Search Unity

[Released] nGUI to Unity4.6 UI System Converter - Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mamoniem, Mar 3, 2015.

1. mamoniem

mamoniem

Hey Hey, I came back again; this time in a short period with even more exciting editor tool!
    Want to Use the new UISystem presented by Unity starting Unity4.6?

Or you are planning to switch your project to Unity 5.0 to make use of it’s awesome coming features, and would like to use it’s awesome optimized UISystem?
    With nGUI to Unity UISystem (for short nGUI to uUI) you will be able to convert all your Widgets, Panels, Atlases & Sprites within one click to a Unity UISystem ones.

Just few clicks, and few seconds is your distance between converting a NGUI based project Into Unity new UI system project. And defiantly UnityEngine.UI is the future of UI design in Unity games.
    *Features:
    – Full extendable & organized C# source code.
    – Convert the nGUI atlas to a Unity Atlas.
    – Convert all the nGUI sprites into Unity sprites.
    – Automatic cropping, naming and slicing for all the sprites.
    – Convert all the NGUI widgets into a UnityEngine.UI widgets. That includes (UIWedgit, UIButton, UILabel, UIInput, UISprite, UIToggles, UISLider, UIProgressbar).
    – Convert any multi widget structure.
    – Fit All the original widgets positions.
    – Convert some custom components (like the colored sliders, Typewriter,..etc) to an alternative UnityEngine.UI friendly ones.
    – Convert all the widgets at once or one by one.
    – Multi types of atlas conversions.
    *Limitations:
    – No Logic conversion & no Events will be assigned
    – It should run with the latest ngui or at least 3.7.8 (or earlier version that have no major API changes).
    – the UILabels which set to Automatic, it’s result is not expected (80% correct).
    *On the road:
    – UIPopupList, UIDrag, UIDragResiz, Toggle groups support.
    – BBCode & Emoticons support.
    – OTF font files support.

The AssetStore Link

-m

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    TokyoDan likes this.
  2. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

The Asset Store link takes me to some AI Asset. And I searched fro this but it is not found.

3. mamoniem

mamoniem

Should be online within a day or too, I finished it few weeks ago but was testing it, and I submitted to the assetstore team few days ago.

4. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

I took my asset over a month to get on the store AFTER submission. So you (we) could be in for a long wait.

5. mamoniem

mamoniem

it is passed in the dashboard o_O and I copied the link from the dashboard :D but it still broken!

-m

6. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

There is another asset I tried to look at and it took me to PlayMaker instead. So I imagine there are more with broken URLs. I guess the Asset Store is a bit messed up right now. Especially since Unity added that special (free or heavily discounted) option for Unity 5 Pro licensees.

mamoniem likes this.
  7. mamoniem

mamoniem

Hahah, the GDC week have always been hard time for everyone ^_^ lots of work, crunch & mess :D

But it looks like they came to the track again, the thread have been moved to a new assetstore sub-forum ;)
    -m

8. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

Still no sign of it in the Asset Store

9. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

Any news of this? I'm beginning to think that this is just vaporware.

10. mamoniem

mamoniem

noth
    nothing yet, once I see the page working I'll poke you here ;)
    At the meantime, I'll do record some video for it ^_^

-m

11. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

Thanks. I was beginning to worry that this wasn't for real because you haven't been yelling about this situation. I would contact the Asset Store and ask what their problem is. Sometimes I get the feeling that that part of Unity is not up to usual Unity high standard.

12. mamoniem

mamoniem

hahaha, I'll upload videos tonight to make it more real :D sorry for that; but trying to balance between my job, plugins, personal games, and engines tools.

-m

13. imtrobin

imtrobin

This sounds very exciting. Is there any limitations on the conversion? All the tweening setup will be converted correctly?

14. mamoniem

mamoniem

The page is up & working, Videos being uploaded now to youtube, and will be posted within 30 min.

Thanks for waiting, grab it and ENJOY!
    -m

15. mamoniem

mamoniem

Here is the videos, and you can find them on the first post as well:

-m

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    TokyoDan likes this.
  16. mamoniem

mamoniem

Ah, second (and most important) one:

-m

17. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

very valuable asset for me!!!

18. mamoniem

mamoniem

Glad to know :)

-m

19. mamoniem

mamoniem

Thanks for purchasing...

-m

20. creat327

creat327

man I fyou had one for ezgui to ugui...

21. PabloAM

PabloAM

Looks awesome plugin.

I have a game almost done, with los of scrolls and UIPopupList.

Do you have a estimate time to release with those features?

Thanks!

22. mamoniem

mamoniem

Sorry, not at the near future. Because the tool took long time to be made to reach this level, and at the end neither lots of people purchase, nor Unity technologies cared about it or featured it; so it ended up as another unlucky time waste [DISAPPOINTING]!

I decided to give it a low priority, for now taking much care to ship my Steam games ASAP and finish writing my second book.

Once I finish those stuff, If nothing came on the road, I'll start adding new features to the tool.

But one thing to mention, the base of the popup lists is already there, and there were a guy sent me an email before that he implemented it himself (the huge part already within the package)

Best,
    -m

23. HappiPlay

HappiPlay

Hey may your asset price too rich....
    But I want to know is your tool support nugi 2.x???We had several old games need to be convert ....

24. NeoProfZ

NeoProfZ

Question from another prospective buyer:

I noticed in the requirements for nGUI to uUI you mention that nGUI should be "at least 3.7.8 (or earlier version that have no major API changes)."

I'm currently using 3.4.9 on my project. I did take the time to look at the release notes for the versions between 3.4.9 and 3.7.8 and while I didn't see anything particularly bad I wanted to make sure. Do you think there would be any problems with 3.4.9? (Just to clarify I'd be using your tool for atlas and basic widget conversion, nothing fancy).

25. mamoniem

mamoniem

As long as the API is the same, there isn't a problem. Personally I didn't check the earlier APIs, and thats why I've noted this note, to let people know which version of nGUI I used to build the converter.

-m

26. mamoniem

mamoniem

New version going out soon :)

-m

27. SentreStage

SentreStage

Did you just stop working on this? My boss just spent $55 on this and it doesn't even work.

If you're not going to fix your product so that it works, you need to remove it from sale on the asset store. Leaving it up there is just like picking peoples pockets.

28. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

Lately the Asset Store is like the iTunes App Store...lots of people are dumping junk on there trying to make a quick buck. Also I'm getting sick of all the simple art assets. I wish there were more good tools. I wish they'd split the Asset Store into one for Art assets, and one for everything else.

29. mamoniem

mamoniem

Well, looks like the curse of the "Industry new comers" is here as well.

Anyways, to clear things out. When couple of beginners don't know how to evaluate a produce before purchasing it, it is not our problem. But when they don't know how to sue it, we are all ears!

It have always been clear, that the tool has limitations, and a base version of NGUI to work with, if you didn't read this section (here, and at the store), and you just purchase, then it is your problem that you don't know how to buy a digital product!

The tool is not a junk, at least the "Thank you" emails describes that. Or you can easily navigate to the FB page or such, and you can get an idea about how much the tool helped people to move their projects smoothly to the new UI system! and how much people started to contribute in the tool to expand it..

My advice, is, just go ahead, and learn some basics of unity and how to of the assetstore, before getting into tough topic like developing a game!

one last thing, I do always support my tools :)

-m

30. mamoniem

mamoniem

Hey Dan, please grow up, not everyone is looking for easy money like ye!

One of the (~100) emails, for people who can't provide money for any of my tools, and I'm not only giving a per seat copy, but also office permission! It never been about money!

-m