Search Unity

[Poll] Community Sale - vote for your favourites

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SaraCecilia, Apr 4, 2016.

?

The ten Community Sale candidates up for vote:

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. 3DForge - TaD: Sewer Kit

259 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Quantum Theory - PolyWorld: Fantasy Interiors

212 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Frost Forged - 3D Items: Crafting Pack

248 vote(s)
    24.8%
  4. Nekobolt - Complete Home Interior Pack

154 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. beffio - Space Journey

171 vote(s)
    17.1%
  6. BRAiNBOX - Game Concept Starter Pack / Low Poly

266 vote(s)
    26.6%
  7. Howling Moon Software - Super Fast Soft Shadows

248 vote(s)
    24.8%
  8. Unluck Software - Tile Tool 2D

236 vote(s)
    23.6%
  9. PopcornFX - PopcornFX Particle Effects Plugin (iOS)

208 vote(s)
    20.8%
  10. ProCore - ProBuilder Advanced

550 vote(s)
    55.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

We are very excited to introduce our brand new Community Sale.

What is the Community Sale?

Community Sale is a brand new sale concept launching right here and right now! This time, we at Asset Store will step back, let our community take over, and let you guys decide which assets go on sale.

How does it work?

From our list of ten sale candidates, all logged in Unity Forum users can vote for up to five assets they really want to see on sale.

The vote will be on for five days: Monday, April 4th, 3pm CET to Friday, April 8th, 3pm CET.

The five packages with most votes by end of Friday will go on our Community Sale in the following week (Monday, April 11th) at a discount of 40%.

- From the Asset Store team

Clickable links
    (thx @karl_):

3DForge - TaD: Sewer Kit

Quantum Theory - PolyWorld: Fantasy Interiors

Frost Forged - 3D Items: Crafting Pack

Nekobolt - Complete Home Interior Pack

beffio - Space Journey

BRAiNBOX - Game Concept Starter Pack / Low Poly

Howling Moon Software - Super Fast Soft Shadows

Unluck Software - Tile Tool 2D

PopcornFX - PopcornFX Particle Effects Plugin (iOS)

ProCore - ProBuilder Advanced

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    eses, karl_, mlamanna and 9 others like this.
  2. SIV

SIV

Yay finally !

3. paulojsam

paulojsam

where and how to vote, is there a especific button

S4G4N likes this.
  4. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi everyone,

This modular package was released to accommodate Top Down as well as FPS game styles.

2 FREE updates followed with extra contents. The first as a large contents update and the second as a thank you to all the users that already purchased it.

This package is 100% modular and was tested with DunGen and Dungeon Architect by the respective publishers. PolyWorld: Woodland Low Poly Toolkit was also tested by the publisher with this package as advertised on his own package page.

Take a run through these web DEMOS all with sound
    (web DEMO scenes are included in the package)

Base web DEMO
    Top Down web DEMO
    Modern Electic web DEMO

Thanks you for your support

Other 3DForge Packages

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Sycoforge and mlamanna like this.
  5. beffio

beffio

Fingers crossed. GL

S4G4N likes this.
  6. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Awesome!

7. flyingaudio

flyingaudio

Please provide a link (not just the URL) for eash asset, making it easier to review the different packages.

It's interesting to think that the items with the least votes could be the most popular, for instance, ProCore is great, but since I already own it, I won't be voting for it.

SaraCecilia and yahodahan like this.
  8. paulojsam

paulojsam

its the heart button next to the buy button i wonder

9. karl_

karl_

10. Teila

Teila

Thanks for the links! Some of these look boring in the name but look great once you go look at them in the asset store!

S4G4N likes this.
  11. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

I think some people are wanting to know how to vote for things not on the list :)
    Can someone explain the process as to which ones were selected, so there is not the confusion?

Tethys likes this.
  12. paulojsam

paulojsam

its to vote here from a already selected range then

S4G4N likes this.
  13. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Will fix.

14. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

I'll ask the AS team to explain the process and comment in here :)

15. rrahim

rrahim

This looks like an awesome idea.
    Wish it were the ProCore Bundle nominated ;)

16. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Good idea, haven't participated in poll in along time. Took a look at some of the assets and casted my vote...

S4G4N likes this.
  17. mlamanna

mlamanna

Good deal.

S4G4N likes this.
  18. isabelle

isabelle

Unity Technologies

Our selection criteria are dynamic, as in ever changing (depending on each sale type), but a few guidelines are pretty stationary. To be considered, assets must be highly rated, regularly updated, deliver adequate customer support, and have a certain level of wide appeal. (e.g. one-eyed spotted purple alien reindeers probably won't make the cut)

JohnRossitter and S4G4N like this.
  19. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

I think some people (some who asked me) were wondering if they could nominate ones not on the list.
    Which is why I was asking if someone could explain why the choices are limited to ones previously selected.

#1 Not all publishers would be up for doing a sale.

But Just so that it was clear to everyone, you can only select from the list of ones shown above.

Thanks,

20. paulojsam

paulojsam

Thank you for the clarification!

21. NathanG

NathanG

I own 2/5 of the packages I voted for but want to support the publisher.

22. yahodahan

yahodahan

Whoa, thanks for all the votes! Exciting to watch!

We'll add an "Update" option soon, so PB-Advanced customers can upgrade from PB-A to the full Bundle, without losing money. Hooray for the Asset Store adding that feature! :)

23. Fsilva

Fsilva

Community Sale - vote for your favourites - TOP IDEIA! :D

I want the ProCore Complete Bundle, the last 24 hour deal of this asset was in 09/10/2014 with 50% but I couldn't brought, since then I am waiting anxious for another 24 hour deal.

I would like the complete bundle but like rrahim said:

thank you yahodahan!

The Procore complete bundle would be perfect in this Community Sale, but who knows when will be the next sale.

24. yahodahan

yahodahan

Yep, for exactly that reason, we'll add the Upgrade option, from ProBuilder Advanced to the ProCore Bundle! :)

S4G4N, Bhanshee00 and Fsilva like this.
  25. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

Whew, that is great news because I was about to buy PB-Advanced tonight! Which means I can still do that and start using PB, and look forward to upgrading to ProCore during the sale (if it gets voted for of course). :)

Thank you very much for the sterling customer service!

26. arumiat

arumiat

Still cant see how to actually vote up an asset..

27. isabelle

isabelle

Unity Technologies

Once logged in, you should see the vote boxes at the left of each asset names (in the grey area at the top of this thread).

28. TheNextFlow

TheNextFlow

How can you apply to be one of the candidates?

29. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I won't spam the thread with images of my pack. You can get all that from the store page.

Hi Everyone,

My pack featured here, PolyWorld: Low Poly Fantasy Interiors, is the 4th pack in the PolyWorld series.

Many of you might be familiar with PolyWorld: Woodland where you can take props, characters, and Unity terrains and convert them to the flat, faceted, low-poly art style with a click of a button. With Fantasy Interiors, you get a ton of custom made props, walls, and floors painstakingly hand colored by me. Great attention was given to the shape and style of furniture and other geometry so your scenes make the biggest visual impact.

Don't take my word for it; Play the live demo right here!

I recently made a big update to the shaders too. They now piggyback on Unity's PBR shader cgincludes so you can now take advantage of roughness and metallic parameters in your faceted worlds! Reflection probes are fully supported. Even cooler is that in the demo, screen space raytraced reflections are enabled via the Cinematic Effects package in the store. You can see how nicely things come together. This shader update will propagate to the other PolyWorld packs soon.

Why Vote for Me?

My name is Peter Sekula and I've been an experienced Senior Environmental Artist for over 12 years. In that time, I've worked on industry titles such as the Tom Clancy's: Ghost Recon series, Rainbow Six series, Far Cry 4, and most recently Tom Clancy's: The Division. And of course, I'm also the founder of my own game development company, "Quantum Theory Entertainment."

I've always had a fondness for well crafted environmental art; be it traditional or digital, 2D or 3D. Composing objects in a scene and lighting them in interesting ways is immensely enjoyable to me. If one can create a sense of wonder and curiosity in the viewer, they've captured them and can guide them on an interesting journey through visual storytelling.

As an Art Director in the game industry, I feel it's paramount to creatively illustrate game design intentions through art. One must always support the other. Then, create a visual style or language that draws the viewer into the world, beckoning them to dig deeper.

Composing scenes from the camera's perspective, texturing them to get a high level of detail, then illuminating the scenes are skills that I greatly enjoy and continue to this day. Anyone who is interested in critiques, feedback, or advice can feel free to message me.

A vote for me is a vote for the continuation of uncommonly good products from someone who wants to do this forever. I love doing game art and helping people have fun making their projects. Customer support is very important to me as evident by the generous reviews I've received in my packs.

Also, thanks to your support, I was able to quit Ubisoft last year to focus on this full time. I was the focus of a Unity blog post last April:

Check the blog post here: http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/04/16/from-art-director-to-asset-store-publisher/

It's not all about making a buck though. I'm most proud of the emails I get from customers who are using my artwork to help kids!

Pennsylvania State University is using my Urban Construction Pack in a project to help kids with social skills issues. Be sure to check out the article here: http://news.it.psu.edu/article/hidden-cues

Capital E is an award-winning not-for-profit organisation based in the cultural capital of Wellington, whose focus is children and their creativity. Using Unity and PolyWorld, kids get to learn how to make a game in a computer lab setting! I wish I had this when I was younger.

It's truly been great to be a part of Unity and the Asset Store. With your vote, I can keep going!

Thanks!

p.s. - Want to see what's next?

GoGoGadget, Bhanshee00, S4G4N and 2 others like this.
  30. khreathor

khreathor

But ProCore Bundle is not on the list, just PB-Advanced... or am I blind?

31. eridani

eridani

Can Dungeon Architect be added to the vote? Looks like a killer timesaver

S4G4N likes this.
  32. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey @eridani

I am by no means speaking for the AS, but I presume with this being the first time for this kind of sale, the communities response at the end will determine the frequency of these sales and what kind of package would be included.

But yes, Dungeon Architect is a great package that does save heaps of time once things are set up

Cheers
    Cobus

eridani likes this.
  33. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Great idea! ... and voted I have.

S4G4N likes this.
  34. Fronne

Fronne

You can always Upgrade to ProCore Bundle with the ProCore Utility Bundle because:
    ProBuilder Advanced + ProCore Utility Bundle = ProCore Bundle

You get approximately 25% discount on the ProCore Bundle this way...

Cheers!
    Franco

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15448

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    yahodahan and Bhanshee00 like this.
  35. recon0303

recon0303

I wish people good luck, but I did not vote, since I had no interest in any of them. Would not be fair, but good luck to those that get on sale!

36. CoredumpLab

CoredumpLab

I think If you had no interest in any of them at the moment, one or more could be interesting next time, can be smoothly. (no offense)
    This is good initiative, and creative idea.

37. Andy-Korth

Andy-Korth

Thanks for considering Super Fast Soft Shadows for the community sale. Here's a bit about the asset:

Super Fast Soft Shadows uses a unique shader based algorithm: Shadow projection occurs inside the vertex shader, not on the CPU. This allows us to achieve:
    * Speed on mobile platforms
    * High number of colored lights and shadowed objects
    * Flexibility in light size and softness of shadows

Shadow mask generation occurs in a single pass - it doesn't use expensive image filters or pixel shaders to soften the shadows. This means it runs great on mobile!

Physically realistic penumbra, umbra, and antumbra rendering is based on configurable light sizes. This produces accurate rendering when the light source is larger than the objects casting the shadows.

Great for atmospheric effects:

For more screenshots, check out the in-progress thread: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/super-fast-soft-shadow-system-in-progress.331154/
    And the store page: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/38682

38. Gus3D

Gus3D

Community voted sales! What a great idea.

I have some of these already so thought I'd chime in:
    SFSS works as advertised! Awesome stuff.
    ProBuilder is a must have! Just a real time saver. The price is already a steal for what it does.

Out of everything else, I'm most interested in PopcornFX. It looks like it has so much potential, too bad the particle editor is Windows only. Deal breaker for me and my team but I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue for other people. Check out their videos if you haven't already!

Andy-Korth and S4G4N like this.
  39. Fera_KM

Fera_KM

Was real happy when I saw popcornfx as one of the picks, then disappointed when I saw it was the iOS plugin and not the desktop plugin.

40. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Prooo Coooreeee :D

yahodahan and S4G4N like this.
  41. VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR

It's going to be VERY close on 2 -> ~

S4G4N likes this.
  42. hernanperez85

hernanperez85

I'm really excited about the Community Sale initiative. I think this kind of events will help both Indie developers who are trying to save every penny to stay afloat and Asset publishers to promote their incredible assets.
    I'm definitely getting ProCore and I hope to see more Community Sales in a near future.
    Thanks people from Unity and Asset Publishers for this initiative.

43. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

This is a fantastic idea! I've cast my votes, and it looks like the assets I voted for will end up being chosen based on the total count so far, so that's good. Moving forward in the future I hope to have a bigger selection to choose from because with such a small selection they may as well all go on sale.

Still, this is great and it looks like my top picks will make it. I'm almost certain to buy at least two of them.

S4G4N likes this.
  44. yahodahan

yahodahan

Wait-wait-wait!! I think you misunderstood me :(

ProBuilder Advanced is going on sale, not the ProCore Bundle. I meant, you could purchase PBA via this sale, then later upgrade to the full Bundle. Sorry for the confusion! -gw

llJIMBOBll and S4G4N like this.
  45. bosone

bosone

Even if i'm not a developer, I casted my vote for people with I interacted in the past, wishing good luck to everyone! :)
    I hope that my music will be considered for one of the next sales! :p

S4G4N likes this.
  46. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

LOL, no worries. ProBuilder Advanced is worth every dollar, sale or not! :) I'd already budgeted for the full price anyway so there's no problem at all.

yahodahan and S4G4N like this.
  47. Tethys

Tethys

Who gets to decide what goes on this list, and why not use more popular assets(the assets here may or may not be good -just asking)? Also, why not give us more options? Giving only 10 items to select 5 out of really is quite small, considering how many assets are on the store.

eridani and S4G4N like this.
  48. andyz

andyz

Pretty random list but ProBuilder will be nice!

llJIMBOBll and yahodahan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.