Search Unity

Please Help!: Unity Tobii EyeX Gaze Aware Component Issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Trys10Studios, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Trys10Studios

Trys10Studios

Note: This is using Tobii's EyeX controller. I am attempting to get the "ball" in this scene to move forward using the gaze aware component. I have this working in another "sample" project, so I don't know what the issue could be. Also the sphere is not actually floating in space when I'm attempting to do this lol. I was testing something else with the camera (which worked by the way, but again the eye gaze did not work, or find the object it's referenced to.

I continually receive this "Null reference" error. I have a camera in the scene and yet, it's not recognizing the Gaze Aware component. I have the gaze aware component attached to the sphere that you can see in this screen. Interestingly I replaced the original "ball" with this just to start from scratch with my ball controller, and am having the same issues. I have tried this in another "sample" project I created and the script works fine. I have made sure that the variables, scripts, etc, or all named appropriately and are not misspelled. I changed the camera, as before the camera followed the object (RollerBall) and I thought that could be the issue but to no avail. I don't understand why I'm getting this error message. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have a simple script attached to the sphere:
    ------------------------
    using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

public class MoveSphere : MonoBehaviour
    {
    private GazeAwareComponent _gazeAware;
    public float speed = 5.0f;

void Start()
    {
    _gazeAware = GetComponent<GazeAwareComponent>();
    }

void Update()
    {
    if (_gazeAware.HasGaze)
    {
    transform.Translate(Vector3.forward * Time.deltaTime * speed);
    }
    }
    }
    --------------------------

Again this worked fine in another project, just not in the current one. Please help!

2. Trys10Studios

Trys10Studios

Could there be an issue say if the original files were made in 5.1, and then imported into 5.2? I'm grasping at straws here.