Search Unity

Third Party Photon round timer not resetting when going back to lobby

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Barry100, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Barry100

Barry100

As the title says, when I use the round timer script it doesn't reset when I go back to the lobby.
    Its like the timer keeps counting when I leave the room but I can't understand how that can be if the room is closed when all players disconnect?

And advice?

2. tobiass

tobiass

The timer is not a full blown solution but more of a sample how you could use the synced time in a room.
    You need to take a look at the code and disable the timer when you leave the room.

3. Barry100

Barry100

ah right cool.. so how do I do that ?

4. Barry100

Barry100

2 mins ill post my code

5. Barry100

Barry100

the round will last for 10 minutes - 30 is just for testing just now. How do I stop or remove the timer so when the round is finished I dont go back to the game and get the same timer??

Code (CSharp):
    1. using ExitGames.Client.Photon;
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using UnityEngine.UI;
    5. /// <summary>
    6. /// Simple script that uses a property to sync a start time for a multiplayer game.
    7. /// </summary>
    8. /// <remarks>
    9. /// When entering a room, the first player will store the synchronized timestamp.
    10. /// You can't set the room's synchronized time in CreateRoom, because the clock on the Master Server
    11. /// and those on the Game Servers are not in sync. We use many servers and each has it's own timer.
    12. ///
    13. /// Everyone else will join the room and check the property to calculate how much time passed since start.
    14. /// You can start a new round whenever you like.
    15. ///
    16. /// Based on this, you should be able to implement a synchronized timer for turns between players.
    17. /// </remarks>
    18. public class InRoomRoundTimer : MonoBehaviour
    19. {
    20.     public int SecondsPerTurn = 30;                  // time per round/turn
    21.     public double StartTime;                        // this should could also be a private. i just like to see this in inspector
    22.     public static bool StopTimer = false;
    24.     private bool startRoundWhenTimeIsSynced;        // used in an edge-case when we wanted to set a start time but don't know it yet.
    25.     private const string StartTimeKey = "st";       // the name of our "start time" custom property.
    27.     public Text RoundTimer;
    29.     private void StartRoundNow()
    30.     {
    31.         // in some cases, when you enter a room, the server time is not available immediately.
    32.         // time should be 0.0f but to make sure we detect it correctly, check for a very low value.
    33.         if (PhotonNetwork.time < 0.0001f)
    34.         {
    35.             // we can only start the round when the time is available. let's check that in Update()
    36.             startRoundWhenTimeIsSynced = true;
    37.             return;
    38.         }
    39.         startRoundWhenTimeIsSynced = false;
    43.         ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable startTimeProp = new Hashtable();  // only use ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable for Photon
    44.         startTimeProp[StartTimeKey] = PhotonNetwork.time;
    45.         PhotonNetwork.room.SetCustomProperties(startTimeProp);              // implement OnPhotonCustomRoomPropertiesChanged(Hashtable propertiesThatChanged) to get this change everywhere
    46.     }
    49.     /// <summary>Called by PUN when this client entered a room (no matter if joined or created).</summary>
    50.     public void OnJoinedRoom()
    51.     {
    52.         if (PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient)
    53.         {
    54.             this.StartRoundNow();
    55.         }
    56.         else
    57.         {
    58.             // as the creator of the room sets the start time after entering the room, we may enter a room that has no timer started yet
    59.             Debug.Log("StartTime already set: " + PhotonNetwork.room.customProperties.ContainsKey(StartTimeKey));
    60.         }
    61.     }
    63.     /// <summary>Called by PUN when new properties for the room were set (by any client in the room).</summary>
    64.     public void OnPhotonCustomRoomPropertiesChanged(Hashtable propertiesThatChanged)
    65.     {
    66.         if (propertiesThatChanged.ContainsKey(StartTimeKey))
    67.         {
    68.             StartTime = (double)propertiesThatChanged[StartTimeKey];
    69.         }
    70.     }
    72.     /// <remarks>
    73.     /// In theory, the client which created the room might crash/close before it sets the start time.
    74.     /// Just to make extremely sure this never happens, a new masterClient will check if it has to
    75.     /// start a new round.
    76.     /// </remarks>
    77.     public void OnMasterClientSwitched(PhotonPlayer newMasterClient)
    78.     {
    79.         if (!PhotonNetwork.room.customProperties.ContainsKey(StartTimeKey))
    80.         {
    81.             Debug.Log("The new master starts a new round, cause we didn't start yet.");
    82.             this.StartRoundNow();
    83.         }
    84.     }
    87.     void Update()
    88.     {
    90.         RunTimer();
    91.         if (startRoundWhenTimeIsSynced)
    92.         {
    93.             this.StartRoundNow();   // the "time is known" check is done inside the method.
    94.         }
    95.     }
    97.     public void RunTimer()
    98.     {
    99.         // print (PhotonNetwork.time);
    100.         if (StopTimer == false) {
    101.         double elapsedTime = (PhotonNetwork.time - StartTime);
    102.         double remainingTime = SecondsPerTurn - (elapsedTime % SecondsPerTurn);
    104.         double minutes = (int)remainingTime/60;
    105.         double seconds = (int)remainingTime%60;
    107.         if (remainingTime <0.1) {
    108.                 remainingTime = 0;
    109.                 StopTimer = true;
    110.                 print ("end of time");
    111.                 RoundTimer.GetComponent<Text>().text= "Game Over";
    114.         } else {
    117.         RoundTimer.GetComponent<Text>().text = "Remaining Time: " + minutes.ToString() + ":" +seconds.ToString();
    118.             }}
    119.     }
    120. }

6. janeshvarmishra

janeshvarmishra

hello did you get the solution of it....please i have also same problem..sop lease share with me how you have solved it.