Search Unity

Presenting GCC Pro Beta – faster networking for your game

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by GameCloudContinental, Oct 9, 2014.

1. GameCloudContinental

GameCloudContinental

Dear All,
    Game Cloud Continental is happy to announce the beta version release of our cloud platform for multiplayer game networking - GCC Pro!

Game Cloud Continental is a company that has created a Unity3D based server for mobile and online games. We take advantage of the global demand for game development at competitive cost-to-launch and the growth potential in the gaming industry, thus we establish fast and easy to use Network Engine used by game developers to build scalable Massive Multiplayer Online Games, First Person Shooters or any other multiplayer games for PC, Mac, Browser, IOS, Android, Console and Cross-Platform.

What are our major features?

• Faster Networking
    Using our advanced technology we reduce the traffic to the player allowing large number of players to connect even on slow (mobile) networks without lagging.
    • Build for Unity
    Using our integrated into Unity Editor Tools we make it easy to develop your game networking.
    • No servers needed
    Your game runs in the Game Cloud. Scales incognito.
    • Secure
    Placing your game on our cloud service allows you to control the game logic and minimize the risk of cheating it.
    • Data and management
    Control your game versions and players’ data with our control panel. Use our cloud based database to store vital data for your game and players.
    • Affordable to use
    Use the free package during the development of your game and pay as your players’ number grows.
    • Cross Platform
    Our cloud works with all versions of Unity and on all platforms that are supported by Unity.
    • Custom Physics for server side collisions
    You can use any custom physics library written in C#.

Check us out: http://game-cloud.org/
    Create an account and download our SDK: https://cp.game-cloud.org/GameDev/
    Check out our documentation: http://game-cloud.org/docs.html

We are looking forward to you feedback on how we can make our product even better!

The GCC Team

2. Neoshiftr

Neoshiftr

What makes you better / different than other solutions, especially Photon Cloud that I should use your service instead of the others?

3. GameCloudContinental

GameCloudContinental

Hi ITGeist,

GCC Pro offers:
    authoritative cloud service (we host your game's logic and your database)
    server-side collision detection (by using custom physics)
    configurable ban machine (in future release)

And also anyone will be able to create server-side binary extensions. Our custom serialization approach is very suitable for mobile games played over slow networks.

If you need any more information contact us. We will be happy to answer your questions.
    The GCC Team

4. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

nice to see new networking alternatives,

yesterday was trying to get started but for some reason got overwhelmed and just put in aside,
    maybe was tired or maybe the docs were a little overwhelmed and not down to the point walk thru.
    most likely my eyes were tired.

ill try again tonight and see if better luck getting started quickly.

i think this can use a few video getting started tutorials imo, something down to the point kinda deal.

good day.

5. GameCloudContinental

GameCloudContinental

Hi 3D Omelette Studio,

Actually we are already working on video tutorials so they will be out soon. Until then our documentation is at your disposal. If you have any more questions feel free to contact us.

Happy coding,
    The GCC Team

6. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

thank you,

i downloaded the sdk, which contains the demo project and other stuff.

now i went to the online docs and this explains on how to get started with the sdk, altho it seems to be getting started from scratch , creating the new project then adding the plugins etc...

now, is there a walkthru on how to get started from the actual fully funcional working example of a GCC based game - which contains both the Unity3D project and GCC Local Game Server (former "Emulator")?

maybe i missed this guide from the online docs.

perhaps you can redirect me to the correct guide.

thanks in advanced.

7. GameCloudContinental

GameCloudContinental

Hi 3D Omelette Studio,
    there is actually a section in the documentation called Running the Emulator and the Demo Game that might help ypu and you can find it here: http://game-cloud.org/docs.html#wemulator
    Hope this would be useful

The GCC Team

8. BFGames

BFGames

Sounds nice, i will check it out!

9. BFGames

BFGames

Any limits to the amount of data/messages my games can use? Like Photon Cloud have a 500 msg/s limit.

10. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

thanks,

any chance for a Visual studio 2010 solution of the emulator?

i just hate to set new environment for vs2013 blah blah bah.... just for the emulator

so will be really grateful if you can provide a vs2010 solution for the emulator.

thanks in advanced

11. GameCloudContinental

GameCloudContinental

Hi BFGames,
    we have no hard limits on msgs/s. Our only limitation is CCU.

3D Omelette Studio, do you get any errors when opening the Emulator solution with VS2010?

12. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

yup, i do get error using vs2010
    i get "this project is incompatible with the current version of visual studio"

so it does not load anything

13. GameCloudContinental

GameCloudContinental

We'll investigate the issue and come back to you.

The GCC Team

14. BFGames

BFGames

That is nice to know. I will consider it when it matures a bit more :) Keep updating the thread!