Search Unity

Posting to FaceBook wall automatically:

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by All_American, Apr 3, 2014.

1. All_American

All_American

I would like to make a post to the players facebook wall automatically when they hit certain parts of the game.

I have this code and it works...but it brings up the dialog for the player to make a message and then has to post it themselves.

How can I make it so the game just does it in the background with no player involvement.

Code (csharp):
    1. void postButtonClick()
    2.     {
    3.         if (isLogged)
    4.         {
    5.             if (PostScoreAutoEnabled == true)
    6.             {
    7.                 Deck.playerExp = Deck.playerExp + 5;
    8.                 FB.Feed(
    9.                 linkCaption: "I just Made Level " + Deck.playerLevel.ToString() + " with $" + Deck.PlayersScore.ToString("#,###") + ".00, Can you beat it?",
    10.                 picture: "gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg",
    11.                 linkName: "ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg",
    12.                 link: "ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg");
    13.             }
    14.         }
    15.     }

2. All_American

All_American

I've searched everywhere trying to get this done and haven't found a single thing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

3. KelsoMRK

KelsoMRK

Probably a limitation in the FaceBook API.

As a side note - I'd immediately uninstall your game if it posted to my FaceBook wall without asking me :)

4. chelnok

chelnok

Facebook wont let that kind of things happen.. all the walls would be full of sh*t after a while.. well, wouldnt change a lot after all..

5. All_American

All_American

Kelso...yeah I didn't mean that, sorry..I had my head up my ares for a second.

I mean with that feed request, stop it from popping up for the player to type something but just have a message auto-filled and a dialog for the player to allow or disallow the post to the wall.