Search Unity

PowerUI - Powerful HTML/CSS UI Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by KulestarUK, Aug 16, 2013.

1. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Heya!

This one's actually already been fixed! :) It's in the main package which will be released in a few days once a few other things have been cleared up.

2. bjornrun

bjornrun

I would like to add support for scroll wheel. Do you have any suggestions how it should be done?

Then it would be possible to use an event handler like this:

element.addEventListener("mousewheel", MouseWheelHandler, false);

3. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Hello does PowerUI support tables> I'm trying to make a simple table but cant get it quite right in PowerUI

<table style=""width: 100%;"" border=""0"">
    <tr>
    <td style=""width:100px; height:60px;"" colspan=1 rowspan=2>LEFT</td>
    <td style=""width:200px; height:30px;"" colspan=1 rowspan=1>RIGHT TOP</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td style=""width:200px; height:30px;"" colspan=1 rowspan=1>RIGHT BOTTOM</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

This should produce a table with three cells like this
    -----------------------------------

But it doest look like that in PowerUI

the right cell ends up under the left cell, instead of next to it

Any help is appreciated
    thanks

4. bjornrun

bjornrun

Please add PowerUI.Css. before symbol BackgroundImage to handle name collision with Adventure Creator.

Element.cs:1803: Style.Computed.BGImage=newPowerUI.Css.BackgroundImage(this);
    CanvasContext.cs:397: computed.BGImage=newPowerUI.Css.BackgroundImage(element);
    video.cs:99: PowerUI.Css.BackgroundImageimage=Element.style.Computed.BGImage

5. Elecman

Elecman

If you want the new round radio button to have a round center as well, instead of the letter "x", then make this modification:

In input.cs (not Input.cs), change this line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Element.innerHTML="x";
    Into this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if(Type==InputType.Radio){
    3.     Element.innerHTML="<div style='background-color:#ffffff;border:1px solid #ffffff;border-radius:3px;width:6px;height:6px;' ></div>";
    4. }
    5. else{
    6.     Element.innerHTML="x";
    7. }
    Feature request: can this be build in?

6. bjornrun

bjornrun

Problem solved see below.

I have problems to get it to work in Web player. Images are not shown. Error log:

SecurityException: No read access to the texture data:
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixels32 (int)
    at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.AtlasLocation.Flush () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.AtlasLocation.Select (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture, Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.TextureAtlas.Add (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture, Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.TextureAtlas.Add (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.DynamicMesh.AddTexture (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.UIBatch.AddTexture (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.Css.DisplayableProperty.AddTexture (UnityEngine.Texture2D image) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.Css.BackgroundImage.Layout () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.Css.DisplayableProperty.Render () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.Css.ComputedStyle.Render () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.Element.PositionGlobally (PowerUI.Css.ComputedStyle relativeTo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.Element.PositionGlobally (PowerUI.Css.ComputedStyle relativeTo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.Renderman.Layout () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.Renderman.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UI.InternalUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerUI.StandardUpdater.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Site with linked images got crossdomain.xml in /
    <cross-domain-policy>
    <allow-access-from domain="*"/>
    </cross-domain-policy>

What is the problem?

I found it out. It was a cross-domain violation because image links went to http but unity3d file was on same domain but using https.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  7. burzum793

burzum793

tableissue.png Click the thumbnail for a bigger image.

Is there a problem with tables and padding? The left columns shift up when I use padding on the tr element.

Code (csharp):
    2. <style type='text/css'>
    3. body{
    4.     overflow-y:auto;
    5.     text-clip:clip;
    6.     padding: 20px;
    7. }
    8. h1 {
    9.     text-align: center;
    10. }
    11. .left {
    12.     text-align: left;
    13. }
    14. .right {
    15.     text-align: right;
    16. }
    17. tr {
    18.     border-bottom: 1px solid red;
    19. }
    20. td {
    21.     padding: 5px;
    22. }
    23. </style>
    25. <div id="teams">
    26.     <h1>Teams</h1>
    27.     <table class="table">
    28.         <tr>
    29.             <td class="left">
    30.                 Team Red
    31.             </td>        
    32.             <td width="20">&nbsp;</td>
    33.             <td class="right">
    34.                 Team Blue
    35.             </td>
    36.         </tr>
    37.         <tr>
    38.             <td class="left">
    39.                 1111
    40.             </td>        
    41.             <td width="20"></td>
    42.             <td class="right">
    43.                 2222
    44.             </td>
    45.         </tr>
    46.     </table>
    47. </div>

8. Callski

Callski

I just found out about this. This plugin looks incredible!

KulestarUK likes this.
  9. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey everybody! Just so you know the above table issue was fixed a while ago but Unity has for some reason taken over 2 weeks to update the package on the asset store, and still waiting :(. If you need the fixed version please just get in touch over at the PowerUI site and we'll be happy to send it over!

10. Sytto

Sytto

Hello, I'm trying to access the computed font size of an input, but the ".computedStyle.Text" property always return null, I tried with the children too and they all return null. What I'm doing wrong? I don't want to grab it from .style.fontSize as afaik it could return different size formats (such as 1.5e.m) and I want just the font size in pixels. Thanks!

11. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hiya!

Sorry for the delay! It seems Unities forum notifications are completely random; all of our other support channels are lots more reliable for a fast response :)

As for your question, it's a new one! The .Text object is only available on elements that are actual text (any WordElement) so to get down to those you go down through the DOM as far as you can go until you hit a word. That wouldn't be completely reliable though as you may want to grab the font size without actual text being around, so a better way would be through raw access on the computed style which would be done like this:

Code (csharp):
    2. Css.Value computedTextSize=element.style.Computed["font-size"];
    4. // ComputedTextSize.PX is the value :)

12. Sytto

Sytto

Thank you :)

13. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hello everybody!

Just to give you some of our latest news, SDF text is coming to PowerUI in the biggest update yet!

The update, known as InfiniText, has been a work in progress for many months now. PowerUI will be the only asset able to provide you with the actual glyph vectors and deal with ligatures, plus it will be able to render text shadows, outlines and more! Infinitext also brings a performance boost, plus the update also comes with a host of other changes like normal so we're really exited to see what you all think. We'll also be finally updating the free demo package so it will be right up to date with InfiniText under the hood too.

For more info on InfiniText itself, check out the dedicated page here.

Love to you all!
    Kulestar

twobob likes this.
  14. Elecman

Elecman

Can InfiniText be used as a pseudo vector graphics engine as well? It would be cool if I can load an SVG and make it think it is a character.

15. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Yes it can, so long as your vector contours don't self-intersect. Canvas and InfiniText's rasterisers are unified (they use similar API's too) so you can either directly use InfiniText or draw to a canvas and use the fill method which will also be coming at the same time.

16. dsbadal

dsbadal

I'm looking into this asset, and was wondering if PowerUI 2 will become a separate asset, or if I buy this asset now, it will continue to be updated through the lifecycle of PowerUI 2.

17. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hi!

PowerUI will always be just a single asset with free updates - we have no intention to separate PowerUI 2 or any future major versions into their own asset and we never will :) Please do let me know if there's ever anything I/ we can help with!

18. Nik0s

Nik0s

Hi,

is it fairly easy to combine PowerUI within a 3d ngui UIPanel?

19. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hi Nik0s!

Yes it is - this is most often done with WorldUI's which you just parent via script; e.g. worldUI.transform.parent=..; - there's a WorldUI example scene included with PowerUI which gives a good overview of them :)

20. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

A little update on InfiniText

We're getting absolutely flooded with emails about InfiniText, so if you don't know what it is or why it's so exciting, here's some information about what it can do!

InfiniText is completely changing the way text in games works. We've eliminated all the awkward processes that other frameworks have and turned it into something that literally just works with far more power than ever before. Unity, meet dynamic SDF rendering, turbo charged with all-new algorithms that perform faster than anything else. Apply it to almost anything, too - the renderer is wide open for you to play with as much as you want. InfiniText is an incredibly exciting advancement for PowerUI, and it's surrounded by a whole host of other new features too. The dedicated page for InfiniText has been updated with some more information if you're interested to see what it's really all about!

InfiniText is now just a few days away from going live for the first time. We simply can't wait to show it to you!

Please note: PowerUI's price will be increasing quite steeply, but updates will always be free. Get it super cheap whilst you still can!

21. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey everybody!

After lots of field testing, InfiniText has pushed PowerUI far beyond our original goals. Far, far beyond. It simply rocks! There's one known glitch with synthetic bold which is currently preventing us from getting 1.9 onto the store. In the meantime though, multiple PowerUI 2 features have ended up being pulled forward - check out this:

Actually 3D text and none of that 2D-in-3D funny business

3D text will be available in PowerUI 1.9 as an experimental preview, and it's just a small glimpse into the multitude of exciting new stuff on the way!

As always we're committed to bringing you awesome power without breaking the bank (we broke ours instead hehe, whoops :) ), and we'll continue to make PowerUI the most innovative, performant and feature rich package out there.

bjornrun likes this.
  22. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

A common question by email over the last few hours has been people wondering what makes the above 3D text an "experimental preview" - this is because we'll be releasing InfiniText as soon as we possibly can, which is when the synthetic bold problem gets resolved. So, this currently incomplete pulled forward feature may remain that way for a few revisions at least. It got pulled forward at all as it coincidentally is helping us visualise the synthetic bold problem. In short, priorities :)

23. twobob

twobob

I also mailed on your support forum and hung around looking for someone to chat to, but it was not a great time to get you probably.

You also probably know but your current demo text looks awful on Unity4.6, (odd, wobbly, hard to read text, weird single pixel border) - EDIT: They know, an updated one is in the pipelines :)

Please can someone just confirm that when I buy this I am going to be getting the latest codebase (as in the one mentioned above)

Whilst it may not seem like much the price of this pack is a significant part of the rest of my years budget so I need to ensure it will meet our needs.

Thanks, Eagerly awaiting reply.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  24. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey!

Yes, you would not be getting the demo code.

HTML comments have moved down to the parser level, so their now better supported than they were back then too (you likely wouldn't get that error anymore). HTML Conditionals are ignored though - i.e. their just treated as comments - nobody uses them with PowerUI because it's like targeting one browser, so they'd either always be true or always false. We're very serious about performance and bloat reduction, so we tend to pick functionality based on what gets used. But having said that, PowerUI's modern coverage is very extensive anyway.

I just dropped a reply to your question over on the PowerUI forum, but here it is just in case anybody else was wondering:

Yes that demo is extremely old now and it no longer represents what PowerUI does or looks like. We're also a very small company, but with large projects and a large user base, so we simply haven't had time to update the demo yet - we prioritise making the product better over what is basically advertising (the demo). PowerUI's renderer has been rebuilt almost entirely 3 times since that demo was released so features, coverage and general appearance have all changed.

http://powerui.kulestar.com/releases shows all the listed changes since the demo which was made during version 1.5. The demo is now just over a year old.

twobob likes this.
  25. twobob

twobob

Okay - that's excellent.

I will PM you immediately.

26. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey Everybody - Awesome big news!

PowerUI 1.9 with Infinitext, aka "PowerUI Spark Flare", is now available to PowerUI Pro users over on the SVN!

It took a lot longer than we had ever imagined, but we can assure you that it was worth the wait. It's the biggest update we've ever made, and due to the delay, PowerUI 2 will be very hot on it's heels too. Spanning hundreds of files and thousands of changes, PowerUI 1.9 introduces 3 new major modules bringing the total up to a crazy 8 in the one package. That's like eight packages in one. This is an update you really won't want to miss!

To find out more, take a look at the general overview here - it's highly recommended that you read this!:

http://powerui.kulestar.com/infini-upgrade

PowerUI 1.9 will shortly be making it's way to everybody else. There is one known (and noticeable) issue which will be resolved today, resulting in a full release to both the mailing list and the Unity Asset store as soon as possible.

It's been an absolute pleasure working on Infinitext especially for the last 8 months or so, taking in loads of feedback about how it should work and ensuring we take the best routes for top performance. It's now packed with awesome potential, so we really can't wait to see what you get up to with it!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    twobob likes this.
  27. twobob

twobob

Holy crap. How did I waste my day not testing this.

Uber

28. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey everybody,

Kulestar really needs your support right now. The past few months have been a really bumpy ride after having come extremely close to running out of money - I thought this was caused by investing a lot into PowerUI 2, but the real cause was something else that we just recently discovered. We knew it was coming sooner or later, but the results are painful.

For the last few months, PowerUI's piracy rate has shot up and is now at a staggering 85%. That's nearly 1 person in 10 actually paying for it. It's completely unsustainable, and that's heartbreaking. :/.

I'm Luke, and for the last 3 years I've been proud to be working on PowerUI. As many of you guys know, I happily answer support queries around the clock (it's 6am here at the moment and I've not slept yet :) ), and I genuinely love doing it. You're all such interesting and incredible people that it's an absolute pleasure to do so, plus the actual project has been completely wonderful to work on. What many of you don't know, however, is I'm the only full time member of Kulestar and I work from home. PowerUI's price is set at it's break even point simply because it's turned out to be incredibly useful for a wide range of people, and I just can't bring myself to raise the financial barrier. Currently all the money PowerUI earns (and more!) goes straight back into developing it. Not many developers are so devoted to a project that their willing to do this, and I'm now being pushed away by piracy. In some cases pirates are even profiting from my 16+ hour days, 7 days a week. (Happy New Year's Eve!).

I'd just like to make it clear that PowerUI isn't going anywhere - far from it! PowerUI is more alive than ever. I'd also like to make it clear that I have no intention of going after anybody or doing any kind of name calling - I just can't afford to do so. I completely understand the mindset of downloading software and that's why PowerUI is awesome value anyway, but something is not quite working here.

All I'm now asking is that if you're one of the many who has obtained PowerUI for free, please, help and contribute something. Anything. Even just a few dollars/ pounds/ yen/ euros will be incredibly well received. Feel free to remain completely anonymous too with Bitcoin (1NxwgftDSpsrrizX79WRf4icNgaSeGKaVY), and my Paypal address is bablakeluke@hotmail.com. Alternatively, please help out by providing some insight:

- Is PowerUI too expensive?

- How can we make it more obvious that we are behind you? http://powerui.kulestar.com/licenses shows just a few of the options. There's been many cases where we've just given PowerUI away for free simply because somebody was honest about their situation and got in touch. We would much rather give it to you than have it taken from us.

- Would it help if PowerUI had a really cheap version, e.g. with less HTML tags/ CSS properties, with bits and pieces as paid extensions? Would this be too confusing?

- What about if older versions were made available for free? (I'm personally a little concerned that this really doesn't show PowerUI as it's best at all)

- Suggestions..?

Feel free to post here or send over emails to hello@kulestar.com. We will not be judging/ downgrading/ whatever anybody at all - we would just like to work together to make this more sustainable. Please, help keep PowerUI alive in the long term. Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    bjornrun likes this.
  29. Elecman

Elecman

Hi Luke,

Sorry to hear that. I order to help you, I will upgrade to the Pro version. I send you an email.

Happy new year!

30. twobob

twobob

No, It's not too expensive. In fact that kind of thinking needs to be carefully considered. it might not apply at all..

Whilst it is not possible for you to check that people actually have a correct license during runtime, it is entirely possible to segment parts of the offering away - and only give those out after checking people veracity via some kind of third party license check. Many of the authors on here do it. I would suggest that if they have a moment you could talk to http://www.opsive.com/about.php about their experiences and what they feel have been the most effective tools to balance out piracy. (I know they have dealt with it before in these contexts)

I can tell you , as a musician, that you haven't made it if you can't find your stuff in the first page of google results for "Your album name + RUSSIA DOWNLOAD"

(Does just that to double check)
    House For People Megapack vol 1 (Exclusive) - Музыка ...
    www.xx.xx/10769334
    14 Nov 2011 - Quality: 320 kbps mp3 download ...... Camilo Dos Santos - Russian Wonderland (Original Mix) [Kraf... .mp3 · играть, 13,457,812 ... Chiwaloco - Santiago Electro (Original Mix) [System Recordi... .mp3 · играть, 24,678,272 ...... Twobob, Special Kay - Sympathy (TwoBobs Plain Mix) [BRM Ele... .mp3 · играть ...​

"What a surprise, I am on a new compilation...." ;)

The facts are the facts Luke, if you are doing ANYTHING "for the money" eventually you will get pissed off with other people trying to take that money from you. Such is the nature of the acquisition of wealth; some other person is usually twice as willing as you are to do something twice as devious as you would even conscience doing. For money.
    And if those other people can do it without work? or even better from your work? it's gonna happen. forever.

Your product is the hot shizzle right now. On the verge of being awesomesauce.
    Why not approach unity direct and ask about putting the product into one of the "Hot Sales" when it ready for the bigtime. See if you can just saturate the market. I honestly do not have a solution for the billion dollar piracy industry.
    I do however know the advantage of thinking "meh, screw them, I enjoy doing this anyways"

It will keep you sane.

Respect from us here.

31. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey thanks so much for the feedback! I totally agree with absolutely everything there, especially the point about having made it when your shows up in the pirate communities haha - it surely means somebody must be liking what we're doing :p. I've never been someone to do something for the money as I believe so much that something made with a little love goes a long way, plus the range of places that people have been using PowerUI in shows how amazingly diverse the Unity community is and I love every minute of being a part of it. The sad thing is if it keep going this way then I won't be able to do the things I love anymore (although I can't ever see it getting that far!).

The thing about those Unity sales is you really, really don't want to be on the wrong side of them! Last time Unity did a big sale, nobody bought PowerUI for 2 straight weeks, and after having sent out a lot of emails to Unity about it/ requesting to be included in the sales multiple times, I got no responses at all. Unity are unfortunately pretty awkward when it comes to the store, and PowerUI is frequently a top 3 "most grossing" asset in the category, so you would have thought they'd give at least a little attention to the people who make it. Plus PowerUI is currently below cost price anyway, so actually supporting the extra people would in the end come to an overall loss which would be a little counter productive. I think probably the safest way forward is to hugely bump up the price, closer to what it's actually worth when compared with other packages, and then endlessly bug Unity until it finally gets included in a sale so PowerUI doesn't shut out the Indie devs that we all care about so much.

32. twobob

twobob

Your final point is the main one.

Disincentive.

Much like the xna game dev market before it there will be winners and losers, people who pour their heart, time and soul into making the most magnificent, absolutely clean and pure, product the platform has ever seen, and they make nothing.

And then someone will make "Dumbass Ducks" which is absolutely addictive and can't even manage to save your level progress in a coherent manner, and they will make a fortune.

If you measure success in dollars and cents the world will never seem a fair place for devs, Indie or otherwise.
    The problem is not limited to the store, it is endemic in the consumer condition and the mechanisms under which that condition operates.

All that said. We think you have a fantastic product and have evangelised it too all that will listen. You can't buy that.
    There is no "solution" to the elephant in the room. But we can ignore it.

Peace to you and yours at this festive time.

pīrāti non carborundum mate. pīrāti non carborundum.

33. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey Everyone!

To address the piracy issue mentioned above, we'll be largely restructuring how PowerUI is made available.

Firstly, PowerUI will shortly be removed from the Asset Store. It's not going anywhere though! If you would like to continue receiving updates, you'll need to sign up to our website with your Unity invoice number shortly unless you're already on our existing mailing list.

The Unity Asset Store gives us no information and has long artificial delays which collectively mean we have very little control over our own code. So, we'll be shuffling things around a bit:

- All PowerUI licenses will be available over on the PowerUI site for you to easily get them directly from us.
    - We'll be releasing a free version of PowerUI too!
    - Updates will still be available for free to everybody as soon as we release them.
    - PowerUI will also be available to a much wider range of Unity Editor versions and to anyone who can't use the Asset Store.
    - PowerUI itself will not be gaining any awkward DRM. We're devoted to always keeping the same source freedom.

With PowerUI 2 right on the horizon, these are exciting times! We can't wait to show you what's been going on, and with these changes we'll have more time to keep on adding amazing new features. Happy 2015 to you all!

34. twobob

twobob

" Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred"

And other laterally related light-heartening quips.

Yup, that's pretty much the choice, suck up the pain that the market brings you or make your own market.
    Respect for manning up to option two.

KulestarUK likes this.
  35. Elecman

Elecman

1+ for not putting up with crap.

KulestarUK and twobob like this.
  36. bjornrun

bjornrun

There is an UnityEngine.RenderMode.WorldSpace but there is also a public enum RenderMode in PowerUI/Source/Engine/RenderMode.cs that do not contain WorldSpace which collides with other scripts. Please put it in a namespace.

37. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey! That's been done and is now available on the SVN, thanks for bringing it up :)

38. Kinnunen

Kinnunen

About price it is starting to be too expensive if 150$, considering the alternatives. it's 15$/month for CoherentUI, I though PowerUI was best solution when looking at 50$ tag, but now that I see pro for 150$, I am not sure what way to go, it all feels very expensive for indie developer.

It would be nice having a cheaper solution, while developing and then something to buy once we release titles, since noone has money before anything is released.

39. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey!

(I've sent you an email but this is just for anybody else wondering the same thing)

PowerUI 1.9, the latest, see http://powerui.kulestar.com/1.9 for the full details, supports 4.6 and from what I have heard from our users it also works on Unity 5. We don't officially support U5 yet. PowerUI and PowerUI Pro are the exact same functionality (it's nothing to do with Unity vs Unity Pro) - the difference is:

- PowerUI Pro has SVN access. This means you get direct access to the latest functionality and much more frequent updates.
    - PowerUI Pro has priority support.

Because PowerUI Pro is an SVN thing, we can't put it on the Asset Store - we need to be able to give out SVN login details when somebody joins Pro. In short though if you don't want/ need SVN access, the normal PowerUI package is ideal - we've been keeping the price artificially low to make it as indie friendly as possible, although this will be changing soon :)

40. twobob

twobob

buoyancy-my-character.JPG
    Suimono 2.0 water
    Better Skybox 1.0
    PowerUI 2.0
    Unity 5.0

41. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey Everybody!

The My PowerUI page is now up and running! It has a whole bunch of versions of PowerUI available for download, including 1.9, and will also be gaining a range of useful extra addons. Some of these addons were and still are secret internal projects - you'll have to go to the page to see what they are ;) Better yet, it's all included free with every existing PowerUI license! Wohoo!

If anybody has any issues with the page or anything else, please do let us know!

With love,
    Kulestar x

42. twobob

twobob

Your PowerUI
    Logged in as xxxxx Logout

Here, you can download a range of versions of PowerUI plus lots of useful standalone libraries as well.

Oh no!

Your library is empty :

Any chance of a slight upgrade? Looking on the list I see that my purchased license type appears to have transmuted into the ether...

43. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Heya! You've got to put your Unity Asset Store invoice number in the box just below that to fill it up :) Any PowerUI Pro (now known as PowerUI VIP) users/ anybody who got a package straight from us will get their account updated shortly.

44. twobob

twobob

Ah. I'm camp 2. fair enough :) nice work

45. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

PowerUI Labs - WebM/ VP8 Video Playback in PowerUI
    (Video for Unity Free and on all platforms too!)

Hey everybody!
    We've been having a little fun with video codecs and as an experimental project we're currently getting WebM, the format widely used by Youtube too, supported by PowerUI. Assuming anybody other than us actually wants this, it will be available as a free extension over in My PowerUI (along with some other extensions), so do make sure you get your account setup on there!

- Playback Youtube videos without transcoding right on your UI/ in your gameworld
    (Webplayer users: Unity's crossdomain policy still applies)
    - Royalty free format
    - Video on Unity Free
    - Video on all platforms
    - Video seeking/ "scrubbing"
    - Free extension to avoid bloat

If you're interested in this please do show your support :) (Or if you think we should dump it and work on a different video codec, please tell us too! In the current video codec wars it's hard to "pick a horse", but as almost every Youtube video is available as WebM and it's free to license, we felt it was the safest bet!)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    DerrickBarra, bjornrun and twobob like this.
  46. PolCPP

PolCPP

Oh wow awesome some interesting extra libs ^_^, i just checked the thread because i bought it and never got to use it (project i wanted it for continued being under ngui, not much i could do). Anywho i think that what may be turning down your sales is probably the examples page saying the release is old. People could think it's dead or something.

Gotta give it a spin this weekend to ready up some concept/tech demos

Edit: You should warn people on the asset store product its going away from it or at least linking to the thread, so people know its just disapearing from the asset store (not sure if against TOS tho)

47. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey PolCPP!

I hope you find them useful! :) Thanks a lot for that feedback - I completely agree! PowerUI has currently got hit by a double whammy; we spent lots of time developing the latest version which is now almost unrecognizable compared to the demo/ examples, thus those messages, and it saw a big spike in piracy too so we didn't want to put the new version on the Asset Store because that's what could actually kill it! Right now though PowerUI is more active than ever with lots of awesome features in the pipeline - because of this fairly fast progression, we've been a bit reluctant to actually update the demo/ examples on the website just yet. After the next batch of changes I think it's certainly time to give them an update.

As always please do let us know if there's ever anything we can help out with!

twobob likes this.
  48. lix2k3

lix2k3

I purchased the asset, and I'm trying to build some of the examples and some hello world code to test performance on Windows Phone 8. I'm getting the error: "The type or namespace name Nitrocode could not be found." It's preventing me from building. Please help.

I have the latest unity build and PowerUI 1.9.118, the most recent update. I cannot perform any builds with the error.

49. twobob

twobob

hmm. I had that.
    You need the svn fix I believe. Something about a fubar partial inclusion? I forget.

Anyways. mail them on their forum. There was a fix, and its just that one demo I believe. (Or you elide a demo folder or something)

50. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

That svn fix is in the 1.9.118 package so it's not that unfortunately; I made some changes to the file:// protocol which is presumably where the error messages are coming from - I'll fire up W8 and give it a run through here and see what's what - expect an updated package later today as it's almost always simple fixes; I'll drop a message when it's available :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    twobob likes this.