Search Unity

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnLeeroy

JohnLeeroy

Hello Prime31,

I am looking at your iOS plugins and I see you have ones for iAd, Admob, and Adwhirl. I've been researching on which advertising service i should use of my iOS app and I came across an article that says Apple has blocked Google Admob from being used. Is admob still supported on Apple devices?

I looked over the admob and adwhirl websites and they give no indication that it isn't available on apple devices anymore.

2. prime31

prime31

@John, Apple has not blocked AdMob or any other ad vendors.

3. LimeSplice

LimeSplice

Hi Prime31

I'm not new to Unity, but I'm completely new to multiplay games. (I'm a designer/artist who has self taught JS for Unity).

Anyways, I am currently working on a design for a casual game that would require a lobby and multiplay (1v1) system (for example, "Hanging with Friends").

Is your GameCentre plug-in suitable to achieve all of the above? I heard there's some new developments in terms of lobbies for iOS5? Do you know about this?

Thanks for your advice!
    LS

4. prime31

prime31

@Lime, the GameCenter Plugin let's you connect up to 4 people. If that isn't a problem you can definitely do it with the plugin. I should warn you in advance that while the plugin will get 4 people connected in just a couple lines of code using that connection to male a lobby and game is a very difficult task. Multiplayer is hard so be prepared for it.

5. LimeSplice

LimeSplice

Thanks Prime - yeah had some solid brainstorming about the design overnight, because I was realising that unless I get a programmer on board, multiplay isn't realistic if i want the game out in less than 10 years :p

So, I'm designing it as a single play experience with leaderboards/achievements, that combined with your GameCentre plug-in, should be a breeze (or so).. ;) (Right?!) lol I have done around 6 months of js study using Unity, so I'm not a complete novice. (on a good day)

6. hxx2010

hxx2010

In the recording process, how to get the size of the microphone sound

Attached Files:

7. prime31

prime31

@hxx, you must first enable metering then you can get peak or average power by calling the appropriate method.

8. Tony_Luminaire

Tony_Luminaire

First of all, I'm glad to see you being so active in the community Prime, it really makes people feel good about buying your products.

My question is, is there a way to hide the banner view but have it stay loaded or loading out of view? When doing it through Objective C and Xcode, Apple suggests moving the banner out of view until you want it, instead of destroying and loading it every time you want it hidden/shown.

This is important to me, as the banner ad only shows at certain screens, and the screen may be bypassed fairly quickly, not giving the ad time to load if it's called at the same time as the screen.

9. prime31

prime31

@Tony, I am assuming you are referring to the iAd banner view. If so, you definitely do not want to just move it offscreen. Apple will fill the console log with gobs of warnings saying you have a banner view that is obscured. iAd has no mechanism to pause/resume ads so you have to destroy/create the banner. Some of the other ad venders do allow you so pause/resume though so they might be better suited for your particular case.

10. Tony_Luminaire

Tony_Luminaire

Thanks for the quick reply! Darn though, in that case their docs are somewhat misleading. Thanks for clearing this up. :)

11. dcp468

dcp468

Hi Prime

I'm having problems building an app (on the XCode side) to my iPhone that has the iAd plugin.

I've done the following:
    • I Imported the latest iAd package to an empty project without errors. The iAd package is "iAd_2011-06-23".
    • I build the Unity application and I get the successful message that it was installed.
    • I build and run the Unity application and Xcode throws 66 errors and it's complaining about the Info.plist CFBundleExecutable (see attached image).
    • I've tried deleting the XCode folder and rebuilding without success.

I'm using:
    • Unity 3.2.0f4
    • Unity is set to use SDK version (iOS 4.2) I've set my target version to 4.1 and/or 4.2
    • Xcode 3.2.5

The Unity project will build and run successfully if I remove the iAd plugin. FYI I've been away for 4 months so I'm not sure if I've missed any news about the iAd plugin. BTW I've successfully retried the Media Player and Etcetera Plugins.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

12. prime31

prime31

@dcp, that error is an odd one that doesn't seem to apply bit the iAd Plugin does require iOS 4.3 so try that and see if it clears the error.

13. JohnLeeroy

JohnLeeroy

Hey Prime31,

If buy one of your plugins(AdWhirl), can I use it across all of my projects or is there a limit?

14. prime31

prime31

@John, you can use it in every game you release for the rest of your life.

15. JohnLeeroy

JohnLeeroy

Thanks Prime31. Just bought it and I'm looking forward to saving hours of work trying to make a plugin.

16. JohnLeeroy

JohnLeeroy

Got a question about the the Adwhirl plugin. Is there a way i can stretch the ad for iPad devices?

17. prime31

prime31

@John, technically you have the source code so you can stretch the ad but I wouldn't be surprised if doing something like that would invalidate your contract with the ad vendors.

18. JohnLeeroy

JohnLeeroy

Thanks again for the sound advice.

19. JEzu

JEzu

Prime31 your NativeToolKit plugin is great, thanks!! Got it working in a few days, but there is a problem: everytime I display the keyboard the UIViewController starts flickering a few times per second, so for an instant I can see under it the "layer" of the Unity game.
    Any hint to solve it?

20. okimoki

okimoki

Bought ETCETERA, i needed the "rate this app" and "leave a comment" - mail composer - for the iPad app.. Before i bought it i was looking into few days of research and few days of trials and errors and another few days for actual implementation.. after buying the plugin i got it working flawlessly in 5 minutes!!! Thanks Prime31!!!

21. prime31

prime31

@Jezu, do you have a screenshot demonstrating? I have never seen anything like that occur.

@okimoki, glad to hear we saved you some valuable time!

22. JEzu

JEzu

It happens in a device and only for an instant, so I can't show it to you in a screenshot. The problem it's kind of the underlying original layer of Unity being drawn before the native ViewController when the keyboard is displayed, so for a frame every second (or half a second) I can see the image of the Unity game.

Any idea of why this could happen?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  23. JEzu

JEzu

I have recorded a video of the effect to show you some frames. The problem seems to happen when the cursor in the UIAlertView appears.

Here everythings is working well:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here you can see the flicking effect of what's is supposedly to stay behind the UIViewController

24. prime31

prime31

@JEzu, that is quite odd. Does your viewcontroller have an opaque view? The UIAlertView actually creates a new UIWindow behind the scenes so I am wondering if that has anything to do with it.

As a workaround you could stick a full screen, solid colored quad over the Unity view while the viewcontroller is showing. When returning back to your game you could fade it out for a nice, smooth transition.

25. JEzu

JEzu

I'll try your suggestions, thanks!

26. ForrestX

ForrestX

With unity 3.4.0f5 :

Assets/Editor/Prime31/P31MenuItem.cs(44,66): error CS1935: An implementation of `Where' query expression pattern could not be found. Are you missing `System.Linq' using directive or `System.Core.dll' assembly reference?

Assets/Editor/Prime31/P31MenuItem.cs(50,17): error CS1579: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type `object' because it does not contain a definition for `GetEnumerator' or is not accessible

ah ok just add the new Unity :)
    Code (csharp):
    3. #if ( UNITY_3_0 || UNITY_3_1 || UNITY_3_2 || UNITY_3_3 || UNITY_3_4 )
    4. using System.Linq;
    5. #endif

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  27. prime31

prime31

@forrestxy, just add UNITY_3_4 to the 2 #defines in the file (or remove them altogether as they aren't needed) and it will clear up the compiler error.

28. head77x

head77x

You means....need to modify target iOS 4.3? or need to use iOS 4.3 SDK???

29. JEzu

JEzu

I've tried your suggestions but they did not work.

The problem seems to be here, this is a C&P from the console when the UIAlertView comes up:

-> applicationDidResignActive()
    2011-07-29 14:22:42.003 3DNasalLITE[581:707] applicationWillResignActive

Somehow the app perhaps it is on the background so it behaves erratically? could be there the reason? any workaround to solve it?

30. andreasR

andreasR

I have the following problem under Unity3 3.4 on Lion in Xcode:

In Version 3.3 on Snow Leopard, it worked perfectly, I also tried deleting all iAd assets and reimported them.

Whats the solution?

31. prime31

prime31

@andreasR, it looks like either you are building for the simulator or the PostprocessbuildPlayer script didn't run. Can you post the Unity Editor log so I can better see what is going on?

32. andreasR

andreasR

Well, it could be the PostprocessbuildPlayer because in Snow Leopard under Xcode 3.2.6, the finder window indicates "iAd integrated successfully" but in Lion under Xcode 4.1 nothing of this sort happens.
    What changes should I make?

33. prime31

prime31

@andreasR, please post the Unity Editor log so I can better see what is going on...

34. jamesser

jamesser

Hi, I got the same problem as what you are facing. This is my error.

Code (csharp):
    1. Build Unity-iPhone of project Unity-iPhone with configuration Release
    3. Check dependencies
    5. [BWARN]warning: iPad only apps should not include an armv6 architecture (current ARCHS = "armv6 armv7").
    7. Undefined symbols for architecture armv6:
    8.   "__audioPlayerSetCurrentTime", referenced from:
    9.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    10.   "__audioPlayerGetPeakPower", referenced from:
    11.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    12.   "__audioPlayerIsPlaying", referenced from:
    13.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    14.   "__audioPlayerPause", referenced from:
    15.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    16.   "__audioRecorderPrepareToRecordFile", referenced from:
    17.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    18.   "__audioPlayerGetDuration", referenced from:
    19.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    20.   "__audioRecorderGetPeakPower", referenced from:
    21.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    22.   "__audioPlayerPrepareToPlayFileAtPath", referenced from:
    23.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    24.   "__audioRecorderIsRecording", referenced from:
    25.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    26.   "__audioRecorderStop", referenced from:
    27.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    28.   "__audioPlayerSetVolume", referenced from:
    29.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    30.   "__audioPlayerGetCurrentTime", referenced from:
    31.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    32.   "__audioRecorderPause", referenced from:
    33.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    34.   "__audioRecorderEnableMetering", referenced from:
    35.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    36.   "__audioRecorderGetAveragePower", referenced from:
    37.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    38.   "__audioRecorderGetFileUrl", referenced from:
    39.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    40.   "__audioRecorderRecordForDuration", referenced from:
    41.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    42.   "__audioPlayerPlay", referenced from:
    43.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    44.   "__audioPlayerSetNumberOfLoops", referenced from:
    45.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    46.   "__audioPlayerGetVolume", referenced from:
    47.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    48.   "__audioRecorderRecord", referenced from:
    49.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    50.   "__audioPlayerGetAveragePower", referenced from:
    51.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    52.   "__audioPlayerStop", referenced from:
    53.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    54.   "__audioPlayerEnableMetering", referenced from:
    55.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    56.   "__audioRecorderGetCurrentTime", referenced from:
    57.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    58.   "__audioPlayerPrepareToPlayFile", referenced from:
    59.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    60.   "__audioPlayerSetPan", referenced from:
    61.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    62. ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv6
    I've tried what you have done previously, but it doesn't seems to be working still. Please help. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  35. phoenixtxai

phoenixtxai

Hello Prime31, I got the same problem with @steva(Posted: 11:25 PM 01-21-2011 and below). I've tried to use the AR plugin and it shows fine when applied to a material, but when I used GetPixel () on my texture and it always reported RGBA(0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000) in every pixel. The code like this :

I use this code in MacOS and it can report such as RGBA(0.525, 0.000, 0.004, 0.016), but after built this code in Xcode and run in my iPhone4, it always return RGBA(0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000) with AR plugin still shows fine on my material. I'm totally sure that the texture2 in my code is readable/writable ( If it's not readable then there will be an error message on "texture2 = ARBinding.startCameraCapture( false, ARQuality.High );" line). So is it normal or am i missing something?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  36. prime31

prime31

@jamesser, it appears that the post process scripts did not run. Can you send an email to questions (at) prime31.com with the output of the Unity Editor log?

@phoenixtxai, for some reason GetPixels does not appear to work for me either. It seems that it could possibly be a bug with Unity.

37. Maxelcat

Maxelcat

@prime

Hi Prime,

I'm trying to get Flurry working on iPhone using the FlurryTestScene but the data isn't appearing on the Flurry site. There do appear to be some event logs making it through but even these are just names and all the other metics still read 0 and I cant understand why....

I also had the issue some other have reported of xcode failing due to missing the libFlurry.a library but adding this seems to have overcome this issue.....

38. prime31

prime31

@Max, the first batch of Flurry data often has odd delays. Usually after about 24 hours everything starts showing ip the the web portal.

39. okcompute

okcompute

@Prime

I have the same problem as Jamesser. I investigated a bit and it appears that you provide compiled python script without the source script. Under Mac OSX Lion, the python interpreter was updated to 2.7.1 (Snow Leopard was 2.6).1. I get a magic number error. Which in general is related to a wrong version of the interpreter being run. I could be wrong but it seems to be the problem.

Please provide us with a fix for Lion users!

Thx,

OkCompute

Update: I have found a temp fix: execute this line in terminal to reset python interpreter to 2.6 in Lion: defaults write com.apple.versioner.python Version 2.6

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  40. prime31

prime31

@Ok, I'll push out a fix in the morning.

41. okcompute

okcompute

I have found a solution. Just type this into the terminal to set default python interpret in Lion to 2.6:

defaults write com.apple.versioner.python Version 2.6

Everythings works fine now.

OkCompute

42. zancew

zancew

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  43. maglat

maglat

Hey Prime,

Just a short question. Do you already developing an iCloud Plugin?

Best Regards

44. prime31

prime31

@maglat, we will have an iCloud Plugin right after iOS 5 goes live.

45. yonek

yonek

After downloading a Unity project form Asset Server all of the "PostprocessBuildPlayer" files loose the type so they are Document instead of UNIX executable. Is there a way to fix it? I am unable to change "Open with..." property of the file to Terminal.

46. maglat

maglat

GREAT! Is it possible you release this before the iOS 5 goes live. We could make our games iCloud ready and so maybe get a feature from Apple.

47. prime31

prime31

@yonek, in Terminal navigate to the directory with the files and run the command:

chmod a+x Post*

@maglat, we have been getting some requests to release it early from a few folks so we may just end up doing it (part of it at least). The UserDefaults (PlayerPrefs) syncing will be all we release early if we do it because the document sync is proving to be tricky to make simple and useaable from Unity

48. merlinmimer

merlinmimer

Hey Prime31!
    Just wanted to throw out a suggestion for something you might want to add to your plugins.
    Here it is:
    Platform dependent compilation preprocessor directives!

I'm using both your android and iOS plugins in my game (since I am targeting both platforms), and when I try and run my game for the iPhone when I have your android plugin integrated, Unity gives me a bunch of errors.
    I'm going through and putting in those preprocessor directives in your plugin scripts, but I just thought I'd mention it to you, for maybe future patches.

Maybe there's other ways of getting around that problem I've been having, but that seems like the easiest way to me. If there is another way to get around that problem, let me know :).

49. prime31

prime31

@erik, with lots of cross platform apps coming we will definitely start wrapping everything in compiler preprocessor directives.

50. Jdaman

Jdaman

@Prime
    That would be great, we run into some issues having both plugins in a project as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.