Search Unity

Third Party Photon Unity Networking v1.51 - game doesn't work on android after update to PUN1.51

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Zahidylin_Marat, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Zahidylin_Marat

Zahidylin_Marat

Hi.

Today I updated to new PUN free 1.51 - i replaced photon files... and now in my game, if i will open keyboard and than close keyboard - player stops sending messages,,,to check it - i print to the screen - player position from OnPhotonSerializeView, and before opening keyboard - i see that value changes inside OnPhotonSerializeView, but when i open and close keyboard (on android) - other player stops see my movements and the debug-value-on-the-screen freezes.

Did someone have the same problem?

2. tobiass

tobiass

OnPhotonSerializeView is called in Unity's Update() loop. I guess that is not called while the keyboard is used.
    It's a limit we can't work around. And: How would you move at all while typing?

3. Zahidylin_Marat

Zahidylin_Marat

You didn't understand me.
    After i have closed keyboard (and continue playing) - OnPhotonSerializeView stops working (hope now you see difference)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  4. tobiass

tobiass

Sorry. I misread that.
    Anything in the console / log? Does the client timeout? Does it happen also when you close the keyboard really quick (within a few seconds)?

5. Zahidylin_Marat

Zahidylin_Marat

I don't know how to look console / log in Unity android build, but I will try.

"Does the client timeout?"
    I think no, because client see movements of other players.

"Does it happen also when you close the keyboard really quick (within a few seconds)?"
    Yes