Search Unity

Prevent moving rigidbody while standing on it

Discussion in '2D' started by holodok, May 27, 2015.

1. holodok

holodok

I'm developing a game where the hero can move blocks. The problem is that when hero is standing on the block, he can move it as well.
    The block has a rigidbody2d and collider2d attached to it. The hero also has a rigidbody2d and collider2d.
    The picture shows how the hero should be able to move the block and how he should NOT be able.

Thank you for any help.

Attached Files:

2. ColossalPaul

ColossalPaul

Unity Technologies

It seems that unlike the real world, there's no preservation of momentum in game physics i.e. no opposite reaction that would, in your case, neutralize the forward motion.

Therefore, I can only offer some sort of work around. (Like if the player is resting on something other than the block).

Perhaps, my colleagues who are expert in physics may suggest something more physically correct...

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I'm not a coder - but it seems the easiest way to set this up would be to only allow the character to push the blocks if he is grounded - or on the ground Y plane.

4. Gardes

Gardes

My solution would be: Make the block Kinematic, add a Trigger just there where he is allowed to move and move it via script

Attached Files:

Leo-Yaik and theANMATOR2b like this.
  5. holodok

holodok

Gardes likes this.