Search Unity

Portfolio your work... Looking for some tips

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by kingdomseed, Sep 15, 2016.

1. kingdomseed

kingdomseed

Hey everyone!
    I am a high school teacher teaching game programming and design. I need a way to showcase and portfolio student work. Can anyone recommend anything that could do this effectively? I would prefer to have something in WebGL but I haven't spent much time in web programming.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

DVD, vimeo & youtube.
    Wont benefit programming hardly any but video is still best delivery method for design/development portfolio - showcases.
    If your looking at more detailed showcase - my suggestion is to hyperlink to students personal web portfolios from a web page archive. Simple. And leaves the creative construction of web hosting and site design in the hands of students, where it belongs.

3. salex100m

salex100m

First have your students make videos of their games and post to YouTube under a common channel (like your classroom's channel or something). Videos should be < 30secs each to get the students to focus on marketing the best parts of their games. In each video you can have links to downloadable games (I would use google drive/share but really you can do it anywhere that will host your file data) so that people can download and play the games on windows.
    Just my thoughts, I'm sure there are a ton of better options.

theANMATOR2b likes this.