Search Unity

Third Party Photon "type is defined multiple times" Errors after Upgrading to 5.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by MarkVatani, Mar 4, 2015.

1. MarkVatani

MarkVatani

So far I've got these two errors in my project after upgrading:

"Assets/Plugins/ChatApi/ChatClient.cs(32,31): error CS0433: The imported type `ExitGames.Client.Photon.IPhotonPeerListener' is defined multiple times" from my ChatClient.cs file: public class ChatClient : IPhotonPeerListener

"Assets/Plugins/ChatApi/ChatPeer.cs(15,31): error CS0433: The imported type `ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer' is defined multiple times" from my ChatPeer.cs file: internal class ChatPeer : PhotonPeer

These came from the Viking Demo (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/1846) that I modified and now my project won't run. No idea how to fix this. :(

2. Sour

Sour

I'm having the same issue. I'm using the latest version of uLink, upgraded from a working game and I get the exact same compiler errors.

It seems whether you "Upgrade obsolete API" or not (which modifies the uLink assembly), it still thinks both IPhotonPeerListener and PhotonPeer are defined multiple times.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  3. vadiml

vadiml

Hi,

Did you try import PUN into new empty project from asset store and build some demos?
    If this works, maybe remove PUN from you project and reimport again?

4. MarkVatani

MarkVatani

Thanks. Yeah, I had to remove it and reimport. It cause a lot of headaches because I had to set a bunch of stuff up again, but I'm back in business.