Search Unity

Possible to find what control was changed after EndChangeCheck?

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by CDF, Sep 24, 2015.

1. CDF

CDF

Going out on a limb here, but does anyone know if it's possible to know what control/value was changed after a EndChangeCheck() call?

e.g:

Code (CSharp):
    1. EditorGUI.BeginChangeCheck();
    3. EditorGUILayout.PropertyField(myProperty); //this is a property which contains other properties, which contain even more properties.
    5. if (EditorGUI.EndChangeCheck()) {
    7. //some value was changed, but what could it be???
    8. }
    One idea I had was to construct a property/value map before drawing the field, then comparing that property/value map to the property after a change is detected. However, I haven't been able to get values before they change. Every time I compare my values, they always equal the changed value. Maybe there's some event I can check for before a property is modified?

Another solution is to manually draw the children of the property and check changes per child. This works, but... not when the property has a CustomPropertyDrawer.

In other words. I don't think it's possible.

2. BMayne

BMayne

Hey there,

The changed check just works by every control setting GUI.changed = true when their value has changed. This would not give you the name of the control since it's just a bool. You can however use the hotControl to find out which element is focused. Then when the GUI is changed; check the hotControl. If you map this back to the control you will know which one has changed.

Cheers,

3. CDF

CDF

Thanks, How does one map the hotControl back to a control?

I see GUIUtility.QueryStateObject(type, controlId)

but this assumes I know the type, which I don't. And in any case, the result is always an exception.