Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Path Maestro - A 2D path-finding puzzle game for Android

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by jallen720, Mar 12, 2015.

1. jallen720

jallen720

Hey everyone!

Path Maestro is my first released Unity game. It's a free 2D path-finding puzzler where you have to manipulate the path between the start and end points until the path crosses all the objectives.

All feedback is welcome. Hope you enjoy the game!

Path Maestro on Google Play

2. WyvernSpite

WyvernSpite

Hi!

I took a look at your game and really enjoyed it. These types of brain teasing puzzle games are definitely up my alley. If I may make two small comments though. I had trouble understanding your tutorial at first, but unfortunately, once I got it, I can't think of a better way to explain how to play :( The other thing, was seeing the unfinished line in particular was difficult. Any chance you can make it thicker or give it a border?

Great game, and hope it goes well for you!

3. jallen720

jallen720

Hey WyvernSpite!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Yeah it's a bit intimidating at first. I reworded it a few times during development and that's the best way I could explain it. That's why the first few levels are so simple. I thought about making an interactive tutorial, but I set a hard deadline of 2 months to finish this game and I didn't have the time to implement something like that.

I tried LineRenderer at first which allows you to change the thickness of the line but I didn't like the way it looked. I guess looking at the game for so long I just adjusted to the lines being thin. Hopefully it didn't interfere too much. If I get more complaints about the line thickness I'll probably switch back to LineRenderer.

Thanks for the feedback!

4. jallen720

jallen720

New update with bug fixes is available. Still looking for feedback! :)

5. jallen720

jallen720

New update that fixes the screen orientation when starting the game.