Search Unity

Tactical Shooter AI - Asset Store Pack

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by squared55, Mar 2, 2015.

1. squared55

squared55

After so many seconds of losing LoS, they'll return to their idle behaviors. If this happens to be a search behavior, they will investigate your last known position.

2. Superjayjay

Superjayjay

I have to say, this looks like its going to be the best AI asset for unity hands down. Can't wait to play around with it :)

3. squared55

squared55

Thanks!

I looked into it, but the Unity navmesh is more deeply entwined into the system than I thought it was. I don't think I'll be able to add alternate pathfinding support for the initial release, but it might be added later on. :)

4. Razmot

Razmot

Yeah that happened to others packages too - and if you can't refactor, maybe you can document where the navmesh is in use. I must admit I prefer refactoring myself :)

5. Licarell

Licarell

This future package I think would be a good fit for Paragon AI and the folks who want a procedural built at runtime solution.
    Dungeon Architect

6. unitywlp

unitywlp

Hi
    can you make it compatible for playmaker or make it accessible from editor

7. squared55

squared55

Hmm, that's interesting. If I add support for alternate pathfinding systems, that should be supported too.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "accessible from the editor." You can adjust most of the public variables on each component from the editor.

8. unitywlp

unitywlp

Hi
    i mean the functions for the ai to behave in that way if every function was accessible from editor in such a way to be able to modify the ai behaviour of the agent in the game.
    or else pls try to make actions for the playmaker.
    thanks

9. IrishDev

IrishDev

Hi Squared55,
    Do you have an estimation as to when you assets will be available on the asset store?

squared55 likes this.
  10. squared55

squared55

The first release of the asset is done. All that's left is asset store publishing.

11. Licarell

Licarell

Awesome... so how will we Shooter AI folks handle this?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    squared55 and hopeful like this.
  12. squared55

squared55

As I understand it, any account with a Shooter AI license will automatically be offered the upgrade price.

mkgm likes this.
  13. daisySa

daisySa

I'm a little late to the party, only just found out about this asset via the release notes for UFPS 1.5.1. I vote for code comments!

Looking forward to this asset, looks like the first fully-baked Mecanim AI solution on the store.

squared55 likes this.
  14. yunspace

yunspace

I happen to stumbled across to this thread after reading the UFPS 1.5.1 release notes. Relieved to know that I will have the option to upgrade from my existing Shooter AI license.

I would vote for Youtube videos for short highlevel tutorials, and code comments to get more in-depth understanding.

squared55 likes this.
  15. sluice

sluice

Do we know the upgrade price?

squared55 likes this.
  16. squared55

squared55

Currently we're thinking somewhere between $5-$15.

mkgm, hopeful and RoyalAllen like this.
  17. radiantboy

radiantboy

This looks excellent, I have tried all the AIs out there and was always looking for smart AI which is easily integrated with UFPS. I will be interested in getting this for sure.

squared55 likes this.
  18. mkgm

mkgm

I can wait ....

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    squared55 likes this.
  19. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

Hi squared55 this looks great i wanted this

squared55 likes this.
  20. squared55

squared55

Sorry it's taking so long to release... let's just say art isn't my strong suit.

radiantboy likes this.
  21. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

As a future owner of your asset (as I own Shooter AI and will "upgrade") I do not want you to hurry. I don't care when you release your asset other than "when it's done". I don't want something buggy just because you had a few people tell you to hurry up.

22. squared55

squared55

While waiting for some other things, I modified the loss of awareness system a bit. Now, the agents will know exactly where a target is until the target moves a given distance from the last position in which they were seen by the agent. That way, they won't forget about a player if they just crouch behind a wall, but won't track them if they run all the way to the other side of the map without being seen.

In theory, at least. :)

Superjayjay and hopeful like this.
  23. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

Very good and that it will seen in the last place, and then he returns to patrol? by what I saw in the test, I have to come up straight
    They will have some sort of presence sensor? it would be nice

24. unitywlp

unitywlp

how about making it more non programmer friendly mean while it gets released

25. Eknoes

Eknoes

Any news on release date?

26. squared55

squared55

Sorry guys, I've been really busy lately with non-AI stuff. Hopefully I can finish up the asset store stuff soon.

27. Axid02

Axid02

Saw "Paragon AI" within Shooter AI asset on the Unity Asset store uploaded today, is this Paragon AI?

squared55 likes this.
  28. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

I wondered the same thing, Gateway Games is closing indefinitely after releasing Shooter AI 3.0. Shooter AI customers will get a discount for Paragon AI to compensate. Full details in this post in the Shooter AI thread.

squared55 likes this.
  29. squared55

squared55

No, it's not. The art was swapped as a result of a miscommunication, it'll be switched back ASAP. I apologize for the confusion. That said, Paragon AI will be released under the Gateway Games account in order to facilitate an easy upgrade process.

The asset store page is pretty much done, I just need to finalize the package. I'll need to run some testing to ensure that things haven't been broken with any last minute changes.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    julianr, RoyalAllen, tw3sth and 3 others like this.
  30. Superjayjay

Superjayjay

Looks beautiful :)

squared55 likes this.
  31. RoyalAllen

RoyalAllen

So @squared55 It's going to be using Legacy or Mecanim?
    Looking very well done. Played the demos I like there aggression on pursuing the player

squared55 likes this.
  32. squared55

squared55

Paragon AI uses mecanim, but supports both humanoid and generic rigs.

RoyalAllen likes this.
  33. RoyalAllen

RoyalAllen

Awesome @squared55 !
    Last question is will it be customizable? Like Ai assist you in battle? .Thanks for the quick reply.

squared55 likes this.
  34. squared55

squared55

Yes, you can have the AI fight on the same team as the player.

RoyalAllen likes this.
  35. squared55

squared55

Probably the last demo: <Broken Link>

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    elias_t and julianr like this.
  36. julianr

julianr

Looks good.. press the submit button to asset store now :)

squared55 likes this.
  37. Superjayjay

Superjayjay

Demo looks great ! I only spotted one bug/weird behavior: sometimes enemies remain unaware of your presence despite the fact that their companion(s) right next to them are shooting at you. One would expect the shots to get their attention and make them look at where his companions are shooting ahah. Other than that, I'm sold :)

squared55 likes this.
  38. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

You need to throw a vp_spawner on them. I like how their helmets fall off when I stab them. They aim a little odd when they are right up on you. They get too close, so it looks wierd. Also, the accuracy is crazy.

squared55 likes this.
  39. julianr

julianr

I'd imagine that you can adjust the accuracy settings?

squared55 likes this.
  40. squared55

squared55

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Of course. :)

I'm going to give the demo a few tweaks. The way the agents contort when up-close should be fixed.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    julianr likes this.
  41. julianr

julianr

can you set a max distance that they arrive to the player?

42. julianr

julianr

sorry, forgot to add.. any plans on adding melee for AI? I know its Shooter AI, but a one stop solution for both would be awesome, even if the AI run out of Ammo they could use un-armed combat or the end of the weapon.

43. squared55

squared55

You mean like a distance at which point the agents will stop moving towards the player? Yes, although the player can close the distance. Also, "tactical" agents will ignore this as they may need to pass close by the player to reach cover.

Melee is already supported, it's just not in the demos because I don't have any melee animations. They currently can't run out of ammo and charge the player, though.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    julianr likes this.
  44. julianr

julianr

I mean, for example.. AI run up to you and hit you with a melee weapon or punch you. They stop within a distance of running up to you, so they do not get too close and you start seeing inside their mesh. Stopping distance between AI and the player before running the melee animation and applying damage. But you've answered my question below.

It would also be good at some point if its not already supported to provide a weapons system for the AI so they can be assigned 2-3 weapons or more, plus un-armed combat. They switch weapons based on either no ammo, or choose to use a long range weapon if the player is out of short range weapons. Opting for either a grenade, or rocket launcher, or sniper rifle and only shoot using that weapon within the specified range of their chosen target (nearest or random within range). If this is not on the to-do list, no worries I'm sure I could add it in at some point.

squared55 likes this.
  45. mkgm

mkgm

Squared55
    For melee animations you can use any animation from MIXAMO. They are offering all/any animation free (gratis).

squared55 likes this.
  46. julianr

julianr

Its limited in their licence that you can only use it in games, not 3rd party products.

squared55 likes this.
  47. squared55

squared55

Alright, just submitted it to the asset store!

48. squared55

squared55

Also, I haven't set up the discounted upgrade price for Shooter AI users yet. So if it gets released on the asset store and you don't see the upgrade price immediately, don't worry. Again, the upgrade will cost somewhere between $5-$15 (before VAT, if applicable).

docsavage, Axid02 and mkgm like this.
  49. julianr

julianr

Awesome! Nice work!! Look forward to using it.

50. Liviades

Liviades

Nice to hear that!
    Do you know when It`s going to be visible on the Asset?
    Thanks in advance!