Search Unity

Third Party Photon mobile controller synch

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by alarm656, Oct 16, 2014.

1. alarm656

alarm656

Hi, can someone help me please to synch my mobile controller? My mobile controller is looks like UFPS Mobile controller, character prefab controls (Moves, Rotates) with another prefab(which holds 2 joysticks). I attached my arm/hand and weapon model. Can't find any tutorials especially for mobile. I'm using photon. Please help me. Maybe someone can record tutorial for me please? thank you an advance. I hope someone will respond:(

2. tobiass

tobiass

Your mobile controller does what?
    If this is basically a "touchscreen joystick", then you need to figure out how to apply that input to your character-controller, which in turn will update the local state and the other players.

Afaik, UFPS has support for multiplayer. So if you just want to get things done, then I suggest you buy that asset. At the moment, I don't see how anyone here can help. The task is too vague.

3. alarm656

alarm656

Thank you very much for answer. Sorry for late writing. I have UFPS but new 1.4.8 version doesn't have photon networking system. also doesn't optimized for mobile.

I have player prefab and control prefab. Player prefab has arm/weapon models. Control prefab has joysticks (touch pads). I add "Photon View" component to the player prefab. It spawns. But I don't know what to do with Control prefab. I followed this PC tutorial:

4. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

you control "prefab" is only there to replace the keyboard and mouse/gamepad the same way quil18 creates the player movement in his tutorial you wire up the movement to your touch controls instead of the keyboard and mouse