Search Unity

Physics based BMX game ( BMX: Ride )

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Vossy, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Vossy

Vossy

Sorry, i'm not gonna teach basic programming in this thread. transform.Rotate() is what you are looking for.

2. Vossy

Vossy

Working on Character Creator in Unity 5

3. khos85

khos85

Nice, can you show screenshots? Question: Hows the greenlight process working out for you, I too have been greenlit, quite a lengthy process isn't it, but worth it in the end ? :)

4. Vossy

Vossy

Hey. The game has been Greenlit by Steam long time ago. It took several months. But releasing the game sometime in autumn. Screenshot is above, cant you see it?

5. khos85

khos85

ok cool, I can't see the screenshot, only a placeholder :)

6. Vossy

Vossy

7. Vossy

Vossy

Unity 5 and Mixamo 3D character.

8. khos85

khos85

Nice! curious, how or where do you get the clothes etc for the Humanoid? from Maximo store?

9. supermud

supermud

Wow this is coming along super sick. Any idea when a beta will be available.

10. kouta01

kouta01

uhmm sir , i'm also developing a bike racing game , but can you answer this question because i'm really havin a hard time , how to set the physics on the bike because it's falling down when i press the play button , hope you could help me sir TIA :)

11. _P3N

_P3N

Umm...Hey, I'm trying to make a survival style game and I want the player to be able to find bikes and ride them. I've been trying for ages to find a way to make it but I cant find any tutorials or documentation on how to do it. When I found this thread I was amazed about what you have done. Could you tell me how you actually did the wheel colliders because when I add them to my bike (I designed it in blender) with a ridgedbody on the frame it doesn't do anything the whole bike just falls through the ground. Thanks, great job on the game, I can't wait to play it. :)

12. Rom30s

Rom30s

its great to see a BMX game being made considering last gen gaming skipped BMX games all together.

Is it possible to build the game with the Havok physics engine like skate 3 uses?

13. khos85

khos85

Hi, I was wondering if you would mind to give some advice, the level editor you have looks amazing, did you use an asset to create this?