Search Unity

Particlis goes off screen stay alive

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by thegdeveloper, Aug 22, 2014.

1. thegdeveloper

thegdeveloper

Hi, I am using the Shuriken particle system and I have a problem. When I instantiate a particle near the camera and go over it before it is finished when i tern the camera the particle reappears. Is it a bug or I am missing something with the properties?

2. secondbreakfast

secondbreakfast

It's not a bug. Each particle has a life duration to it. You can shorten the particle life and it will die quicker.

3. thegdeveloper

thegdeveloper

life duration had nothing to do with the problems, Even if I leave the particle system for a minute behind me when I turn it reappears. I solved the problem by turning from local space to world space. I do not know how it works but it does

4. secondbreakfast

secondbreakfast

World space will generate particles as if they were game objects that were at the top level of the hierarchy. Local space will generate particles as if they were game objects with the same parent as the particle system. So if it generated a particle in local space, if you move the parent game object, it will also move the particles with it. If you generate particles in World space they will fall where they are even if you move the parent object.

5. thegdeveloper

thegdeveloper

yes I know all of that, I just do not know why the local space created the problem