Search Unity

Play store keywords

Discussion in 'Android' started by phard, Aug 9, 2012.

1. phard

phard

Hi guys, me and a friend have developed our firs casual game...we have named it "What A Goal!"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5jb21lLldoYXRBR29hbCJd

I don't find an option in publishing phase in which I can choose tag to improve playstore ranking or research.

For example If I wrote goal, soccer, freekick my game doesn't appare on playstore!!!

What I can do to improve ranking? Is possible to add keyword?? thanks to everyone!

2. Tseng

Tseng

Google Play doesn't have anything like keywords, because features like that get abused to manipulate rankings. It happened with websites in the late 90's already and search machines stopped using them to determine ranking.

Also stuffing keywords in your description is against the Google Play Developer Program Policy and can result in your App being removed from Google Play or your whole account being suspended.

3. legion

legion

As Tseng says Google Play don't have keywords. The iTunes app-store and Google Play works totally different.

In iTunes the ONLY thing that matters are your keywords, appname and publisher name. Your description can be totally empty and you would still get the same search ranking. However since Apple changed how the app-pages in a websearch works these now also holds the info you type in the description, so a good description still improves your web search ranking. A good tool for ios is http://www.appcod.es/

For Google Play what matters more is your description, how many reviews you have had that link to your app, how many users install your app and uninstall it get's on a daily basis and also usage of the app might decide your ranking. ie for Google it's a lot more normal SEO stuff you have to think of than just stuffing your description with keywords. You should still have "key" words in the description but don't spam them and keep them to words that are actually correct for your app.

I suggest you check out the latest Google I/O Youtube vids on marketing and such as they explain a few things there, also google for ASO or app store optimization.

Meltdown likes this.