Search Unity

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spartan

spartan

Prime31,

I have updated to the latest Mobclix + AdMob plugin and I can't build my game or your sample project with iOS SDK 4.1:

"__mobclixSetRefreshTime", referenced from:

__mobclixSetRefreshTime$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o

(maybe you meant: __mobclixSetRefreshTime$non_lazy_ptr)

"__mobclixCreateBanner", referenced from:

__mobclixCreateBanner$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o

(maybe you meant: __mobclixCreateBanner$non_lazy_ptr)

"__mobclixHideBanner", referenced from:

__mobclixHideBanner$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o

(maybe you meant: __mobclixHideBanner$non_lazy_ptr)

"__mobclixStart", referenced from:

__mobclixStart$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o

(maybe you meant: __mobclixStart$non_lazy_ptr)

"__mobclixShowBanner", referenced from:

__mobclixShowBanner$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o

(maybe you meant: __mobclixShowBanner$non_lazy_ptr)

"__mobclixLogEvent", referenced from:

__mobclixLogEvent$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o

(maybe you meant: __mobclixLogEvent$non_lazy_ptr)

"__mobclixRotateToOrientation", referenced from:

__mobclixRotateToOrientation$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o

(maybe you meant: __mobclixRotateToOrientation$non_lazy_ptr)

ld: symbol(s) not found

2. prime31

prime31

@spartan, first off you should ALWAYS build with the latest SDK, currently 4.2 but that isn't your issue. Your issue is that the files didn't get copied into your Ccode project which means you More than likely did a Build and Run from Unity. Unity doesn't properly let post process scripts run when using Build and Run. Do a Build then Replace to get a fresh Xcode project and that should take care of it for you.

3. spartan

spartan

@Prime31, I'm always using Build Replace, then I wait for the message boxes of AdMob and Mobclix (on Finder) and then I go to XCode to Build Go.
    This only happens with the update, the older version was fine.
    Can you check it please?
    Thanks in advance.

4. prime31

prime31

@spartan, make sure you close all Xcode instances as well before building from Unity. Give that a shot and report back.

Edit: also make sure you are building for iPhone OS and not the simulator. Plugins will not work in the simulator. Unity doesnt support them.

5. spartan

spartan

@Prime31, closed all XCode instances before building from Unity and same result. Also I'm always building for iPhone OS Device and not the simulator.

Thanks

6. prime31

prime31

@spartan, what version of Unity are you using? Did you happen to import the plugins on a Windows machine then transfer them to a Mac? Do you have iChat via AIM by any chance for a quick screen sharing session?

7. spartan

spartan

@Prime31, I'm using Unity 3.1.0f4 (latest) for Mac with iOS SDK 4.1 Xcode 3.2.4 .
    I've sent you an email with my IM for iChat.

8. hgbimonti

hgbimonti

Hi, @Prime31

I'm thinking on buying the Game Center plugin, but I have some doubts:

- Does it come with all documentation on how to integrate and methods to call, live examples or video tutorials?

- Do the people who are using this are having success on the approval process by Apple?

Thanks,

Higor

9. spartan

spartan

@Prime31, iOS SDK 4.2 solved the issue. Thanks!!

10. prime31

prime31

@hgbimonte, the plugin comes with full API soca and a sample scene demonstrating almost every feature of GameCenter. I'm not sure what you are getting at with your 2nd question...are you asking if Apple is rejecting apps that use the plugin? If so, than no, Apple is not rejecting apps that use the plugin. It uses Apples own API so they have no reason to reject it.

@spartan, glad to hear your up an running.

11. corey.stpierre

corey.stpierre

Hi Prime31, In the Mobclix plugin I know that you have to destroy and recreate the banner when an orientation update of Landscape to Portrait or Portrait to Landscape occurs. I have everything running nicely. However there is a noticeable wait due to the ad banner having to get reconstructed during such an orientation update.

Since my app is going to support all orientations, I'd like to get it the way it was previously, nice and smooth.

Now in my code, I have a function that updates a Vector2 based on any kind of orientation change. I use this specifically for going from one set of screen coordinates to another set of coordinates in a different orientation. I won't list all of the possible orientation changes (there are twelve), but it works really nicely. I am thinking that this is the kind of thing that would need to get implemented for Mobclix to work nicely when switching orientations. I might be able to do it on my end if I look more closely at the obj-c side of things.

Basically if I could get an updated Vector2 back to the ad banners position, then I think that could afford me to not have to destroy and recreate the banner. It can rotate to it's orientation, like it does now (no modifying needed there), then immediately after it does that, I can say "hey update your position to suit the new orientation". That would mean I call my UpdateVectorFromTo method and pass it the original x,y pos, then it would return the updated position to use. Since my code is in Unity, I would need a way for obj-c to call my unity code. Is this possible? If not then I would have to move my method and code into obj-c. Since my method relies on other code to track the current state of recent orientation updates, I'd have to move a couple more lines into obj-c to get it all to work. I'm not well versed in it yet though.

If you have any thoughts on the matter please share.

Thanks, Corey.

EDIT: Yes I am a perfectionist. :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  12. prime31

prime31

@corey, it sounds like what you are attempting to pull off would be much better suited to be done in Obj-C. Or, you can drop the perfectionist view and realize that orientation changes from landscape to portrait are going to be so rare that it really isn't worth the time :)

13. mohydineName

mohydineName

Hi Prime31,

I keep getting the following error. It use to work and does not anymore:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Mobclix: Application Id not specified in Info.plist for application.'
    However I checked the info.plist and the key:
    MCApplicationId is filled with my id key.
    Moreover, the file MobclixApplicationId.txt has the key as well.

Did I miss something?

14. prime31

prime31

@mohydine, it sounds like everything is in order. Try deleting the app from your iPhone before deploying it from Xcode bit could be that Xcode didn't pick up the change and copy over the new Info.plist.

15. andyz

andyz

What was the fix for this - I have a similar issue with Store kit plugin.
    With the newest Unity I can not do a Build and then a Build and Run because of the ".DS_Store Already exists" error. I can only do a build that replaces all... :(

16. prime31

prime31

@AndyZ, the error you are getting is be aide one of the files didn't get copied to the Xcode project. Do a Build then choose Replace and that will get you a clean project.

17. andyz

andyz

I did this - still get the error

18. prime31

prime31

@AndyZ, I just noticed that you said you are using 4.1. You will need to update to 4.2 to use the newest Mobclix and you should always be building with the latest SDK no matter when when doing iOS development.

19. andyz

andyz

I am using 4.2 - I just copied the previous comment is all - I get the same kind of error - just with 4.2 and the storekit plugin.
    And latest version of Unity.
    It used to work so I suspect an issue with latest Unity - either way I am bit stuck right now.

20. prime31

prime31

@AndyZ, it definitely works with the latest release of Unity, I can confirm that. Are you being sure to build for iOS Device 4.2 in Unity (and not simulator)? Can you screenshot your Xcode project with the Mobclix folder expanded so that I can see the content of it?

21. andyz

andyz

(storekit plugin)
    Ok it is to do with Unity after further investigation. As in your docs Prime - you need to do a straight build first and then a build and run to get the plugin to work properly. The first clean build always comes up with those errors. The second build and run fixes things.

The problem is that my main project will not do a build and run over a clean build as per the bug in the other thread in this forum whereby you have to clean out the build folder for EVERY build!
    (.DS_Store already exists)

So I think it is Unity that must come to my rescue!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  22. deepak

deepak

Hi Prime,

Did any of your plugin has support of iphone default mail composer? Something like below:

Capturing image from unity and attaching the same to iphone mail composer.

23. prime31

prime31

@deepak, the Etcetera Plugin has the following methods:

24. deepak

deepak

Thanks for quick reply.. And one more question regarding social networking :). posting on facebook fan page requires the user to be a fan of the application. Is it possible from the plugin to make user as a fan of the application, so that he/she can post from the application?

25. prime31

prime31

@deepak, you can use the graphRequest method to call any available Facebook Graph API calls so it is definitely possible.

26. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

I just want to narrate my curious experience with the iAd plugin.

I integrated the iAd plugin properly (at least the message box told me so).

If I include the testScene that comes along with the plugin into my project's build settings, the ads work. Sooner or later xcode will say "Ad inventory unavailable" then the ad would hide itself. (I figure its more of my connection to the iAd servers that give me the test ad pictures to download is having a problem.) I worked around this by calling AdBinding.createAdBanner(false) once more when that happens. I'm not even sure if doing that is redundant since I'm not sure if the Obj-C code will automatically attempt to show the ad once more if it gets an error.

However, if I didn't add testScene in my build settings and just made use of AdBinding.createAdBanner(false) in my own code, the ads don't display at all, and I will get these errors constantly repeating every few milliseconds in xcode:
    Application has iAd Network configuration error
    Ad inventory unavailable

Again, if I merely check the checkbox to include testScene in my build, the ads will display.

I really am confused why that is the case. The testScene really just makes use of example code on how to use it (AdAdapter.cs and GUIManager.cs) and the meat of the code is in Obj-C with the glue between it and Unity in AdBinding.cs (and AdBinding.cs will always be included in the build no matter what since its static code). So not having testScene in my project build should work right? Perhaps I need to add AdManager also in one of my scenes?

EDIT: Ah I remember AdManager only facilitates the callback when the ad is shown or hidden and the iAd can, in fact, work without it. So I am really clueless why this is happening.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  27. prime31

prime31

The "Ad inventory unavailable" is totally normal and Apple will send failed ads purposely every so often for testing purposes. Once a proper ad comes back through the banner will reappear so no need to recreate the banner.

The "Application has iAd Network configuration error" could be your bundle ID not being set properly in Unity or not having iAds enabled in iTunes Connect. Also be sure to use a debug build (in Xcode, Unity's setting does nothing).

The AdManager should be in your scene as it receives messages from native code. If it isn't there, the only side effect will be some warnings in the console. Have you tried just dragging the prefab into your scene? That is the quickest, easiest way to get up and running for sure.

28. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Thanks for the reply. It clarifies things.

Then how come, by just adding the testScene in my build settings, and not changing anything at all in my bundle ID or changing anything in iTunes Connect, the ads then work, but if I remove testScene, I get the "Application has iAd Network configuration error"?

I really don't think the testScene has anything to do with it at all and yet that's the results I'm getting.

I also tried, without having the testScene added, just adding the ad prefab in my scene where the ads should appear. It didn't work either. I keep getting "Application has iAd Network configuration error" over and over again. I thought it was because I display the ads in my 3rd scene (I play two splash screens first prior to the main menu where the ads are displayed), but I put the prefab in the first scene and it still gives the error.

I have set my iTunes Connect to use iAds, but I haven't added my application yet for release since I'm still developing it. Could that be why?

I'll be testing again later to double-check my findings. Thanks.

Also, when I tap on the ad itself, sometimes, nothing happens. Sometimes, the message that says ads are working properly show up. Is this also normal behavior?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  29. prime31

prime31

You definitely do not need to submit your application but you should add it in iTunes Connect, enable iAds for it and use the bundle ID that you setup there as well. It is quite odd that it works with the test scene but not without....there is nothing magic in the test scene, it is all quite basic...

30. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Ah, ok that must be it. I have not added any application at all in iTunes Connect, but I have agreed to the iAd contract and added the bank and taxing information for it.

If that is the case, then I shouldn't be seeing any ads at all. Why then, if I add the testScene, am I seeing the test ads, I wonder?

Note that my bundle ID does not use a wildcard.

31. prime31

prime31

I have no explanation for why it would work with the test scene but not without. That is quite odd indeed.

32. LeoNgai

LeoNgai

Hello Prime,

This morning I just purchased your iAd plug-in and I compiled and built your demo scene but cannot see any banners on the iPad device. Did I miss anything? The environment is as follow:

1) XCode 3.2.5 (iOS SDK 4.2)
    2) Unity 3.1 (iPhone Basic)
    3) In iTunes Connect, I created a new application bundle ID with iAd enabled for testing (In iAd network, it is shown as amber color: receiving testing iAd status)
    4) in Unity, I set the bundle ID in Unity to be the same as the one newly created in iTunes Connect
    5) FYI: I am located in Canada
    6) When I ran your demo scene on my iPad device, I can see 4 buttons, but no matter how I click on them, there are no iAd banners shown on the screen.

Any of your guidance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Leo

33. T-Strijker

T-Strijker

Hey Prime,

I have same problem as @LeoNgai. I have a game that is build for Iphone and Ipad. The iad work fine on iphone but when i run the same build on the Ipad it doesn't work. I get the error:
    The operation couldn’t be completed. Ad inventory unavailable
    Ad is visible? False

Any idea what the problem cut be.

Regards,
    T-Strijker

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  34. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

Hi,
    is this plug-in for Advanced only ?

Thank you in advance !

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  35. susantio

susantio

Hello, I have a question about the Game Center plugin, which (as stated on the website) only works with iOS4.2 or later. What happens when the player run the app with an older iOS. Will it cause an error in the app or will it just ignore it. Thanks so much for making these great plug ins.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  36. prime31

prime31

@Leo/Stijker, it sounds like you guys have everything setup correctly. Apple does send errors quite often for testing purposes so you may need to give it a minute or two. Be sure to watch the logs.

@Litobyte, all our plugins work with Unity 3 Basic

@susantio, you just need to set the Base SDK to 4.2. The deployment target can be 3.x then you can use the isGameCenterAvailable method to either show or hide GC related stuff.

37. LeoNgai

LeoNgai

I tried it several more times but still no testing iAd banners show up. Also, there are no any error messages. What's mean of "Be sure to watch the logs."? Thanks!

38. dcp468

dcp468

@ LeoNgai

To view any messages that result from events being fired or completed with your app/game open the CONSOLE window while in XCODE.

I believe you can find the option to open the CONSOLE somewhere within the RUN menu. Here is a XCODE cheatsheet for quick shortcuts. Look for the console shortcut in the RUN section :)

39. andyz

andyz

Using the storekit plugin is a mine field with Xcode 3.2.5 and Unity!
    When I run the example with valid product info it [usually] gets the correct product info [FIXED: but currently then crashes with a "EXC_BAD_ACCESS” ]

There is an issue with debugging in this XCode though - I get
    "warning: Unable to read symbols for /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/4.2.1 (8C148)/Symbols/usr/lib/info/dns.so (file not found)."
    at start and
    "warning: Unable to read symbols for /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/4.2.1 (8C148)/Symbols/Developer/usr/lib/libXcodeDebuggerSupport.dylib (file not found)."
    after the crash

EDIT - sorry the bad Access is my bad!
    But if anyone knows how to sort the debugging symbols out it would be helpful

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  40. errormaker

errormaker

Hi Prime31!
    Nice Storekit plugin!
    I have your Storekit plugin working with your example scene StoreKitTestScene.
    I also have your "all in one" C Sharp script working in a test scene.
    BUT…
    I know nothing of C Sharp, only JavaScript…

So its still hard to implement in my "JavaScript game"… Really hard...
    For instants… from your "all in one" script:

// Show a buy now button in your gui that can be removed later if
    // you find that the user already bought this product

"Hmm… I'm in a C Sharp script… Show a buy button… hmm…"

or:

// This gets triggered when a user touches the Buy Now button
    public void onTouchBuyNowButtion()

Can you give me some tips on how to implement the Storekit plugin
    in a JavaScript environment…?

Sorry to bother you with thease stupid questions…!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  41. LeoNgai

LeoNgai

Thanks a lot! Now I am able to tell: It is an issue called "Ad inventory unavailable". I am curious if this issue is located on the Apple SDK side / iAd Network side? Thanks!

2011-01-19 20:29:40.330 ID0011[2310:307] ------ bannerView:didFailToReceiveAdWithError: The operation couldn’t be completed. Ad inventory unavailable
    Ad is visible? False

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/71ca6fec1b41cc30/Projects/../Runtime/Export/Generated/BaseClass.cpp Line: 2528)

2011-01-19 20:31:41.839 ID0011[2310:307] ------ bannerView:didFailToReceiveAdWithError: The operation couldn’t be completed. Ad inventory unavailable
    Ad is visible? False

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/71ca6fec1b41cc30/Projects/../Runtime/Export/Generated/BaseClass.cpp Line: 2528)

2011-01-19 20:35:43.168 ID0011[2310:307] ------ bannerView:didFailToReceiveAdWithError: The operation couldn’t be completed. Ad inventory unavailable
    Ad is visible? False

2011-01-19 20:40:44.377 ID0011[2310:307] ------ bannerView:didFailToReceiveAdWithError: The operation couldn’t be completed. Ad inventory unavailable

42. T-Strijker

T-Strijker

I also still have same problem as @LeoNgai whit the iads on the Ipad. Same errors too. Any idea's what the problem cut be Prime. It almost looks like Apple just sends aid messages that are not failed.

43. Steva

Steva

Hello, i bought the Augmented Reality plugin but the texture with the camera output is always black when i try to read it from script. It shows fine when applied to a material, but it's black when for example i use it in a GUI element or try to copy it in another texture (with assign or GetPixels ()). Is it normal or am i missing something?
    It seems rather limiting not beign able to read the texture... :(

44. prime31

prime31

@Stevan, if you are using and iPod Touch 4G check the documentation for a fix. There will be an official update with the fix in a few days when I arrive back to the states.

45. Steva

Steva

nope i'm using an iPhone 4...

46. prime31

prime31

@steva, I believe there is a flag on either the material or texture that needs to be set to allow reading of pixel data. I don't have Unity in front of me so I can't tell you exactly where it is at this particular moment.

47. EnoJoy

EnoJoy

@steva, you indeed need to setup your texture so you can read and/or write into it manually.
    You can do this by :
    - going to the Texture exporter rollout of your texture
    - Set the texture type to Advanced
    - Check the Read/Write Enabled box
    And finally apply your changes.
    (And if I'm not mistaken, the texture format usually has to be ARGB32, RGB32 or Alpha8).

48. Steva

Steva

i'm aware of that, but the texture returned from startCameraCapture is a new texture...

like this (JS):
    Code (csharp):
    2. var cameraMaterial : Material;
    3. private var cameraCapture : Texture2D;
    4. private var cameraPhoto : Texture2D;
    5. private var cameraAvailable : boolean = false;
    7. function Start () {
    8.     cameraAvailable = ARBinding.isCaptureAvailable ();
    9.     if (cameraAvailable) {
    10.         cameraCapture = ARBinding.startCameraCapture( false, ARQuality.High );
    11.         cameraCapture.name = "CameraCapture 123";
    12.         cameraMaterial.mainTexture = cameraCapture;
    13.         ARBinding.updateMaterialUVScaleForTexture( cameraMaterial, cameraCapture );
    14.         return;
    15.     }
    17. }
    then i would take a "photo" with this:
    Code (csharp):
    2. function TakePhoto () {
    3.     if (cameraCapture) {
    4.         if (cameraPhoto) {
    5.             Destroy (cameraPhoto);
    6.             cameraPhoto = null;
    7.         }
    9.         yield WaitForEndOfFrame();
    10.         cameraPhoto = new Texture2D (cameraCapture.width, cameraCapture.height, TextureFormat.ARGB32, false);
    11.         cameraPhoto.name = "CameraPhoto 123";
    12.         var img : Color[] = new Color[cameraCapture.width *cameraCapture.height];
    13.         img = cameraCapture.GetPixels (0);
    14.         cameraPhoto.SetPixels (img, 0);
    15.         cameraPhoto.Apply ();
    16.         photoMaterial.mainTexture = cameraPhoto;
    17.     }
    18. }

49. EnoJoy

EnoJoy

@Steva
    Don't have this plugin atm, so can't really tell you something definitive.
    But the only way I know of making a texture readable, by code, is through a TextureImporter.isReadable workaround.
    But that only works in the editor and needs a source file.

I'll try to look into it, but maybe Prime31 already has something in mind...

Edit: Ever thought of getting your picture through a shader?
    There shouldn't be any problem with the readable parameter of the texture

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  50. JoshOClock

JoshOClock

I seem to be running into the '$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o' problem that I've seen mentioned in this thread a couple times with my GameCenter and AdMob plug-ins.

I followed all the steps I could find but I'm stumped.

1) Confirmed SDK Version and Target iOS Version are 4.2
    2) Chose 'Build' from Unity and then 'Replace'

But when I run XCode project I get the string of errors.

Anyone have anything else to try?

EDIT: In the end it required deletion of the subfolders and creating 2 empty projects installing on in each, and moving them over manually. All good now.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.