to fit the window.

Driver settings:

upload_2015-9-22_23-40-30.png

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015