Search Unity

Third Party PHOTON UNITY BOOTCAMP CHARACTER

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Xazerek, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Xazerek

Xazerek

Guys, i need your help!
    How to change photon bootcamp character and make FPS Camera for him like CS:GO?
    I must do game for informatic project.
    Please i must do it!

2. jtadeo1

jtadeo1

Here's a link to a tutorial video might help:

It shows how to change the PUN character to your own. It may help give you some hints.

3. Xazerek

Xazerek

http://zapodaj.net/40c862292cc08.jpg.html
    I think i must change mesh to change soldier model but if i change this is invisible.

4. jtadeo1

jtadeo1

@Xazerek, I haven't actually tried to change the character in the Boot Camp example. Try making a copy of the example and follow the code. There's also a tutorial that is included with the PUN demo that you may want to pick at to see how they did it.

You will most likely need to not only change the mesh, but also the attached animations. Those would probably need to be matched up.

*If* I have time, I'll take a look and see if I can replace the character with my own. If anyone else can chime in, that would be great.

5. Xazerek

Xazerek

@jtadeo1 If u will have free time for try to do that, will be great.

"Try making a copy of the example and follow the code."
    I was trying, but when i do that, game has errors.

Thanks in advance.

6. Xazerek

Xazerek

@jtadeo1 So u try to replace character in photon bootcamp?

7. jtadeo1

jtadeo1

@Xazerek, srry I work during the week and chime in once in while during my break. I'll see what I can do this weekend or something. I'll make a rough tutorial on how to do it and stuff as some people might find it useful.

8. Xazerek

Xazerek

9. Xazerek

Xazerek

Who can help me?

10. jtadeo1

jtadeo1

@Xazerek, I had a look at the file and it appears to contain legacy animation and along with those animations, scripts attached to them.

If you select the prefab, you'll be able to review the attached components. Now unless your prefab perfectly matches the attached components, it would require custom coding a prefab to match that scene. Unfortunately, this isn't a simple swap and go scenario and it may also be a bit too advanced a subject for some users. Depending on your experience with Unity, you're going to have to dig into the components, code, and make sure you have a prefab that matches the current soldier prefab or hire/find a developer to assist you. Another option, is to roll your own scripts.

11. Xazerek

Xazerek

@jtadeo1 Can you make tutorial how to do that?
    I have all now, but i only need to change this character. :|