Search Unity

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prime31

prime31

@joco, your event listener isn't correct. Have a look at the demo EventListener class and checkout the video we made on Events in the docs: http://prime31.com/unity/docs

2. zandalus

zandalus

Hi Prime,
    first of all thank you for your great work, I bought some of your plugins and they're really great, I'm saving huge amounts of time!

I just have been stuck for a while with a few problems with NativeToolkit:

1) Calling hideViewController in XCode works perfectly, but using deactivateUI inside Unity doesn't seem to have any effect.

2) Calling sendMessage from the first view controller loaded after the splash screen to a Unity GameObject works just fine, but if the first view controller loads another UI, sending a message from the latter results in a NSInvalidArgumentException.

3) ActivateUIWithController only works from the first scene; after hiding the first view controller and loading another scene, I try activating another UI, but it stops working after initWithNibName and doesn't get to viewDidLoad, therefore not loading the view controller.

I hope you can point me in the right direction, thank you in advance for your time!

3. zandalus

zandalus

Ok, we actually just solved this one, ignore it!

4. JonesTheBoca

JonesTheBoca

Hi Prime,
    I am using the Tapjoy plugin for IOS. When I run the offer wall on a IPAD it draws as if it was on an IPhone instead of full screen. Is there a fix for this or a setting I am missing? Thanks.

5. prime31

prime31

@Jones, I am not able to reproduce that. I am seeing the following using just the demo scene: http://cl.ly/Cl93

6. JonesTheBoca

JonesTheBoca

It turns out I had an outdated version of the plugin. I updated and it worked. Thanks.

7. nw-admin

nw-admin

Glad to say that Nextwave Multimedia's "Bowling Wizards" iOS game available in iTunes, which uses Prime31's "StoreKit" for InApp purchase

First six level is FREE and remaining 44 levels and future levels is via InApp purchase...

Bowling Wizards is designed for both iPhone and iPad (Universal app)

Download link

Demo Video

Thanks to PRIME31

8. robertkeus

robertkeus

Great plugins! Currently I have a problem to make one work. I have purchased "Augmented Reality (camera and movie textures)". But when I want to make it work I get this error: http://cl.ly/0e1v26032V1Q1G2V2J43. Am I doing something wrong?

9. msc4tech

msc4tech

With your test scene when i test application i see this error:
    Ad inventory unavailable

What is The problem?

10. prime31

prime31

@robert, I believe I responded to you via Twitter and email already.

@MSC4, that is telling you there currently are no ads available to fill the banner.

11. msc4tech

msc4tech

but i don't see test banner, this is normal?

12. prime31

prime31

@MSC4, with th ad inventory there will of course be no banner. When ad inventory becomes available there will be a banner shown.

13. J_P_

J_P_

Is it possible to send a message to a specific facebook friend or write on a specific friend's wall?

14. prime31

prime31

@JTown, you will have to check the Facebook documentation. The plugin exposes the Graph API, dialogs and the REST API which is literally hundreds of methods, far too many for us to keep track of.

15. DreamEnder

DreamEnder

I'm suddenly getting this error when building the project. The plugins are not getting copied into the Xcode project.

PostProcessBuildPlayer: calling Assets/Editor/PostprocessBuildPlayer_GameCenter
    /Users/Shared/Unity/No Name/Assets/Editor/UpdateXcode.scpt:0:13: script error: A real number can’t go after this identifier. (-2740)

I'm trying to manually copy the plugins into the iPhone folder but I'm not sure how to.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  16. prime31

prime31

@Dream, try deleting the UpdateXcode file, downloading the latest version of the plugin and reimporting. That might clear up the issue for you of it is due to a problem within the script.

17. DreamEnder

DreamEnder

Thanks. I reimported the plugins and it works again. Where can one get updates for the plugins?

18. prime31

prime31

@Dream, your original download link will always get you the latest version.

19. msc4tech

msc4tech

i've purchease iad plugin
    after many days of creating the application in itunesconnect tests when I get the same error:Ad inventory unavailable. and I do not see the banner test.
    All this is normal?
    I've published (waiting for review) and I would not be surprised that the banner does not work

20. prime31

prime31

@MSC4, ad inventory not being available is quite common. It is dependent on location and a bunch of other data Apple has collected about users.

21. msc4tech

msc4tech

i've make other application with xcode but in test i receive everytime iad test banner, only with unity3d and your plugin i receive this error.

22. prime31

prime31

@MSC4, in order to receive test ads you need to enable iAd in iTunes Connect for your app then ensure that the bundle ID is set properly in Xcode. You must also be sure to use a debug build in Xcode.

23. Social Dinosaur

Social Dinosaur

Hi, I've just bought the MoPub plugin, but due to my lack of skill in programming I have little idea on how to implement the Ads on my game. How do I implement the plugin into my game scenes? Just add the prefabs? On the documentation it says something about calling a method, could someone please explain to a newbie how should i do this? Create a empty GO and add a CS script to it? But using what code??

Also, previously i was using the iAd plugin, wich btw I just needed to insert the prefabs on the first scene in order to display the ads on the entire game, with this plugin is the same way?

thanks in advance

24. prime31

prime31

@Social, you have to first do all your ad setup on the MoPub website. Once that is done, simply call createBanner with the desired banner and ad unit ID (from the MoPub web portal). There is a demo scene included with the plugin that shows how to use all the features as well.

25. Glyphed

Glyphed

does anyone know how to change the font of your text in the kit and also how would you parent it to a window or a button so when I drag the window/button it will keep the text on it?

Thanks

26. prime31

prime31

@glyphed, if you are referring to UIToolkit you should post it in the UIToolkit thread. That will be your best chance of getting a relevant answer.

27. Glyphed

Glyphed

oops sorry bout that ...Thanks

28. Risine

Risine

I am integrating TapJoy on both ios and Android, and I've got 2 problems :

1/ How can I get the banner size ( like on Iphone with TapjoyAdContentSize ) on Android in order to place it correctly depending on the screen size?
    2/ On Ios at least, the banner position seems wrong depending on the device. On 3G, when I want to place my banner at the bottom of the screen, it's ok ( screen height - banner height ), but on iphone 4, it's wrong : I should place it at Screen height - 100 ( = 860 ), but in reality I have to place it at y = 430 to have it at the bottom of the screen???

29. prime31

prime31

@Risene, iOS doesn't use pixels, it uses points. All iOS devices (besides the iPad) are 320x480 resolution. Tapjoys Android SDK does not yet have a proper ad content size setup.

30. Social Dinosaur

Social Dinosaur

Ok, MoPub acc ready to go, integrated AdMob, iAd Millennial, also dowloaded and pasted the SDKs in the correct folder.

I only need to insert the prefabs and call method on the first scene of the game?

31. prime31

prime31

@Social, if all you need is a banner and no other features than that's all you need to do.

32. Social Dinosaur

Social Dinosaur

Ok, my game is in landscape Left, I called the method especifying the size and also the x, y position:

Here's the code I'm using:

using UnityEngine;

using System.Collections;

public class createBanner : MonoBehaviour {

void Start () {

MoPubBinding.rotateToOrientation( DeviceOrientation.LandscapeLeft );

MoPubBinding.createBanner( MoPubBannerType.Size480x32, -240, -160, "my code here" );
    }

}

Getting this error on console:

"MoPubBannerType' does not contain a definition for 'Size480x32'

33. prime31

prime31

@Social, you can't just make up new banner sizes! You have to choose one of the available sizes in the MoPubBannerType enum. Just typing in "MoPubBannerType." in MonoDeveloper will show you in the code complete window the available sizes.

34. kevork

kevork

@Prime31, just bought your Media Player Plugin, and it worked great in-game. However, when it was checked into svn, other team members became unable to link in XCode. What files should be checked into the repository for Media Player?

Thanks!

There were twenty of these linker errors:
    Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    "__mediaPlayerIsiPodMusicPlaying", referenced from:
    __Z19RegisterMonoModulesv in RegisterMonoModules.o

35. prime31

prime31

@kevork, it looks like the post process scripts didn't run. SVN is notorious for killing the executable flag. You will probably have to chmod the PostprocessBuild* scripts, the UpdateXcode* scripts and the runner.py script. Also ensure you have Xcode set to build for the device and not the simulator.

36. kevork

kevork

@Prime31, thanks everything is working great.

37. akwok

akwok

does Flurry plugin include Appcircle and Appcircle-clips? thx

38. prime31

prime31

@akwok, the Android version includes AppCircle. The iOS version will be getting AppCircle soon.

39. GodModeTech

GodModeTech

Is there any limit to the number of players in the Game Center Turn Based Multiplayer Plugin (prime31)?

40. prime31

prime31

@Morph, please see the first thread you posted this question in.

41. samshosho

samshosho

Hey Prime31
    I have the adds running just fine from the main menu and onward when i go into other scenes, but once i go back to the main menu again, the adds disappear!
    am i missing anything ?

The add prefab is set on bottom, and unchecked the hide show events.

This is the error message shat show up in xcode when i return to the main menu of the game...

ADBannerView: WARNING A banner view (0x1316050) has an ad but may be obscured. This message is only printed once per banner view.

42. prime31

prime31

@sam, make sure the ad banner is created in your loading scene or some other scene that you will not revisit. It sounds like you may be double creating the banner when revisiting your menu.

43. mathiassoeholm

mathiassoeholm

Hey Prime31

I have a problem with your plugin for Facebook.
    I'm trying to post a link to the users Facebook wall, but when i test it, it never gets any further than, pressing okay to the facebook app.. It never post anything or goes back to the game.

The button i have should simply promopt the user to login and post a message with a link on their wall.

Thanks in advance

/Mathias

44. prime31

prime31

@Mathias, it sounds to me like you haven't properly setup a URL scheme according to the docs yet. In order for the Facebook app to be able to log a user in and reopen your app the URL scheme must be setup and your bundle ID needs to be added to the app you setup in the Facebook web portal.

45. samshosho

samshosho

Thanks Prime31 for the reply...
    I put the prefab in a scene that would only load once, and it's fine now, but i got another problem...

Ads run fine on iPhone, but once i put the game on iPad, the ads never show and i get this in Xcode..

[250:707] ------ bannerView:didFailToReceiveAdWithError: The operation couldn’t be completed. Ad inventory unavailable

i am running the game on iPhone and iPad around the same time, so it can't be a problem with Apple's servers...

46. mathiassoeholm

mathiassoeholm

Thanks Prime31

I've set up the URL scheme according to the docs, in the prime31 menu in unity. I'm unsure of how to set up the Facebook app though. I chose integration method of 'Native iOS app', and here are the blanks i filled in:

I'm not sure of what to fill in, at the other blanks.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  47. prime31

prime31

@sam, it is quite normal for there to be no ad inventory available at times especially on the iPad.

@mathias, the most important piece is that the bundle ID is correct. You will also want SSO to be set to enabled.

48. mathiassoeholm

mathiassoeholm

Hey Prime31

Thanks for the help.. However it is still not working.
    I get the following error from XCode, if that helps?

Thanks again :)

Code (csharp):
    1. [13-01-2012 16:06:26] Mads Johansen: Unloading 199 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 448.
    2. Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)
    3. 2012-01-13 16:05:56.009 planetjumper[2074:707] error description: Error Domain=facebookErrDomain Code=10000 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (facebookErrDomain error 10000.)" UserInfo=0x724b270 {error=<CFBasicHash 0x724ad10 [0x3edf0630]>{type = mutable dict, count = 2,
    4. entries =>
    5.  2 : <CFString 0x7246ff0 [0x3edf0630]>{contents = "type"} = <CFString 0x724b190 [0x3edf0630]>{contents = "OAuthException"}
    6.  3 : <CFString 0x724b130 [0x3edf0630]>{contents = "message"} = <CFString 0x724b090 [0x3edf0630]>{contents = "An active access token must be used to query information about the current user."}
    7. }
    8. }
    9. 2012-01-13 16:05:56.011 planetjumper[2074:707] error userInfo: {
    10.     error =     {
    11.         message = "An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.";
    12.         type = OAuthException;
    13.     };
    14. }
    15. 2012-01-13 16:05:56.994 planetjumper[2074:707] error description: Error Domain=facebookErrDomain Code=10000 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (facebookErrDomain error 10000.)" UserInfo=0x72713c0 {error=<CFBasicHash 0x7248cc0 [0x3edf0630]>{type = mutable dict, count = 2,
    16. entries =>
    17.  2 : <CFString 0x724d720 [0x3edf0630]>{contents = "type"} = <CFString 0x72208c0 [0x3edf0630]>{contents = "OAuthException"}
    18.  3 : <CFString 0x7223700 [0x3edf0630]>{contents = "message"} = <CFString 0x7246d30 [0x3edf0630]>{contents = "An active access token must be used to query information about the current user."}
    19. }
    20. }
    21. 2012-01-13 16:05:56.996 planetjumper[2074:707] error userInfo: {
    22.     error =     {
    23.         message = "An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.";
    24.         type = OAuthException;
    25.     };
    26. }

49. prime31

prime31

@mathias, that error indicates that you have not properly logged in before attempting to do something that requires an authenticated user. You cannot use any methods that require autehentication until after the facebookLogin event fires.

50. teamcobby

teamcobby

Need help with iAd primary and adMob fall back. I bought both plugins and now struggling with using iAd as primary. What I want to do is if iAd fail, bring adMob to front. When iAd get an impression at the back, bring it to the front of adMob banner. Any sample C# code will be awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.