Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Third Party [Photon][playFab] Game Launcher with Patching, Shop, Matchmaking and more..

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Neoshiftr, Feb 25, 2015.

?

If you would buy this, what would you pay for it?

1. < 10$

2. $10 - $15

3. $15 - $25

4. > $25

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Neoshiftr

Neoshiftr

Hello everybody,

I've been playing around with playFab and Photon Networking for a while and now want to make my online game.
    I am a programmer, and most stuff was not hard to do, but then I reached the point where I had to make Menus and stuff, and I am really bad at this.
    I thought of "League of Legends", where the entire stuff like login and getting players together is outside the game in a launcher made with Adobe Air, but I do not know how to use Adobe Air either.

So, I started making a launcher with Visual C#, got myself a nice free design to start with, with the goal to combine the very best of both Photon and playFab in a program.

My current feature list contains:
    • Launcher & Game Patcher (custom)
    • Login & Register for your game (playFab)
    • Create a character (playFab)
    • Lobby where you can chat, see your friends, see rooms to play and open a room yourself. (playFab & Photon)
    • Rooms for Matchmaking (Photon)
    • Shop where you can buy virtual currency with real money, and objects with another virtual currency or the paid one. (playFab)
    • Inventory and equipping that items. (playFab)
    • and many more..
    Here are some very early alpha Screenshots (taken within the editor):

Big left white space is a webbrowser area where you could load news (custom HTML page or playFab News)

The main idea by now is to have a simple looking, but fully working example (includes Unity Game Example where players get redirected after room leader starts the game in the launcher and play a match).

Just in case one day this would be on the asset store or somewhere else, would you buy it? (I know I need proper permission from both playFab and Exitgames for using their SDKs) If yes, how much? Please contribute by using the options from the poll.

What features would you like to see? Multi-language? Easy design switching? Other layout? Feel free to post.

Sincerely,
    ITGeist.

2. sokki

sokki

If the game is good and approved, you can use our SDK for online login and register powered by www.dev.id.net website.

If your game is good, we might even sponsor/buy its online rights ;)

Will the game be good, ITGeist?

3. Neoshiftr

Neoshiftr

Read the first post again, I'm making a launcher for games, not a game.
    Also, playfab is used for account management.

4. sokki

sokki

oh, i've misunderstand your point.. Especially when you said your are bad with menus, I assumed you are better in making games :)

Good luck in making your online game, or/and launcher for games :)