Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets LoDs, ID maps, Atlased PBR-like - Sci-Fi Heavy Station kit Hangars V2 - Accepted! [DotTeam's Thread]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by DotTeam, Feb 13, 2016.

1. DotTeam

DotTeam

Dear Visitor,
    Welcome to DotTeam's forum thread!

Post your projects made with DotTeam's assets!
    Also subscribe on Twitter @DotTeamPro

*Latest work in progress examples are on top of the thread.

[News] Thanks to TheMessyCoder' pointing out (his tag on twitter is @TheMessyCoder ) the new update for "hangars v2" was sent to Asset Store to review today - it will solve rare compatibility error, which happened if importing "hangars v2" over "base v2" and "colony v2".
    ---

Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit hangars v2 is live on Asset Store!
    What to expect in few words?
    • LoDs, ID & Curvature Maps, Atlased PBR-Like Materials
    • 944 prefabs if combined with Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base & colony.
      337 meshes/269 prefabs if standalone
    • The update is Free for owners of hangars v1.2

As "Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit Base V2 " and "Colony V2" have got several features, like to reduce drawcalls each theme now uses a single material, PBR look (kinda) was implemented, now same should apply to "Hangars v1.3" becoming "Hangars v2".

I welcome you first to watch promo video, and after take a look at screenshots!
    Last let's go to website - for well presented promo materials, and all the info about new version.
    In case you would like know more here, posting description at the end of this post.

The description is under spoiler:
    It is a series of modular artistic kits, and the pieces of one kit are compatible with another kit, within Sci-Fi Heavy Station series.

LoDs, ID & Curvature Maps, Atlased PBR-Like Materials.

944 prefabs if combined with Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base & colony.
    337 meshes/269 prefabs if standalone.

There are small modular kits within this Kit included:
    - New Modular rail system with crane
    - New Modular small pipelines
    - New Modular big pipelines
    - New Modular energy barrier-wall
    - New Modular stairs for outside

New themes in Hangars v2 (143 new prefabs total):
    - Aggregates2
    - Garage
    - Outside
    - Top-Down2

New PBR-like materials are coming with:
    - up to 4k textures
    - Metallic map
    - Height map
    - AO map
    - and ID map.

Misc
    New animated mesh for Gateway
    New animated textures for Displays
    Added basic LODs that are:
    - contain two to three steps of super quickly decimated meshes
    - distances are set super quickly
    - made into prefabs
    - demo scenes are built with simple mesh

MODELING
    A new look for old objects. New objects were added to expand your opportunities for creative development.

MAPPING
    To reduce drawcalls, most models were packaged into themes. Each theme uses a single material. Some UVs have a bit of free space, which has been reserved for future updates (thus adding new objects will not require additional materials).

TEXTURING
    All the materials now have Metallic, Height and Occlusion maps.

SCRIPTING
    Earlier scripts have been corrected and expanded upon, and for widening the possibilities of the kit, new scripts have been created.
    On how to properly install Heavy Station Kit, please check this PDF at http://dotteam.pro/pdf/DotHSK_InstallationNotes.pdf

17 themes total, covering:
    - Aggregates, Ballons and Cables, Cargocase, Consoles, Rail and Crane modular system, Reactor and Server
    - Aggregates2 are huge single, dual and trio Pipes, Flat reactor, Huge barrels with various pipes
    - Arches are three types of L shaped design elements, with customizable solid and/or transparent pieces
    - Door and Gate
    - Elevator
    - Floors come as Floor Frames in sizes of 10 and 5 metres. There are also two types of narrow Transition elements and four types of Hand-rails. To increase visual interest, there are solid and transparent Floor Fill pieces to fit in floor frames.
    - Garage are modular pieces for vehicle with wheels. Around that can be placed special maintenance platforms and with ladder for humans to get up. Also theme has own console and aggregate.
    - Outside has modular energy barrier with intent for placing around the base. Also huge stairs, animated radar, cone-shaped station.
    - Gateway are room-scaled areas for vehicles, with full-sized animated gates.
    - Pipelines1 are new small modular pipelines
    - Pipelines2 looks like ones in Base v2, but now they are modular
    - Props are small and medium barrels, small battery, small to medium to big boxes, and small but narrow and long box that can be stacked on itself in pyramid form
    - Supports are used to enhance heavy look of the base, and they fit into special slot in Floor Frame pieces
    - Top Bottom are used to increase visual depth of the level when needed, and they come in three different pieces
    - Top-Down has four types of walls for outside, and elements to close gaps for Top-Down use
    - Top-Down2 has new supports for outside that strenghten visual look, three additional walls for outside, and pieces for Top-Down use
    - Walls has 5 and 10 metres elements, flat and L and C shaped, with openings for doors, gates and windows

Room-sized gateways allows various vehicles to let in, then heavy cranes do the unload process. Meanwhile, in narrow, 5 metres in width corridors, aggregates are working full throttle, and a web of modular pipelines is leading the eye into the depths of the station.

Documentation is at http://dotteam.pro/pdf/Heavy_Station_Kit_hangars2.pdf

-----------------------------------
    Chapter List

Mesh and UV - Minor changes for the Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base v2.0 - post #24
    Materials - Minor changes for the Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base v2.0 - post #25
    [ News ] It is Fixed! And New Version 1.1 for hangars was Accepted! post #12
    Patch notes for Sci-Fi Kit base v1.2 - post #9 and release of Heavy Station Kit hangar.
    WIP over Hangars v1.3 to match Base V2 and Colony V2 - post #40

To Asset and Asset Store thread.
    The first post is in spoiler
    Here are few screenshots of the WIP Sci-fi Heavy Station Kit hangar.
    Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit hangar can be used as standalone pack and together with Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base.
    hangar Kit
    comes with new shape of floors, walls, partitions, ect.

With base Kit [to Forum thread, to Asset Store] you have place for humanoids.
    And now we would like to make room for vehicles [to free Space Scout Drone at Asset Store] too...

underwater...

ground...

space...

and maintenance area.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  2. DotTeam

DotTeam

Chapter List

Mesh and UV - Minor changes for the Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base v2.0 - post #24
    [ News ] It is Fixed! And New Version 1.1 was Accepted! post #12
    Patch notes for Sci-Fi Kit base v1.2 - post #9 and release of Heavy Station Kit hangar.

It is in Pending Review status now. Maybe at the end of the week it will be released. Here is few new screenshots.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  3. DotTeam

DotTeam

Chapter List

Here is new description with new Quick How to area for Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base that I gonna upload today, as well as some minor changes to the package like
    ---------------------------------------------
    new Description in progress

Physically-Based Shading ready
    Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base comes with lighting in Prefabs like walls, stairs and equipment. Inside package are ambient and door sounds, Script for the Automated Door Block Control, Script for working with the Ladder, modified FPS Controller Script and Hide Cursor Script.

I want it to be simple constructor. Just ten metres left. Just ten metres up. Want something in-between? It is five metres. Then. Room 20x20x10? Or some storage 70x30x40?

To look durable, so you can use it in harsh conditions - like underwater, underground and space. With base Kit you have place for humanoids... multifloor system... tunnels... wide rooms... detailed ceiling and underfloor.

By using Arches and Support you can visually strengthen looks of your scene,
    Stairs are good to get up and down, but also as basic bridge system.
    Partitions1 and Partitions2 may be used to guideline movement of Player,
    While Equipment and Props enchance the variety of surroundings.
    You may place walls on walls to get second floor. Or third...
    It is 144 Prefabs in 14 Categories.

Quick how to

There is one major Guideline to set up your scene. Kit is build around number 10. It is 10 metres. This means next. Your first floor goes to 0, 0, 0. Walls going to 0, 0, 0. To make door, just drag and drop it into scene. Place it to 0, 0, 0. Then as floor is 10 metres-wide (and walls are 10 metres in height) you just write to coordinates of Door 5 on desired axis and if needed rotate Y axis by 90.

Two Prefabs that always have to be used
    While it is obvious to use Walls and Floors, here is another two that are necessary.
    Arches - are meant to sew two Walls together.
    Top Bottom - under the Floor where is floor and above the Floor where is ceiling. Since for ceiling is used same type of object as floor does. Video has this.

Tip for fast placing
    While drag-n-dropping Prefab, try to place it as close as needed to desired location. New-dropped Prefab will have coordinates like -9.867, 0.215, 18.625. all you have to do is modify coordinates to -10, 0, 20.

Place of the Prefab in the Scene
    Every Prefab has its Point of Origin at 0, 0, 0.
    Only Equipment and Props are meant to be placed by eye. Rest have their unique place in the Scene.
    But if you would like you can try and move them by eye also. Just I feel it is very time consuming.
    Support - always go around floor but can also be placed in the middle of four Floors around.
    Partitions 1 have their place at the middle of the Floor,
    while Partitions 2 goes to the middle of the Wall (and middle is at 5 metres).
    By rotating Top Bottom you will achieve additional variety for Your Sci-Fi envionment.
    Floor Fill - works in hand with Floors and Top Bottom. With this Prefab you may choose to hide underfloor from sight or show it. To have place for Ladder placement or not to have.

4. DotTeam

DotTeam

Table of Contents

That is all... I hope that i will have something to write at the end of this week, since I waiting for approval of the hangar Kit. And here is new fixes for lights. No mesh has been modified.

Again, no mesh has been modified. These changes are for future patch. But If you do not feel like waiting 4 days, just write us and I will send you info on how to set up lights, Support e-mail is on Asset Store publisher page.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  5. uni7y

uni7y

looks very nice and is on my to buy list!

6. DotTeam

DotTeam

Thank you, reading comments like that makes you feel good.

7. HolyFireGames

HolyFireGames

Love the style, looks really good.

8. DotTeam

DotTeam

Awesome... thanks.

9. DotTeam

DotTeam

Chapter List

While I was thinking about changes [ from post 3 and 4 ], have got more ideas. :) So decided to not upload minor patches every 4 days, and instead get it all together and do at the same time. And one of ideas is: to fill scene from screenshots with Light Probes. So you will see Real performance of the scene [ and of the Kit ] in a New light. :)
    Ofcourse that is not changing any Prefabs.

The new Kit, Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit hangar [ to Forum ] has been released.

10. DotTeam

DotTeam

Chapter List

It needs future investigation. Because naming system of hangar Kit may change, at the moment it is recommended to NOT use it in serious Projects, till version 1.1.
    However you may continue using base Kit.
    Aiming to solve it at my side within next few days. But if I would need talk to Asset Store Team this can get longer.
    Again I have some ideas about naming, and if they are true this thing will be solved in few days + time for patch for hangar Kit to get approval.

11. DotTeam

DotTeam

Chapter List

[ New Info ]
    It is fixed now, new v1.1 of Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit hangar has been accepted.

Old info
    Idea about double naming is confirmed.
    It is fixed now and new version of hangar Kit have to be uploaded to Asset Store today.
    Approval may take up to four days.

For new version to take smooth landing, it is recommended to delete previous version of hangar Kit from the project, before applying update.

Note:
    After combining base Kit and hangar Kit there is Overriding of "path/No Name.mat". I am aware of this and advicing just clear Console.
    These files are convenient for hangar Kit standalone version. In standalone version with "No Name.mat" files you will have gray color of mesh instead of pink.

DotTeam

12. DotTeam

DotTeam

Chapter List

Fixed compability issue with Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base.
    Previously, because of conflicted identical names of Meshes from different packages, these .fbx where overriding each other.
    Now names of such .fbx are modified so overriding no longer exists. Naming of corresponding Prefabs is not changed.

Dot FPC was modified to be exact copy of Dot FPC from in Heavy Station kit base.

Info file was added to the package with Name and version of package as well as links to Forum, Web-site and e-mail.

Scripts that are necessary for compability were added.

No overriding happens at combining two Kits, so Console log is clean.

DotTeam

13. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Any chance there will eventually be more exterior matching walls/roofs for the base and hangar kits? Right now the kits are great for top down or fps/third person where the player is confined to the insides, but if they are running around and enter the base/hangars from normal terrain, there really doesn't seem to be matching outside walls for everything. Or maybe I'm just missing them. I only found a couple that looked like they would work for outside walls and there was one windowless one in the base kit in the top down folder.

What I'm envisioning is if I was in the mini-sub approaching the underwater compound, I would be able to see the tubes for the round tunnels and the other shaped walls from outside. Or even more important, if a transport was approaching a space station I should have external walls to match the parts for the interiors so as I flew up to dock, I wouldn't be seeing through them.

I think it can probably be fudged together right now with just the flat, square external walls. But it would look a lot more awesome if there were exterior wall shapes to match what is available for the insides.

At any rate, from quick glance the kit looks great. I have a few more kits I need to work on stuff for before getting to these, but at this point the exterior walls were the only things I saw that I would consider missing. Would LOVE to see them added at some point!

14. Le_Tai

Le_Tai

Click bait. I wonder if this violate some forum rule?

15. DotTeam

DotTeam

Hi Shawn67,

Thank you for buying Kits.
    Right now they are meant for interiors. It is interesting that you are looking for outside pieces, maybe should include exterior parts in my "to do" list.
    Thanks for using Work in Progress thread for support-themed questions.

Kind regards

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  16. FiddelCraft

FiddelCraft

Hello, I have a problem with your "Car Script Basic"... The car is glitching a lot. Do you have any fixes?

17. Gervais60

Gervais60

Hi,
    I have a big problem I am using unity 5.4.0f3 and when I try to import your package "Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit hangars"
    it start to unpack then unity simply froze I have to kill unity I did try deleting the package from my hard drive and reimport from the store but with the same result

if you have a fix or planning to repack the package for unity 5.4.0f3 please respond to this thread

Note: I was able to open the package with previous unity version and like it very much but can't open it in 5.4.0f3!!!!

Thanks

18. dienat

dienat

Hello,

I would like to know about how many fps you get with a modern graphic card (at least a gtx970 or ati 290) running this scifi base you show?

19. DotTeam

DotTeam

Hi,
    Video you see on product page was recorded using GTX 560 TI, on Good quality, with no baking.

20. sancha-km

sancha-km

Buy your asset - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/56427

Unity version 5.4.1

Compile Error:

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/EdgeDetectEffect.cs(7,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ImageEffectBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

21. DotTeam

DotTeam

Hi,

Thanks for buying DotTeam's Asset.

I have had tested it using Unity 5.4.1f1 Personal and there was not any errors.

Testing was done in few situations, they are:
    • Standard Assets are In Project before importing Asset
    • Standard Assets being imported after importing Asset
    • With using of Automatic API Updater
    • Without using of Automatic API Updater
    Considering that error is linked to standard package called Effects, one could suppose, that problem is not directly in the Asset. Instead, maybe it is about compatibility with other components that are used in your project.

Try this link on discussion of similiar problem on Unity3D forum
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/imageeffectbase-in-unity-5.315287/

22. DotTeam

DotTeam

I have got new idea on how to fix this.

Before applying adviced changes, please make sure you have made a copy of Your Project.

Speaking of solution, here are some steps to make:
    • Install it
    • Import Standard Asset package "Effects" into your project
    This is because, maybe there is a conflict between different versions of Standard Asset package "Effects". One is version 5.3.0 that came with Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit hangars and other is 5.4.1 that came with your Unity 3D installer.
    So point of solution is to delete both, and then download fresh package Effects of version 5.4.1.

23. DotTeam

DotTeam

Chapter List

Minor changes for the Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base v2.0 are on the way.
    For example, now there is single material for:
    • Floors
    • FloorFills
    • Handraills
    • Supports
    So UV map for these looks like this

And for:
    • Walls
    • Partitions
    • Partitions2
    • Arches
    • Tubes

Just remodelled:
    • Walls
    • Floors
    • Floor-fills
    • Arches
    • Partitions1
    • Partitions2
    • Stairs
    • Supports
    • Props
    Here are few screenshots:

24. DotTeam

DotTeam

Chapter List

For example, here is WIP of some materials.

25. DotTeam

DotTeam

Chapter List

Here is WIP of some materials.

26. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I love that dark aged looking metal in those shots a LOT better than the bright shiny new chrome looking stuff that is in the current demos. I think it looks awesome! Any chance of getting some console options which we could use a render texture captured from a camera on? I was looking at the consoles which I think are at the end of the bottom level in the one outdoor demo scene but it looks like all four console screens are on the same texture sheet. My thoughts are to use as a monitoring station watching security camera feeds. Maybe just have some similar consoles with 24-32 inch style console screens as another option. I still need to pick up Colony, maybe those type consoles are in there that I could do that with?

Loving the updates! Keep up the awesome work!

DotTeam likes this.
  27. DotTeam

DotTeam

Thanks for the kind words.
    These type of the consoles are in plans, but not yet send for the review by Asset Store Team.

By the way, may I ask what of dark metals You liked the most? The one used on Props, Floors, or Outside walls?

28. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

To be honest, I don't have a preference. The ones used on all three in the spoiler of the post directly above my last one blend so well together. I think you did a great job on all three in those screenshots. If they were setup that way as defaults, I'd end up using them out of the box with no changes at all. One thing that would be nice with your posts is if you use a material set other than the default one in the screenshots would be to list which material set was used.

Btw, I finally picked up colony this morning. Haven't had a chance to import it yet, but looking forward to playing with that new elevator!

Keep up the awesome work!

DotTeam likes this.
  29. DotTeam

DotTeam

Thanks for buying the Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit colony!
    Got info about the materials.

Thanks!

30. DotTeam

DotTeam

Minor changes for the Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit colony are on the way.
    Modifying the textures here.

31. DotTeam

DotTeam

Minor changes for the Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit colony are on the way.
    New look for Walls, Ceilings and other is in progress.

32. DotTeam

DotTeam

Simple texture changes for Doors, Furniture, etc for Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit colony.

33. DotTeam

DotTeam

Simple texture changes for Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit colony - air tunnel and exterior.

34. DotTeam

DotTeam

Adjustments for the new patch are over.
    The #SciFi Heavy Station Kit colony is being prepared for sending to AssetStore Team for Review.
    Video and more sreenshots will be added on @AssetStore page at release.
    It is an #environment kit, with elements of #Stealth and #Comfort.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  35. sauerkraut

sauerkraut

I probably know the answer... your assets are beautiful. I am developing a 2.5D mobile game for reasonably high end devices, and I am eyeing up the Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit colony asset. Because it is a 2.5D game, there will not be a lot of the objects in camera at once compared to a 3D game, and I would not go mad with furniture / props. Have you had any experience with performance on mobile?

DotTeam likes this.
  36. sauerkraut

sauerkraut

Hi DotTeam - I can see you have liked my post above, but are you able to answer my question?- have you any data on performance of your Heavy Station Kit Colony Asset running on mobile platforms? It is acceptable?

37. DotTeam

DotTeam

Thanks for your interest in Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit colony!

I have not experience with performance on mobile.
    However,

1. There is 2 years-old comment on asset store for "base v1.3" that says - "...and with baked lighting and some mesh combining optimization I have it running decent on mobile devices." You can find that comment if sort by "Most helpfull", it is top comment and that line is at the end of it.
    2. After that I've got "base v2" that has combined materials per theme, which means less draw calls and more optimization.
    3. I've got "colony v2" on Asset Store, with all that I've learned included (that is little but still).
    4. Right now I am playing with "hangars" to make "hangars v2" - again, with new mesh, combined materials per theme and new textures.

Hope this does bring a bit of helpful answers.

38. sauerkraut

sauerkraut

Thanks. That does indeed help!

DotTeam likes this.
  39. DotTeam

DotTeam

Going to make a list with Tris count - so anybody interested in performance will get an approximate idea.

40. DotTeam

DotTeam

Chapter List

[ News ] It is Fixed! And New Version 1.1 for hangars was Accepted! post #12
    WIP over Hangars v1.3 to match Base V2 and Colony V2 - post #40 <--- You are here

--------------------------------------------------------

Just a little remake over Hangars v1.3
    to match Base v2 and Colony v2.

41. DotTeam

DotTeam

WIP over Hangars v1.3 to match Base V2 and Colony V2

As "Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base v2" and "colony v2" have got several features, like to reduce drawcalls each theme now uses a single material, PBR look (kinda) was implemented, now same should apply to "hangars" becoming "hangars v2".

Right now it is remodeling stage. Some items got optimized, some redone and some are new. All items are made into general themes, using a single material.
    Walls

Floors

Doors and Elevators

Aggregates

42. DotTeam

DotTeam

Posting new images. If you read next little intro before, then just skip it, and continue to images.

Intro text
    As "Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base v2" and "colony v2" have got several features, like to reduce drawcalls each theme now uses a single material, PBR look (kinda) was implemented, now same should apply to "hangars" becoming "hangars v2".

Right now it is remodeling stage. Some items got optimized, some redone and some are new. All items are made into general themes, using a single material.

Images

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  43. DotTeam

DotTeam

Posting new images. If you read next little intro before, then just skip it, and continue to images.

Intro text

Images

44. DotTeam

DotTeam

Info
    As "Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit Base V2 " and "Colony V2" have got several updates, like to reduce drawcalls each theme now uses a single material, PBR look (kinda) was implemented, now same should apply to "Hangars v1.3" becoming "hangars v2".

Remodeling stage is over. Some items got optimized, some redone and some are new. All items are made into general themes, using a single material.

The test scene was set up to become a foundation for a demo scene.

Images

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  45. DotTeam

DotTeam

Info
    Trying hand at texturing Hangars v2.

As "Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit Base V2 " and "Colony V2" have got several features, like to reduce drawcalls each theme now uses a single material, PBR look (kinda) was implemented, now same should apply to "Hangars v1.3" becoming "hangars v2".

Remodeling stage is over. Some items got optimized, some redone and some are new. All items are made into general themes, using a single material.

Images

46. DotTeam

DotTeam

Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit hangars v2 was sent for review!

As "Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit Base V2 " and "Colony V2" have got several features, like to reduce drawcalls each theme now uses a single material, PBR look (kinda) was implemented, now same should apply to "Hangars v1.3" becoming "hangars v2".

I welcome you first to watch promo video, and after take a look at screenshots!
    Last let's go to website - for well presented promo materials, and all the info about new version.
    In case you would like know more here, then I'll post description at the end of this post.

Screenshots are here!

The description is under spoiler:
    It is a series of modular artistic kits, and the pieces of one kit are compatible with another kit, within Sci-Fi Heavy Station series.

944 prefabs if combined with Sci-Fi Heavy Station Kit base & colony.
    337 meshes/269 prefabs if standalone.

There are small modular kits within this Kit included:
    - New Modular rail system with crane
    - New Modular small pipelines
    - New Modular big pipelines
    - New Modular energy barrier-wall
    - New Modular stairs for outside

New themes in Hangars v2 (143 new prefabs total):
    - Aggregates2
    - Garage
    - Outside
    - Top-Down2

New PBR-like materials are coming with:
    - up to 4k textures
    - Metallic map
    - Height map
    - AO map
    - and ID map.

Misc
    New animated mesh for Gateway
    New animated textures for Displays
    Added basic LODs that are:
    - contain two to three steps of super quickly decimated meshes
    - distances are set super quickly
    - made into prefabs
    - demo scenes are built with simple mesh

MODELING
    A new look for old objects. New objects were added to expand your opportunities for creative development.

MAPPING
    To reduce drawcalls, most models were packaged into themes. Each theme uses a single material. Some UVs have a bit of free space, which has been reserved for future updates (thus adding new objects will not require additional materials).

TEXTURING
    All the materials now have Metallic, Height and Occlusion maps.

SCRIPTING
    Earlier scripts have been corrected and expanded upon, and for widening the possibilities of the kit, new scripts have been created.
    On how to properly install Heavy Station Kit, please check this PDF at http://dotteam.pro/pdf/DotHSK_InstallationNotes.pdf

17 themes total, covering:
    - Aggregates, Ballons and Cables, Cargocase, Consoles, Rail and Crane modular system, Reactor and Server
    - Aggregates2 are huge single, dual and trio Pipes, Flat reactor, Huge barrels with various pipes
    - Arches are three types of L shaped design elements, with customizable solid and/or transparent pieces
    - Door and Gate
    - Elevator
    - Floors come as Floor Frames in sizes of 10 and 5 metres. There are also two types of narrow Transition elements and four types of Hand-rails. To increase visual interest, there are solid and transparent Floor Fill pieces to fit in floor frames.
    - Garage are modular pieces for vehicle with wheels. Around that can be placed special maintenance platforms and with ladder for humans to get up. Also theme has own console and aggregate.
    - Outside has modular energy barrier with intent for placing around the base. Also huge stairs, animated radar, cone-shaped station.
    - Gateway are room-scaled areas for vehicles, with full-sized animated gates.
    - Pipelines1 are new small modular pipelines
    - Pipelines2 looks like ones in Base v2, but now they are modular
    - Props are small and medium barrels, small battery, small to medium to big boxes, and small but narrow and long box that can be stacked on itself in pyramid form
    - Supports are used to enhance heavy look of the base, and they fit into special slot in Floor Frame pieces
    - Top Bottom are used to increase visual depth of the level when needed, and they come in three different pieces
    - Top-Down has four types of walls for outside, and elements to close gaps for Top-Down use
    - Top-Down2 has new supports for outside that strenghten visual look, three additional walls for outside, and pieces for Top-Down use
    - Walls has 5 and 10 metres elements, flat and L and C shaped, with openings for doors, gates and windows

Room-sized gateways allows various vehicles to let in, then heavy cranes do the unload process. Meanwhile, in narrow, 5 metres in width corridors, aggregates are working full throttle, and a web of modular pipelines is leading the eye into the depths of the station.

Documentation is at http://dotteam.pro/pdf/Heavy_Station_Kit_hangars2.pdf

hjohnsen and juris3d_unity like this.
  47. juris3d_unity

juris3d_unity

Congrats on big update!

DotTeam likes this.
  48. DotTeam

DotTeam

Thank You!
    Your support means a lot!

49. DotTeam

DotTeam

Dear Mr. Hudson,

I am writing with regard to slow acceleration behavior of the vehicle, that you are experiencing when using Car Script basic.

This happens because, like you suggested, the mass of the vessel is too high, for it to accelerate faster.

Therefore i would like you to set the mass of the vehicle to a lower number.
    Changing top speed and acceleration separately was not intended with this Product.

Thank you for using Car Script Basic!
    I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience!

Yours sincerely,
    DotTeam

"This message is composed as the answer to e-mail, which got an adress bugged by Outlook, and therefore there are no means to make an appropriate reply."

50. Deleted User

Deleted User

created this long post about color id maps..
    then just read your notes above..

let me know, when those are ready!! :)

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2019
    DotTeam likes this.