Search Unity

PlatformEffector2D "Collision Pop"

Discussion in '2D' started by Deleted User, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi there,

The PlatformEffector2D accomplishes a lot out of the box, and it's so nice to see Unity adding things that are used a lot in 2D games. Have you noticed that when "One Way" is checked, and you have your character jump up through the platform, it sort of pops up to the top as a way to resolve the collision of the player and the top edge of the platform? Is there a way to make this function more as expected, such as when the player is above the top edge, he will not fall through and can collide and walk, but otherwise does not collide?

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

This was fixed in 5.0.0 patch 1 (Patch Releases). Note that I saw a report over the weekend that this issue is back in the latest 5.0.0 patch 3 however I have yet to confirm this.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi MelvMay,

Yes, I just updated to the latest build of Unity (5.0.1f1) and can confirm the issue is there. Will it be fixed again in a future release?

Also, are patches part of the download when updating within Unity or only when downloading form the site you linked to?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
  4. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

It has been fixed and is in the pipeline for a patch release.

The patches are not part of the download; there you'll get the latest point release that rolls-in all the previous patches.