Search Unity

Perspective Warping - Five Nights at Freddys Style

Discussion in '2D' started by gaurdianaq, Jun 29, 2015.

1. gaurdianaq

gaurdianaq

Hi everyone, this is my first post but I got a quick question.

I'm making a Five Nights at Freddys fan game. Both for simplicitys sake on my part and keeping true with the original game I'm making everything using 2D graphics and such but I'm trying to figure out the best way to create that sense of perspective that you're in an office that the original has.

Maybe I should back up and elaborate a bit better. In the original five nights at freddies, everything from the camera feeds to the office is just a flat 2D image. The original game used some filter/plugin that was part of Click Team Fusion that warped the image to make it look like you were able to look left and right in a 3D space rather than just looking at flat images. I'm trying to figure out what would be the best way to do this in unity.

Like should I create a 3D primitive with the curve I need and try and map the image onto that, and then just have the camera angle left and right within a set boundary so that the camera is always focused on it. Or is there a different approach I could/should take.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help given.

2. gaurdianaq

gaurdianaq

Anyone at all?

3. 1Piotrek1

1Piotrek1

Maybe try to to place camera inside of sphere or something round and display your image on this.