Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me to find if it's a bug or my mistake!

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ksam2, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ksam2

ksam2

Hey guys, something isn't right for me with Mecanim, I've made a transition between two state and then I tried to adjust blend between them on transition windows. it looks good and smooth when I play on transition windows preview but in my game and runtime it seems the change I've made on transition windows to blend animations doesn't applied!

Is this a bug or changes we do in transition windows to smooth animations blend is useless?

2. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Like I said in the previous thread, it hard to say without any project or screen shot.

All change to transition window should affect your runtime transition as well.

I did help a lot of user and most of the time when the transition blending is not respected is because there is no exit time on your transition which mean that the transition can occur at any time while playing the source state. In this case you can still preview the blending between both state and change the duration and beginning of the transition but since the transition can occur at any time those setting at not saved in this case.

You can see the difference here between both image, when Has exit time is not checked the range icon change from an arrow to a small eye to show that it only for preview
    exittime.png noexit.png

ksam2 likes this.