Search Unity

Pinball Planet announcement!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by LuGus-Studios, Nov 15, 2014.

1. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

After months of work, we're proud to announce our mobile game Pinball Planet for Android and iOS, to be released in the coming days.
    PinballPlanet01.png PinballPlanet02.png PinballPlanet06.png PinballPlanet07.png PinballPlanet04.png

Our mission

We've always loved to play pinball games but we noticed most modern pinball games are simulators for the hardcore and nostalgic pinball players. That's why we aimed to create a pinball game for the new generation of gamers, who may not be familiar with the concept. We feel we've succeeded in our goal.

The game

Pinball Planet is a pinball game to be released soon for Android and iOS. The game will include three completely different and unique pinball levels full of mysteries and secrets. A dynamic mission system unlocks new challenges and fun approaches to pinball gameplay. To accomplish our goals for the game, we've also focused on creating a visual appealing game world for the player. Pinball Planet features simple RPG elements such as a leveling system, power-ups, statistics, a simple in-game economy, challenges and complete freedom in gameplay progression.

The player

It's a game for everyone, gamers both old and new to pinball. It combines the best parts of old-school pinball games, but adds original and fun digital additions that are not possible in real-life pinball games. The game is easy to understand and play, it's controls and interface are easy and intuitive to use. It's the perfect game for short play sessions and stays challenging during long play sessions thanks to the fun mission system.

Features
    • Unique and exciting pinball levels​
    • Accessible and casual gameplay​
    • Freedom in gameplay progression​
    • Full real-time 3D visuals​
    • Fun and engaging​
    • Leveling and statistics​
    • Dynamic challenge system​
    • Fun powerups to experiment with​
    For more information check out our website or our Facebook community.​

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. jkarateking

jkarateking

I'm also annoyed at most of the current hardcore pinball games lol.
    I'm looking forward to playing yours :)

Will it be free or paid?

3. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Good for you having some creativity. I also find it annoying that people stay so stuck in a box and just repeating the past.. this goes for slot machine games too, especially those horrific video slots which are an absolute nightmare to understand unless you have some background experience or someone to explain it. Not really fun at all. And most pinball games I've seen except a few, are usually either boring because they try to be `realistic` or are limited to what could be accomplished in physical reality.

HeadClot88 likes this.
  4. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

@LuGus Studios
    Except non of this is true..

Yes there are some developers like Far sight studios who do faithful real world recreations but they dont represent "most" as you have stated.

Then you get Zen Studios, who have been pushing digital pinball outside the traditional boundaries of real life mechanics adding exceptional digital mechanics while maintaining a good balance of keeping what needs to be there to appeal to hardcore pinball fans for years already. Available on all platforms.

Unless you actually did not know this level of digital pinball exists, I dont think its fair you made that statement , as if you are the first developers to break the mould and present something new and exciting .. give credit where credit is due - or dont say such things :

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

Pay once and get the full package! :)
    While a freemium model probably would be a smarter commercial decision we feel this can sometimes ruïne the game experience. This is a passion project for us so we want to give everyone the most fun and balanced game experience.

What do you think about this decision?

This must be a misunderstanding.
    I never said we are the first and only one, far from that. I want to underline the word "most" in that sentence, but I probably should have used the word "majority" instead. We know there are some good alternatives like "Rollers of the Realm" and "Momonga", we are big fans of those! These are games that don't act as being in an arcade hall by putting the pinball game in a "pinball frame" (like the example you show).

Still, you can't deny that searching for "pinball" on the AppStore or PlayStore mostly shows up pinball simulators, that's what I was referring to. I'm sorry for the confusion :)

6. jkarateking

jkarateking

Just so players can try the game out first, I think you should have a demo version with 1 pinball scene. Then when you buy the full version you get the whole package.

7. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

That's a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion.

8. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

What shaderbyets said is very true in some parts. Still, it is pinball. You can't necessarily change the game mechanic of something that actually has a physical representation in real life. Ball goes up and down and you hit it with flippers. You can always add to the mechanic and hope that it gets the attention you want. Also the idea of offering a demo with a single pinball scene is pretty much what Zen Studios does with their pinball games on consoles.

9. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

yeah no worries ;) best wishes for your game, I would also consider the suggestions of other to have some sort of playable demo (timed or single table whichever) as you are competing against other well established developers who do make offerings such as these.

10. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

I dont think the casual gamer makes specific searches like this. Most people who would search for pinball.. are looking for pinball!

The market is very tough though, games like "Momonga" did in fact do something quite unique and was a polished game. Im not sure how successful they were on IOS but on Play store after being there over a year they only have between 1000-5000 installs. Very scary numbers.

It really is a case of the top 5-10% of developers making 90% of all the money. The amount of budget needed to try gain traction is way beyond the cash flow of nearly all small time developers like myself sigh ..

11. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

We are aware this will be a hard sell, creating mobile games is in most cases not the best business decision for small companies. For us this is a passion project, so the financial gain is not the only aspect we are focussing on. Still, going brake-even (or more) would be nice nonetheless. Fingers crossed :)

12. jtok4j

jtok4j

First Thought on Loading your Facebook page, and seeing the Pinball - Ship level: "Oh wow, this is so great!"

I truly admire the thought and creativity you've put into this work. :) Such a great idea! :D

I also am old-school and have really loathed premium games, especially when my wife can't even play a free solitaire game without it hounding her to ? Buy Gold Coins? to get retry's and undo options for a game of cards?
    (Point: Please make an awesome demo with one level, 'cause that'll drive up sales too! ) :)

13. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

Happy you like what you see, credits go to the whole team!

A "lite" version of the game is planned! :)

As we plan to release the game in the coming weeks on different platforms we are looking for people who are interested in testing our game and giving us feedback. Do you want to be part of our awesome beta testers team and get the game for free in the process? We have room for 5 more testers! Like our Facebook page and send me a PM.

We are currently testing in Android devices but other platforms might be available in the coming days.

jtok4j likes this.
  14. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

Thanks to the amazing support from Microsoft and the Microsoft Innovation Center, we are happy to announce that Pinball Planet will come to windows phone too! The first tests look amazing.

15. jtok4j

jtok4j

Congratulations! This is an exciting step-up for the project! :D

16. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

I agree, thanks! :D

We hope to get a trailer for the game next week. A test version of the game is already running on Android Play Store, our first public release is getting closer! :)

17. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

Pinball Planet now has a trailer!

Hope you guys like it! :D

18. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios