Search Unity

Post FX Studio v2.0 [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by echologin, Jan 2, 2014.

1. bfowle

bfowle

2. echologin

echologin

There is no true dithering effect option in right now, ( would be easy to add, ill put that on my todo list )

But there are a few ways you could get a similar effect, by using masks or overlay textures using various blend modes.

-Scott

3. bfowle

bfowle

Gotcha, thanks!
    What I would like to achieve would likely be a full-screen dither. Having pixels be "alive" as things happen in sprite animations and such.

For example: $glow_ex4.gif

You will notice some of the pixels jump around as the glow animation in the mask changes (slowed down for effect).

4. echologin

echologin

That seems possible

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I heard scott has big plans for post fx studio in Unity 5 too! great stuff.

6. echologin

echologin

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  7. kilik128

kilik128

< this video ? look not serious !
    ok i have buy and so i need evry link you can help for learn how build
    in this one https://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/ShaderTut2.html
    if i understand good #pragma vertex vert is only acces by shader possible to do by cam ?

2 . i have add custom build copy inverse for testing
    _ioRGB.xyz = lerp ( _ioRGB.xyz, ( fixed3(1,1,1) - _ioRGB.xyz), _echoInverseFade );
    and nothing happen i miss somethink's

hue and sharpen request first :)

8. echologin

echologin

There is no uniform called _echoInverseFade that should be just _Fade in the custom code.

If you want to inverse the _Fade just: _ioRGB.xyz = lerp ( ( fixed3(1,1,1) - _ioRGB.xyz, _ioRGB.xyz ), _Fade )

Hue and Sharpen will be in a future update ( still trying to wrap up 1.1 )
    ( tho u can tint color now using multiply or color correct options )

-Scott

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  9. echologin

echologin

Just found out having mip-mapping on textures when using post fx studio can cause a slowdown on some platforms so make sure in the textures advanced settings mip-mapping is disabled.

10. Alf203

Alf203

Hi,

Just to make sure I understand, do you mean "all" textures in the project must have mipmap off or only those used by Post FX Studio to create the effect (e.g. texture overlay effect...) ?

Thanks !

11. dimitroff

dimitroff

Hi guys,
    What is the best way to fade in/fade out an effect with code? I want to trigger some effects with NGUI events.

EDIT:

Figured it out, to access the fade options of the first shader:

Code (csharp):
    2. EchoPFXManager manager = GetComponent<EchoPFXManager>();
    3. manager.ergList[0].epeList[0].passOpt1[0].faceCur = 0.5; // first render group, first effect, pass 0
    K.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  12. echologin

echologin

Sorry for delay took a few days off

Just ones used in postfx

13. echologin

echologin

Im going to add a callback routine where u can process all your own stuff.

Do you have Skype i could show you easier more stable ways of accessing the data.

or even add methods to access it

-Scott

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  14. echologin

echologin

Looking for anyone with a windows 8 mobile device to test on and unity pro

Skype "echoLogin" or PM me .

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  15. echologin

echologin

Well i think this update is just going to be v2.0. It really is way more than 200% what v1.0 is.

Sorry its taking so long but i had so many people testing it. and that led to so many cool ideas,fixes and optimizations.

Almost there

16. KevinJohnson25

KevinJohnson25

Hello,

Any news to share? The next update seems like it will be really great so I'm excited to know how things are coming along.

Thanks!

17. sevensails

sevensails

With this plugin will I be able to add a shockwave to a region of my screen?

Or a effect similar to the Fishdom 3 when I click on the aquarium and there is a shock effect?

18. echologin

echologin

getting close its such a HUGE update after all this time im just making sure its perfect and bug free.

if u want latest beta just PM invoice # or add echoLogin to skype.

19. echologin

echologin

yes u can add shockwave anywhere on screen ... also u can add other effects at same time with it ..
    If you buy it pm me your invoice or add me to skype "echoLogin" and i will send latest beta it has a lot more distortion options..

20. echologin

echologin

FYI: Just fixed all the 4.5 sterilizations warnings

21. Bravo_cr

Bravo_cr

Hi Echologin,

I was trying to use Color Correct and I get the following shader error:

"Shader error in 'echoLogin/PFX/echologin_postfx_group0_pass2': undefined variable "_ColorCorrectTex" unable to find compatible overloaded function "tex2D(error, half2)" undefined variable "_ColorCorrectTex" unable to find compatible overloaded function "tex2D(error, half2)" undefined variable "_ColorCorrectTex" unable to find compatible overloaded function "tex2D(error, half2)" at line 356"

Adding sampler2D _ColorCorrectText doesn't solves the error, but it shows everything gray. Could you you help me? Also, could you explain how the ColorCorrect text must be done (a ramp?)

Many thanks

22. Toad

Toad

Is there any update on v2.0?

23. echologin

echologin

Is this with a beta or the asset store version ?

24. echologin

echologin

Submitting 2.0 2maro night

25. Bravo_cr

Bravo_cr

Its the 1.0.1 that is currently on the store

26. echologin

echologin

Yes .. sorry this is such a huge update ( always takes longer then i think ).. if you buy it i can send you v2.0

Just polishing up docs and videos now ...

BTW: the price is going to go up once 2.0 his the store

27. echologin

echologin

About to submit 2.0 the price will be going up to $80.00 USD
    Last chance to get it at the reduced price of $50.00 usd

Here are the 2.0 sample projects included

Poisoned Effect
    http://www.echologin.com/postfxDemos/Poisoned/Poisoned.html

OldFilm Effect
    http://www.echologin.com/postfxDemos/OldFilm/OldFilm.html

Emp Effect
    http://www.echologin.com/postfxDemos/Emp/Emp.html

Flash Bang Effect
    http://www.echologin.com/postfxDemos/FlashBang/FlashBang.html

Low Radiation Fog Effect
    http://www.echologin.com/postfxDemos/LowRadiatedFog/LowRadiatedFog.html

Mobile Bloom Effect ( 2 pass bloom, you can also do a 1 pass which is faster )
    http://www.echologin.com/postfxDemos/MobileBloom/MobileBloom.html

Retro Pixel CRT Effect ( also uses posterize, scanlines and rgb channel offset )
    http://www.echologin.com/postfxDemos/RetroPixel/RetroPixel.html

Updated Space Demo ( scanlines, thermal, distortions, night vision, texture overlays )
    http://www.echologin.com/postfxDemos/SpaceDemo/SpaceDemo.html

v2.0 Readme
    http://www.echologin.com/postfxDemos/_PostFXStudioReadMe.pdf

Remember this is not a fixed set of effects it is an effect maker you can combine options to make an unlimited variety of post image effects. and when using Unity Pro there is no faster solution available.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  28. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Awesome set of demos there, well worth the look. Speedwise runs 60fps on my own mobiles, sure but works just as well for desktop games which struggle. If anyone's curious nows the time before it goes up. Been testing this since day 1, and it's only improved since.

Kinda different approach, like stacking components, except it combines it into one pass for speed... I like it a lot.

echologin likes this.
  29. helios

helios

Going to agree with hippocoder - been using this forever and it's unreal how fast and efficient it is. 60 FPS on my mobile devices as well. If you need any sort of effect going on screen, you HAVE to get this. The new version is a vast improvement over 1.0 (things are more clear, performance gains, etc). Scott (echoLogin) is a good guy and I just want to help get the word out.

echologin likes this.
  30. echologin

echologin

Where u the one who recently added me to skype ? if not PM me your invoice # and ill send u 2.0

31. echologin

echologin

Any orders that come in on june 30th, PM me your invoice # and i will send you my other asset the CORE Framework for free.

**Deal OVER**

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  32. echologin

echologin

Thanks to the people who purchased POST FX Studio today . check your PM's i sent latest CORE and v2.0 of POSTFX Studio.

33. jcsl

jcsl

Awesome deal, just got the lastest version of Post FX and I got the link to download CORE too!! Very happy!! :D

Thanks, Scott!

34. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

Scott just sent me the latest Post FX and CORE versions as well. Great deal!

35. echologin

echologin

Anytime !

36. livio3d

livio3d

hi , echologin,
    i buy your echofxmanager and core plugin time ago, i'm very happy , but with last unity udpate i see lots of this errors :
    Serialization depth limit exceeded at '::EchoPFXOption'. There may be an object composition cycle in one or more of your serialized classes.

Is this issue resolved whit the 2.0 update?

Second Thing, i will to made a old crt-Arcade FX on mobile like the ones on mame32 glsl (scanlines + distortion+ cromatic abberations)

is possible to do with you plugin?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  37. echologin

echologin

yes 2.0 adds the RGB separation (chromatic aberration ) and fixes all those 4.5 serializations errors .. PM me your invoice # and i will send you v2.0 ( or add me to Skype "echoLogin" )

what kinda distortion are you looking for ? i added many more types of distortion in 2.0 ( bulge, pinch, fisheye, ripple )

38. echologin

echologin

v2.0 video

finally going to submit

39. gecko

gecko

I finally purchased this, mainly just for grayscale on mobile. Unity's grayscale effect uses 2-4ms on iPad 2. PostFX's grayscale (with a noise effect added just for kicks) uses 0.37ms. Fantastic!

40. echologin

echologin

Cool !! hey PM me your invoice # and ill send you v2.0 its even faster ( and a ton more options )

dont i have you on skype ? you seem familiar if so just msg me

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  41. echologin

echologin

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  42. grimmgames

grimmgames

I scored v2.0 from Scott and it's just amazing. Awesome package.

43. echologin

echologin

Thanks man !

BTW real time area masks are coming next ( heat over areas like fires or any effect in any combination, could have distortion plus tint or anything )

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  44. echologin

echologin

2.0 is live on asset store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jxxxxst likes this.
  45. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

Hi this appears to work great on android but for some reason it just makes the entire screen white on ps vita psm. Any idea why this is or how to fix it ? I know that shader forge had a similar issue where all shaders were black on ps vita until they fixed the issue so you might want to look at how they fixed the issue.

The following error shows up in the console although it does still compile and run on the vita. It's just the screen is white

Maximum number (64) of shader keywords exceeded, keyword ECHO_PFX_OVERLAY_ADD_ON will be ignored
    UnityEngine.Material:set_shaderKeywords(String[])
    EchoPFXRenderGroup:Render(Transform) (at Assets/echoLogin/PFX/Plugins/EchoPFXRenderGroup.cs:380)
    EchoPFXManager:OnPostRender() (at Assets/echoLogin/PFX/Plugins/EchoPFXManager.cs:277)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  46. echologin

echologin

how many shader options are you using ( under shader tab )
    Also can u save your effects as xml ( export button ) and send that to me ? via a private msg

also is this v2.0 ? or 1.x ?

47. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

Just an update I think this is a unity error rather than an error with your package. I tried importing your package into an empty project opening one of your example scenes and pressing the compile post fx shaders has fixed the issue. Apparently if you have too many shaders in a project you can get this issue on ps vita. I've been playing with skyshop and shader forge so I'm guessing this is what caused it. Your package just happened to take me over that limit I guess.

48. echologin

echologin

Pretty sure that limit is per shader. are you using the Shader Fade Option = FASTER_WHEN_1at all ? that uses a lot of keywords. When using the FASTER_WHEN_1 u have to use less options per shader. ( like maybe 3 )

if you can export me that xml file i can see if its a bug in my stuff or if you're just using too many options in a single pass. if you have skype add me "echoLogin" there are other ways around this unity keyword limit in post fx studio

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  49. metaleap

metaleap

Sadly not, and unlike @IanStanbridge suspects it's also nothing to do with PSVita. This painful ridiculous archaic issue has been the topic of some debate.. sadly the best we could hope for according to @Aras was Unity upping the limit to 128 in Unity 5 ("very likely" which is still WAY too much "hopium" for my taste) --- when in fact what pretty much everyone would need nowadays (to have say SkyShop, ShaderForge, PostFX Studio, ReliefTerrain and Lux for example, totally plausible and should be FREAKIN POSSIBLE today or next month rather than next year) would be upping the limit to 512+ in Unity 4.6 o_O

50. echologin

echologin

Still if he sends me exported xml i can see what he is trying to do and come up with a work around .. there are always workarounds.