Search Unity

Bug Prefab not saved due to OnWillSaveAssets callback

Discussion in 'Linux' started by aleithner, Aug 12, 2016.

1. aleithner

aleithner

Hey guys,

I experienced a bug in the Linux editor a couple of days ago. I created a cube, applied a texture to it and dragged it into the assets window to create a prefab. Instead of a preview of the cube or the blue prefab icon, a white icon (which looked basically like the blue prefab icon in white) appeared, a dialog opened (which asked me if I would like to save all listed assets, I clicked "Save All" and nothing changed) and the console window says "Prefab not saved due to OnWillSaveAssets callback." This problem happened the first time in Unity 5.4.0 and it still happens in Unity 5.4.0p1. I also found an issue at the issue tracker: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-prefabs-when-applying-any-changes-made-to-it and it says, it would be fixed in 5.3.5, but the description says, it was reproduced with 5.4.0b1. I think this refers to the Windows editor, in which the problem doesn't occurs for me. Is there anything, I did not right, or is this problem in the codebase? Btw: I've got all dependencies installed.

EDIT: I downgraded Unity to the version 5.4.0b16, which worked fine, but the dialog still appears. Unity saves the assets and the prefabs, but not the scenes. Any ideas on this strange behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
    aleithner

A screenshot with the appearance of the problem:
    unity-linux-problem.png

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  2. Tak

Tak

Can I get a copy of your project, so I can see what's happening when your OnWillSaveAssets is getting invoked?

3. aleithner

aleithner

It's basically an empty project with Standard Assets and this cube (with the scene). I can upload it tomorrow, I'm currently using Windows, where I have developed my project further than that.

4. DIP123

DIP123

I did get the same problem I don't know if you still dealing with it but what I did was go to Edit>preferences>general uncheck verify saving assets and it should work

Attached Files: