Search Unity

[PC] 2D Game : Mineri - A Game About Mining

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Batman_831, May 4, 2015.

1. Batman_831

Batman_831

MINERI
    is a simple game about mining different ores and earning money, Target is simple "Become The Richest Miner". You play in a randomly generated infinite world, which is made up of rock and different kinds of ores, and of-course, DANGERS !

10 Different kinds of ores to unlock and mine... Coal, Uranium, Diamond, Gold, Iron, and lots of other ores will keep you excited throughout the game. Beware of cave dangers, Spiders and Lava ! Explosives are meant to be kept secret...^_^ Boom !

Rules are simple, Start, Find, Mine, Earn, Unlock, Protect, Kill and Survive.

FEATURES -
    1. 10 Ores to find and mine, rarer ores such as Uranium and Obsidian will yield more money that basic ores such as Coal. Game starts with a single ore, as you earn, you unlock new ores !
    2. Random-Infinite World Generation Procedure. You play in a completely randomly generated world.
    3. 3D Rocks. Feel the depth of 3D in a 2D game.
    4. Lava. Game contains lava, both naturally occurring as well can be placed by player also to kill spiders, Lava will kill any living entity at contact. Obsidian And Emerald are found around lava sites. Occurrence of underground(secret) lava is also known. Be careful while mining around lava.
    5. Spiders. Currently, game features only spiders as 'Monsters'. Spider will follow player and kill the player at instant( similar to lava ). They can be killed by lava and explosives.
    6. Explosives. Game features 2 kinds of explosives, naturally occurring explosive rocks and Placeable Dynamites.
    7. Upgrades. Game starts with a single ore, as you progress and earn money, you unlock various other ores, what's more, many upgrades like Ore Sensor, Speed Boost, etc. will keep you excited. Upgrades can be seen in Pause Menu.

8. Stats System. The game preserves/saves stats. The stats can be viewed from the main menu and show Money and Rocks mined.
    9. Various small sounds. Along with 4 BGMs, game contains various mini sounds for mining, lava, spiders, etc. It is recommended to wear headphones for best experience.

Screen Shots -

v1.2f
    ## FINAL RELEASE 1.2 - TUTORIAL UPDATE

+ Added Tutorial Level
    + Added Information Screen which can be opened by pressing I from keyboard. It contains list of upgrades and ores.
    + 5 New BGMs.
    * BGM volume can now be adjusted and music can be changed if you want.
    * Optimized BGMs.
    * Fixed movement bugs. Smoothened characted movement.
    * Tweaked Upgrade Screen
    * Tweaked Main Menu Screen.
    * Changed Game Icon. Added Config Dialog Banner.
    - Removed 1 BGM.

The controls are pretty simple, WASD/Arrow Keys To Move, Spacebar/Z/LeftMouseButton To Mine.
    Movement controls can be changed through the "Settings Box" that displays when you start the game.
    However, mining controls can not be changed

The game begins with a single ore 'COAL'. You need to earn enough money by mining ores as to unlock the next ore or Upgrade
    Rarer the ore, more the money you get. All the unlocked updates can be seen in Pause Menu. Once you unlock all the ores, it's time to become the richest ! There's a lot more to Explore, can you get enough money to buy all those upgrades ?

Pressing J will place one rock ahead of the player, and pressing L will place lava 2 Blocks ahead of the player, Spiders can only be killed using lava, so strategically you have to place Lava and rock at almost same time, such that spider goes over the lava and gets burned. Beware while placing lava, lava can kill player too. Similarly, Pressing K will place a dynamite/TimerBomb ahead of the player, it explodes after a few seconds(or if triggered) and destroys every object nearby it except lava.

Explosive rocks are yet another major danger. Spotting them is difficult as they look exactly same as normal rocks. However, it takes 2 hits to mine them, so if a rock does not break in a single hit, then it is a Explosive, on mining it will explode...Care and caution is necessary.

After every 25$ you earn, game is automatically saved, however game can also be saved through "SAVE" option in Pause Menu.
    While game is saving, "SAVING GAME..." Is displayed at the bottom-left corner of the screen, please do not quit the game at this moment or you might corrupt your save file.

After every 100 Blocks, a small amount 1-10$ is substracted from your money for repairing pickaxe, therefore you should always have atleast 10$ or less at that moment, if you dont have enough money, then it will be GAME OVER !

Every time you start the game, you spawn in a new mine, your money, record of ores and Upgrades are saved which can be viewed at "Stats" option in MainMenu. However if you die, your money stat will reset, your ores stats will be preserved though.

DOWNLOAD ( FINAL RELEASE 1.2 )
    ONLY FOR PC -

DOWNLOAD THIS GAME FROM GAMEJOLT

Please note - Some of the assets used in the game are not created by me, BGMs are not created by me.

REVIEWS and FEEDBACK is appreciated. Thank you for trying out the game.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Very nice.

Great example of focused game design.

But how do the spiders walk through the dirt?

Good job.

3. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Looks nice and I know you're not keeping them but the lava is from a Minecraft texture pack! XD Sphax if you're wondering.

4. Batman_831

Batman_831

@theANMATOR2b I planned to add spiders because they were only creatures which could climb on rocks, so I thought it would be suitable to add them, although it sounds a little awkward :p Thanks for trying out my game !

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. Batman_831

Batman_831

@Whiteleaf yup, i got them from minecraft texture pack, i am not a good artist so i could not make the lava texture i needed, so i got it from that texture pack, never knew somebody would even notice...XD and ofcourse i am not keeping it, nor i intend to. Nor I am making my game truly "Commercial". Thanks for trying out the game !

6. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Just tried your game. I like the overall concept a lot. The graphics were very good and the light was a nice touch.

I think you have a great foundation to build this out into a very cool game.

When the spiders arrived I tried to attack them with my pick but always died. And sometimes I mined a square and it just blew up.

Some suggestions for improving the game play:

* Instead of having some of the squares just immediately explode consider adding a little animated bomb, stick of dynamite or even just text BOMB and a number counting down 3... 2... 1... this will give the player a few seconds to back away and escape and fee more fair.

* Instead of making it so the spiders can just rush in touch you and you are dead it would be cool if the player could fight them. Just the same as mining except if a spider is in front of you it gets knocked back a little ways and takes damage. Maybe 3 to 4 hits and it is dead.

Overall this is a great start! You may want to post it in the Game Design Feedback Friday Thread to get more feedback.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  7. Batman_831

Batman_831

Yes, currently you can't fight Spiders in the game, to defeat them, the only ways are Lava and Dynamite, you can place lava By pressing L key(look in video for the best way to place lava and tactics to kill) and You can place a Dynamite by pressing K, which will explode after a few secs...Rock which blew up is a Explosive rock, it is meant to kept secret therefore it looks like a normal rocks(only difference is it takes 2 hits to mine it, while it takes 1 hit to mine a normal rock).

Nice idea, i never thought about that, although i can't change the look of that explosive rock because it's a naturally occurring explosive and meant to kept hidden from the player's vision(like a surprise), but yes you are right, i would add some kind of timer, if you mine it, it will flash or something like that for few seconds and then BOOM ! :cool: The animated bomb concept can be seen in Dyanmites in the game(Press K to place one).

hmm... currently the only way to kill is spiders is through lava and dynamite(video shows how to kill spider through lava). It's a effective way also, and I found it good for a game based on mining, but.... I agree this time. Adding knock-back and health would be a great system. I will make sure to add these features in my next update. :)

Thank you very much, those gave me some cool ideas on my game... I will also add this to that thread you linked so that i can get more feedback. Thank you for these valuable feedbacks and trying out the game :D

8. Korok

Korok

it's great you should make Android and iOS versions :D

9. woodsynzl

woodsynzl

Awesome, downloading the beta now. And Android/iOS versions would be good! Would you mind checking out my driving sim? Need feedback! Link

10. Batman_831

Batman_831

Android/IOS versions might not be released in future, game needs to be optimized before getting added to mobile devices and I am planning to keep this game non-commercial and not earning anything from it, so I do not plan on spending money to publish it on Play Store, Steam, etc. However, nothing is guaranteed yet.

Thank you for playing the game. :)

Korok likes this.
  11. Batman_831

Batman_831

Mineri v1.2 Released !
    This update brings lots of improvements in the game. It adds a tutorial level and a information screen in the game to help players learn the controls and mechanisms.

## RELEASE 1.2 - TUTORIAL UPDATE

+ Added Tutorial Level
    + Added Information Screen which can be opened by pressing I from keyboard. It contains list of upgrades and ores.
    + 5 New BGMs.
    * BGM volume can now be adjusted and music can be changed if you want.
    * Optimized BGMs.
    * Fixed movement bugs. Smoothened characted movement.
    * Tweaked Upgrade Screen
    * Tweaked Main Menu Screen.
    * Changed Game Icon. Added Config Dialog Banner.
    - Removed 1 BGM.