Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prime31

prime31

@Mortis, I see the script being called in an earlier build but the latest build is not calling the GameCenter PostprocessBuildPlayer script. Did you install any other plugins that might overwrite the PostprocessBuildPlayer script? Can you send over the contents of the plugin logs (see my response 3 above for the details on how to get it).

2. prime31

prime31

@Krobill, everything finished successfully. Now that I look at your errors in more detail they are not from the plugin. I see errors for the methods "_FacebookGetFriendNameAt", "_FacebookRequestFriendInfo" and others that are not part of our plugin. Try importing the plugin into an empty project and I am almost 100% sure it will build and run fine for you.

3. SarperS

SarperS

I've just opened an empty project and installed the Game Center plugin and took a build. Here is the filtered Prime31 log.

Attached Files:

4. prime31

prime31

@Mortis, it looks like you have Xcode 4.3 and the old build system. Shoot an email to questions (at) prime31.com and I'll get you the latest build system.

5. Krobill

Krobill

Thanks Prime! indeed it was an error from an other file...

6. SarperS

SarperS

Done, I'm waiting for your reply, thanks!

7. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

Thanks! I did more than double check:). Changed a bit of my code still this seems to happen at least randomly. Don't know why this would happen. I have to do more testing with MoPub.

Also, I want to mention that there seems to be a problem with iAd and the refresh time that you can set via the MoPubs web interface for ad-units. Setting something other than "0", will confuse iAds Orientation behaviour, means you will get landscape instead portrait oriented banners at random times. Keeping refresh time at "0" will fix it. Anyway iAd will refresh every 60 seconds. Just for the case anyone runs into the same problem.

8. andymads

andymads

You mean the requestProductData method?

I'm using this, and it returns all the data I need for the UI in game. But (for our analytics people) there's no way of knowing if "$" for example is US, Canadian, Australian, etc?

9. prime31

prime31

@andy, the product data includes the currency symbol. If you need more info than that just localize all the IAP products and embed the info in the title/description.

10. moproductions

moproductions

You wouldn't happen to have anything that deals with the irritating iOS font issue would you? No Dynamic fonts is causing headaches and I'd hate to use OnGUI().

BTW so far this guy's stuff is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

11. prime31

prime31

12. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

Purchased the storekit just yesterday. Haven't tried anything yet. Yet I've already a question. I would like to change the monetization model for my iOS game means adding IAP. As my game is already live I would like to keep some stuff free for users that already purchased the game in the past but not for future users. To make sure who stays free it would be nice to retrieve the app's purchase in the appstore from inside the app and determine based on this date. As far as I can see this is possible for IAP-content. Is it also possible to retrieve the purchase date of the app itself? I think it would be a nice addition to the storekit as I guess many devs are/will be confronted with a similar issue when adding IAP not right from beginning of an app's life.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  13. prime31

prime31

@synapse, the best (and only) way to determine the purchase date of the app itself would be to log it on your server on the first launch. Apple does not provide a way to get the purchase date of anything other that IAPs.

14. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

Thanks, super fast response as usual :) Hmm, suspected this but hope dies last. Unfortunately I haven't done this for the game but will do this for my future games. All other methods to work around this are not save enough.

15. Jay_Santos

Jay_Santos

After importing the StoreKit package (haven't done any coding yet,
    only imported the package), my game stopped working.

I compile it on Xcode 4.2, and during Unity's default splash screen I
    get up to applicationDidFinishLaunching() in Xcode's console and then
    the application main thread gets into a "Paused" state. See image below:

$Screen Shot 2012-03-05 at 6.15.24 PM.png

I tried deleting the StoreKit files but then I started getting a
    warning o Xcode: check_safe_call: could not restore current frame

Any suggestions?

16. prime31

prime31

@Jay, I believe I already answered you via email. There is no need to send multiple messages. Either email or forum is fine but both is unnecessary.

17. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

Ok, I checked the link. Thanks.

Another issue. When running the code below the banner will pop up for second (or for some frames) in level 0 and then hides instead of not showing at all. That looks a bit ugly. Is there another way to suppress displaying the banner in level 0? What do I miss?

Code (csharp):
    1. public void Awake()
    2.     {  
    3.         MoPubManager.adViewDidLoadAdEvent += adViewDidLoadAdEvent;
    4.     }
    5. public void Start()
    6.     {  
    7.         MoPubBinding.createBanner( bannerType, bannerPositionX, bannerPositionY, _adUnitId );
    8. // This doesn't help either
    9.         /*if(Application.loadedLevel == 0)
    10.         {
    11.             MoPubBinding.showBanner( false );
    12.         }*/
    13.     }
    15. void adViewDidLoadAdEvent()
    16.     {          
    17.         //Debug.Log( "adViewDidLoadAdEvent" );
    19.         if(Application.loadedLevel == 0)
    20.         {
    21.             MoPubBinding.showBanner( false );
    22.         }
    23.     }

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  18. prime31

prime31

@synapse, your best bet is to not create the banner until you are ready to show it.

19. Jay_Santos

Jay_Santos

Guys,

I am trying to set up my first app using StoreKit, but I am getting the dreaded "invalid product identifier" error.

I think I did everything right on Itunes Connect:

- First I've set up a new application with placeholder information/images
    - Second I've created my In-App purchase item, also with placeholder information
    - Then I've added the item to the application and clicked on the "Submit Binary" button. Now the application status is "Waiting for Upload" and the In-App item status is "Waiting for Review"

At this point any product data request I perform returns "invalid product identifier"...

Should I wait until the application and/or in-app items suffer a status change?

Other question: My Bundle ID is com.<company name>.<app name> and the in-app's product ID is com.<company name>.<app name>.<in-app name>. Which one should I use on the product data request? The Bundle ID or the Product ID? It should be the product, right?

Here's a couple of screenshots showing the current status:

Attached Files:

20. prime31

prime31

@Jay, there is no need to click the submit binary button unless you are ready to submit your binary. Be sure to read through the docs and pay attention to all the details: bundle ID, provisioning profile, log out of the Store, test users, etc. it also takes time for any changes to propagate on Apples end.

21. pahe

pahe

Hi Guys.
    I installed the storekit (25-2-2012) version latetly and it crashes somewhere in the storekit library when I try to make a purchase request with following message:

Code (csharp):
    1. warning: Unable to read symbols for /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/4.3.2 (8H7)/Symbols/Developer/usr/lib/libXcodeDebuggerSupport.dylib (file not found).
    2. warning: No copy of libXcodeDebuggerSupport.dylib found locally, reading from memory on remote device.  This may slow down the debug session.
    $iap_crash.png

Hsa someone a hint for me what could be the problem?

Thx for help

22. prime31

prime31

@pahe, what do you have set as your base SDK and what device/iOS version are you using?

23. pahe

pahe

Base SDK is iOS 5.0 in xCode settings.

I've tested it with an iPad 1 with iOS 4.3.2 and with a iPhone 3GS with iOS 5.0.1 both times it crashes.

24. prime31

prime31

@pahe, I didn't have an exact version match but all is fine on 4.3.5 and 5.0.1 for our test devices. I can't think of any reason Apple would crash at that particular point. Just to be certain, did you request product data before calling purchase? Have you tried doing a build and replace to get a fresh Xcode project?

25. pahe

pahe

Yes, I'm calling the requestProductData function at startup and later try to purchase the item. Also I created a new xCode project. I'll try to make a little test app now. If it also doesn't work I'll post it here.

Thx for help.

26. pahe

pahe

Hm. Reverted to the old plugin of the 16-06-2011 and now it works. Couldn't figure out why it crashes with the new version though.
    Is there something I have to regard with using the old plugin?

27. prime31

prime31

@pahe, the only difference between the two is what gets sent to the purchase successful event.

28. DreamEnder

DreamEnder

Hey Prime, Are there issues with the new iOS 5.1? I've just updated and now the plugins are not getting copied into the Xcode project.

29. DreamEnder

DreamEnder

Nevermind. Downloaded an update to one of the plugins and it worked.

30. pixelbacon

pixelbacon

Plugin: VideoTexture
    Unity Version: 3.4.f2
    XCode: 4.3
    iOS Version Target:
    - 4.3 in Unity
    - 5.0 in XCode.

Other Plugins Used:
    - Qualcomm AR
    - iTween
    - UIToolkit

Errors

I receive the following errors when publishing in Unity to XCode:

Error building Player: FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "~/Dropbox/Work/Lab/Unity/McDonaldsAR/Temp/StagingArea/iPhone-Trampoline/Unity-iPhone.xcodeproj/michaelminor.pbxuser".
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Exception: Error building Player: FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "~/Dropbox/Work/Lab/Unity/McDonaldsAR/Temp/StagingArea/iPhone-Trampoline/Unity-iPhone.xcodeproj/michaelminor.pbxuser".

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.BuildPlayerWithDefaultSettings (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions forceOptions)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.BuildPlayerAndRun ()

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  31. prime31

prime31

@pixel, that appears to be an issue with your Unity install. The iPhone trampoline is part of the default Unity installation.

32. pixelbacon

pixelbacon

Thanks for the quick reply. Problem being that everything was running absolutely fine until I installed the VideoTexture package.

What properties does it change that would effect the build process?

33. prime31

prime31

@pixel, it would never touch your default Unity installation under any circumstance. All it does is add a postprocessbuildplayer script and some not al files. The issue in that error is a missing file in your Unity installation. I did notice that it was inside a Dropbox folder and I can't say for sure if that could cause issues.

34. pixelbacon

pixelbacon

I previously zipped the folder with xcode in it, and unzipped so I have it again... So, here's an updated log from Xcode.

35. pixelbacon

pixelbacon

I've ruled out Dropbox at this point, since everything was working and publishing to xcode and my devices without issue prior to installing the package.

But if you end up stumped I'll take it out of the folder and try then.

36. prime31

prime31

@pixel, those errors look like the post process scripts didn't run. Did you get the Finder popup letting you know they successfully ran? If not reimport to ensure the file permissions are correct and do a build and replace.

37. pixelbacon

pixelbacon

Kind of need to know what to set the file permissions to know if they're correct ;)

But no, no finder popup. Just the Unity dialog saying it was running the post process script after it compiled to xcode. No error shows up in the Console...

38. prime31

prime31

@pixel, rein porting the plugin overwrites the files with the proper permissions. If it still doesn't run send over the output of the Unity editor log of a build.

39. pixelbacon

pixelbacon

40. bambamyi

bambamyi

Prime, I updated my Xcode to 4.3.1 and iOS SDK to 5.1. I also updated Unity to 3.5 and noticed that PostBuildProcessor did not put SocialNetworking and GameCenter on my XCode Project. I have downgraded to Unity 3.4.2f3 and now it still is not putting the plugins at the final xcode build.

Any idea?

41. prime31

prime31

@bam, Xcode 4.3+ requires our new build system which is being added to all our plugins. Make sure you are on the latest version or shot me an email (questions at prime31.com) and I'll send it to you.

42. bambamyi

bambamyi

email sent Prime. Thank you.

43. Axel-F

Axel-F

problem solved :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  44. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

Yesterday I updated to Unity 3.5.0f5 and my xcode build fails to run on my iPod 2G and iPad 1. I deleted and reinstalled all my Prime Plugins, made replace builds also. My game stops working at unity splash screen or right after splash screen showing a black screen. xcode out put shows this for example.

2012-03-08 18:31:46.896 egging[1403:307] -> registered mono modules 0x1105530
    warning: Unable to read symbols for /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/4.2.1 (8C148)/Symbols/usr/lib/info/dns.so (file not found).
    warning: No copy of dns.so found locally, reading from memory on remote device. This may slow down the debug session.
    -> applicationDidBecomeActive()
    -> applicationDidResignActive()
    -> applicationDidBecomeActive()

After deleting the freshly installed StoreKit my project startet to work again. I haven't coded anything yet for StoreKit just imported. With Unity 3.4.2f2 this was not a problem. I also pm you with info that I'm not allowed to talk about in public.

45. prime31

prime31

@axel, the latest StoreKit Plugin requires that you delete the contents of the editor/StoreKit folder before importing. That will get rid of the duplicate symbols for you (you might need to do a Product -> Clean in Xcode to clear the caches).

46. arpst0rm

arpst0rm

We have a game that runs pretty well on Ipad2 but will not run at all on Ipad1. It seems to be memory related.

We are getting a lot of
    Mar 9 15:51:34 unknown UIKitApplication:com.hive.zombieHouse[0xb743][144] <Notice>: (Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/Runtime/ExportGenerated/iPhonePlayer-armv7/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 34)

and

Mar 9 15:54:07 unknown UIKitApplication:com.hive.zombieHouse[0x889e][160] <Notice>: Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2533.
    Mar 9 15:54:07 unknown UIKitApplication:com.hive.zombieHouse[0x889e][160] <Notice>: Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Initially it ran fine. We initially thought this was related to the number of models in the scene, but the problem has gotten to the point where the Ipad1 wont even full launch to the main screen due to these issues. Any suggestions on settings or other items that cause this?

47. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

Hey Prime!
    I am getting problem in integrating Social Plugin in my iOS game, I recently downloaded the plugin from link you sent me. It was working fine with some of my previous games but now when i redownloaded it, It is not working now Here is detail:

Error I get is (while linking):

I am using Unity3d 3.3.0f4 and followed the instruction on doc.

48. prime31

prime31

@qamar, I believe I already answered you via email. In the future one medium is enough for a support request. the undefined symbol is due to you using an extremely old version of Unity. UnityGetGLViewController first appeared two versions of Unity back. If for some reason you can't update you will have to manually remove all references to UnityGetGLViewController

49. vrgz

vrgz

Hi prime

i have some question.

i purchaseProduct something. and it Success.
    and i send it to validateReceipt
    but the event receiptValidationSuccessful return nothing about this Product.
    so how can i know this receiptValidationSuccessful event is for what purchaseProduct ?

i means if i purchase many things in same time. how can i know that which one is validate.

50. vrgz

vrgz

i mean

how to distinguish receiptValidationSuccessful for which validateReceipt

sorry for my poor english.

thankyou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.