Search Unity

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulsz

paulsz

@Prime31
    I have a problem with the Flurry plugin integration
    I added the unity package to my project.
    The plugin is integrated into the XCode project as well, but when I run the program on an IPod the program crashes when startSession() is called and I get the error:

Unable to read symbols for /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/4.2.1 (8C148)/Symbols/Developer/usr/lib/libXcodeDebuggerSupport.dylib (file not found).

I also tried running the program on device running IOS 4.3.3. , same results.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks in advance

2. prime31

prime31

@paulsz, if you are using an older, ARM6 iPod Toich that might be the issue. If I recall (but don't quote me on this as I am on vacation without references) Flurrys library is ARM7.

3. paulsz

paulsz

@prime31
    Thank you for your quick response.
    I am checking Unity's Player Settings and the Target Platform is arm6+arm7, If Flurry indeed is for arm7 that I suppose this is the problem.
    Am I right?

P.S.
    I check changing the target platform solves the issuse, it only works on ARM7

Thanks for you help

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  4. mehware

mehware

Prime31,

With the MediaPlayer Plugin, does setting useApplicationMusicPlayer to true mean the ipod music is ran through Unity's audio system? Also is there a way to return the Song Name and/or metadata?

Thanks

- Matt

5. prime31

prime31

@mehware, there is a method to get the current songs info. The audio is never played through Unitys FMOD system.

6. wonderlabsstudio

wonderlabsstudio

Hi, Prime31
    Got a "small" problem when i using "Etcetera" plugin. After I import the package and try to build one of the testScene in my iPhone, the xcode report error with "-[EtceteraManager getViewControllerForModalPresentation:] in EtceteraManager.o". I'm using Unity3.2 iOS pro Xcode 3.2.5.

Any ideas?

7. prime31

prime31

@wonderlabs, the plugin was updated for Unity 3.4 and has a few things that won't work in any other version. Any reason you are still way back on 3.2? The performance improvements and editor updates alone are more than reason enough to update. You may also consider updating your iOS SDK as well to get all the improvements Apple has added in 4.3.

8. wonderlabsstudio

wonderlabsstudio

@Prime31 Thanks for the quick replay, I will try to update to 3.4, though my internet connection sucks telling my I need 12hrs for 3.4 and 3 days for iOS 4.3. LOL. you see why I didnt update so often then. :D

Anyway thanks for the replay again.

9. bpritchard

bpritchard

@Prime31

You stated...
    "... we have been getting some requests to release it early from a few folks so we may just end up doing it (part of it at least)..."

Hey sign me up for any early testing you might need on this. :) We're already getting customer requests for this feature.. i'd be willing to prepay for the plugin (I have nothing but confidence it'll work as promised)...

:)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  10. prime31

prime31

@bpritchard, the plan right now will be to offer a discount for the first few people who buy it. Those lucky few will become beta testers due to us not being able to update all the different devices to iOS 5 yet. Apple doesn't let you downgrade so we need to keep a few on older versions.

11. bpritchard

bpritchard

@Prime31

Sounds great.. we'll have a device ready and good to go as soon as you guys pull the trigger. ;)

12. liven410

liven410

Hello Prime31.
    Thanks for the great plugins. After iPod this is the 2nd plugin that im gonna try.
    Actually i have downloaded the iAD plugin but while using It shows me some errors of protocol declarations missing.
    Well i read you last post as well and find i its needs some updates of SDK.

Well, Im using xcode 3.2.5 and ios SKD 4.2
    and i really dont want to update to xcode 4 nor the sdk to 4.3.
    Stil, u have some solution for that??

Thanks for the needful reply.
    :)

13. prime31

prime31

@liven, iAd requires iOS 4.3. I'm not sure why you do not want to update. By using the latest versions of the developer tools you get big fixes and performance enhancements for free...

14. Jdaman

Jdaman

@Prime31

The reason we have not upgraded yet is file size increase with 4.3. When we compile the same project we are noticing a file size that is 20-30% larger. Has anyone else noticed this?

15. calveit

calveit

I am having exactly the same problem. Non-consumable, working fine when purchasing and restoring transactions. But when I start the application, I want to verify the receipt to check if the user has unlocked the game or not.

Here's my code:
    Code (csharp):
    2. [...]
    3.         StoreKitManager.receiptValidationSuccessful += OnReceiptValidated;
    4.         StoreKitManager.receiptValidationFailed += OnReceiptValidationFailed;          
    6.         List<StoreKitTransaction> transactions = StoreKitBinding.getAllSavedTransactions().FindAll( ( StoreKitTransaction _t ) => { return _t.productIdentifier == Settings.UnlockedGameProductID; } );
    7.         if (transactions.Count > 0)
    8.         {      
    9.             foreach ( StoreKitTransaction transaction in transactions )
    10.             {
    11.                 StoreKitBinding.validateReceipt( transaction.base64EncodedTransactionReceipt, true );
    12.             }
    13.         }
    14. [...]
    17.     void OnReceiptValidated()
    18.     {
    19.         Debug.Log("Receipt validated" );   
    20.         Utilities.UnlockTheGame();
    21.     }
    23.     void OnReceiptValidationFailed(string error)
    24.     {
    25.         Debug.Log("Receipt validation failed " + error );  
    26.     }  
    Validation result is always the same:
    Any idea what am I doing wrong?

16. prime31

prime31

That looks like a bug on Apples end. You can see in the error they have an exception being thrown in their code.

17. andreasR

andreasR

Hi, I have a question: when I use the iAd plugin, do I also have to enable "iAd Network Settings" in the itunesConnect page where I submit the app? My guess is that I have to enable it.

18. prime31

prime31

@andreas, you sure do if you actually want to be able to receive iAds

19. andreasR

andreasR

@prime31 thanks for the quick reply. I have one final question: The iAd plugin requires minimum ios version 4.3, so I have to set "SDK Version" to "iOS 4.3" and "Target iOS Version" also to "4.3" in the Player Settings, right?

20. prime31

prime31

@andreas, base needs to be 4.3 bit target should be whatever you are targeting for your game.

21. andreasR

andreasR

alright, so I can set the "Target iOS Version" to "Unknown" right?

22. prime31

prime31

Unknown just means you will set it manually in Xcode

23. andreasR

andreasR

thanks, and the target platform does not concern iAd, for example if I set it to "armv7"?

24. prime31

prime31

Processor architecture doesn't matter for iAd

25. andreasR

andreasR

thanks, you are my hero. do these warnings in xcode mean anything: "ADBannerContentSizeIdentifier480*32 is deprecated", "ADBannerContentSizeIdentifier320*50 is deprecated"

26. prime31

prime31

The warnings are expected. They are to enable support for older iOS versions.

27. zehreken

zehreken

Hello,

I have formatted the Mac I'm using and reinstalled everything. I'm having problems right now when I try to build the game with xCode. xCode gives this error;

and 10 similar errors like the one below.

I think it is about the gameCenter plug-in. I have tried 'chmod a+x Postprocess*' which you mentioned in one of the previous posts but it made no good.

28. prime31

prime31

@zehr, sounds to me like you are building for the simulator.

29. Virtual

Virtual

HI First up hats of to you guys at prime 31 for developing some really awesome plugins :D.

now i got the iad plugin from you and worked fine in development got the test ads so thought everything was fine we released our app but for some reason it dosen't have ads i get an error " <Warning>: ------ bannerView:didFailToReceiveAdWithError: The operation couldn’t be completed. Ad inventory unavailable" and was wondering if you could tel me where i am going wrong.

I was speaking to my flatmate and he said the was a problem with IAd as it didn't have many ads and such didn't display when there where none is this the case here?

Thanks for all your help

Virtual

30. prime31

prime31

@Virtual, your flat ate is correct. That just means Apple doesn't have any ads to fill the banner at the moment.

31. Nick_Field

Nick_Field

Hi, Prime.

I have a problem with SocialNetworking Plugin. After allowing use of my app in official Facebook application my game is not restored. If I restored it manually it sais that login failed. Any suggestions?

PS. A trying to integrate Facebook and Twitter with OpenFeint to my game.

32. prime31

prime31

@nick, double check that you properly setup your URL scheme

33. Nick_Field

Nick_Field

Thank you, it helped.

34. Nick_Field

Nick_Field

Another question. In SocialNetworking Plugin there is a method called getLoggedinUsersName. But it's void. It's returns nothing. How can I get user name in Unity code?

35. prime31

prime31

@Nick, almost every method call is asynchronous with the SocialNetworking Plugin so they return void and then fire an event when the information is retrieved. Have a look at the demo scene for an example.

36. Nick_Field

Nick_Field

Thank you very much. Now I fully understand how works your plug-in =)

37. bpritchard

bpritchard

Hiya Prime!

Question on using the RestorePurchase function... we're doing an update to our existing app and adding a restore button per request. So what i've done is just set it up this way..

Code (csharp):
    3.     public void restorePurchase()
    4.     {
    5.         StoreKitBinding.restoreCompletedTransactions();
    6.     }
    And it seems to work fine but i wanted to confirm that thats all i need to do to complete a previous transation. I don't need to run any validators or anything else correct? And i assume it uses the general fail case and not a special onRestore fail case?

Cheers
    Bryan

38. prime31

prime31

@Bryan, that looks about right to me assuming you are already listening to the standard purchase succeeded event.

39. bpritchard

bpritchard

@Prime31

Yeah i have 2 events.. onPurchaseSuccessful and onRestoreSuccessful... i'm definitely hitting the restore point. Ok thanks.. validation is sometimes a good thing. ;)

40. JamesMobot

JamesMobot

Am I missing something painfully obvious?
    (nothing new)

So I set it to active, then make sure it updates the state in the update function.
    The part I am missing is what to call the actual buttons with?

Does iCadeBinding.state have button functions or something we can call in our control configuration?

Thanks

41. prime31

prime31

@Robots, as long as you call updateState just once per frame in your Update method you can then grab the entire button config state with iCadeBinding.state. If you are using Monodevelop, if you just type "iCadeBinding.state." you will get an autocomplete list of the buttons. If you are using JS (shudders) then you have to manually type the buttons from the iCadeState struct.

42. JamesMobot

JamesMobot

Yeah, I use JS for most everything.
    But That is what i was needing. Just a way to see what the actual buttons are so i can tie them into m controls.
    That points me in the right direction I think
    thanks

43. kmeleon

kmeleon

I have this error plz help

Code (csharp):
    1. Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    2.   "__iAdDestroyAdBanner", referenced from:
    3.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    4.   "__iAdCreateAdBanner", referenced from:
    5.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    6.   "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ADBannerView", referenced from:
    7.       objc-class-ref in AdManager.o
    8.   "__iAdRotateToOrientation", referenced from:
    9.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    10.   "_ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierPortrait", referenced from:
    11.       -[AdManager adjustRequestedAdTypesBasedOnOrientation] in AdManager.o
    12.   "__iAdFireHideShowEvents", referenced from:
    13.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    14.   "_ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierLandscape", referenced from:
    15.       -[AdManager adjustRequestedAdTypesBasedOnOrientation] in AdManager.o
    16. ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    17. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

44. prime31

prime31

@kmeleon, the post process build player script appears to not be running. Are you using the latest version of the plugin, Unity and the iOS SDK? Are you running on your device (not on the simulator)?

If you are using the latest version and you are set in Xcode to run on the device please post the output of the Unity Editor log so we can see why the post process script isn't running.

45. ks32

ks32

Hello prime31,

I am also having problem with PostprocessBuildPlayer and it is not working. I have set
    chmod a+x PostprocessBuildPlayer*
    but it is still not copying any files to the xcode project.
    Unity 3.4 and xcode 4.1 (4B110). I am using latest version of NativeToolkit (1.0.5).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  46. prime31

prime31

@ks, are you using the latest version of the plugin? What is the output of the Unity Editor log for a Build?

47. ks32

ks32

yes, it is latest from asset store. I am using Lion OS. Its shows nothing in unity log, but on console log its showing follow error:

Executing PostprocessBuildPlayer...
    PostProcessBuildPlayer: calling Assets/Editor/PostprocessBuildPlayer_NativeToolkit
    /Volumes/Data/ks/UnityIphone-Projects/myproject/Assets/Editor/UpdateXcode.scpt: execution error: Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "Assets/Editor/runner.py", line 3, in <module>
    from UpdateXcode import *
    ImportError: Bad magic number in /Volumes/Data/ks/UnityIphone-Projects/myproject/Assets/Editor/UpdateXcode.pyc (1)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  48. prime31

prime31

@ks, it looks like you still have the old version that uses the Python interpreter from Snow Leopard. We sent in an update so as soon as it is approved you will be able to grab the new version. In the meantime you will need to manually drag the files to your Xcode project.

49. ks32

ks32

ok thanks for the quick reply.
    It is working with manual file copy.

50. sandolkakos

sandolkakos

Hi Prime31,
    i am with problems in using the Native Toolkit Plugin.

My View is configured to Landscape, but only Keyboard appear in Landscape, while the UI Elements appear only in Portrait.

When i compiled this same App in Xcode 3 and Unity 3.3, all was working, but now with Unity 3.4 and Xcode 4, i always got this problem.

This can be problem with Native Toolkit and Xcode 4/Unity 3.4 ?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.