Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ORK Okashi RPG Kit for Unity released

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamingislove, Nov 7, 2010.

1. drewradley

drewradley

Can someone remind me ORK 1 chance settings... is it under or over the target?

2. Catacomber

Catacomber

If I could help you I would but I can't. I'm not sure what you mean but I'm positive gamingislove will know.

There's a new version of Unity out 4.3.2 and it works fine with ORK1. : ) I'm sure it works fine with ORK2 also. It fixes Mac build problems but doesn't address iOS 7 issues yet--hopefully they'll get there. You can fix ios7 build issues in xCode but it would be nice if you could just build for iOS7. Waiting patiently.

3. gamingislove

gamingislove

@drewradley
    It's under ... e.g. a hit chance of 70 % would be hitting from 0 to 70 (including), everything above is missed :)

4. drewradley

drewradley

Thanks! That's what I thought but couldn't find confirmation anywhere and didn't feel like digging through the code. :)

5. gamingislove

gamingislove

Official release news

ORK Framework 2.0.0 is now feature complete - I'll be testing on the supported platforms in the next days (i.e. PC, Mac, Web Player, iOS and Android).
    Release: next week

The last added feature (as mentioned earlier):
    You can now automatically update scenes and prefabs when saving the project. Of course that's only done if relevant data has been modified (like moving an item in the list).

6. Catacomber

Catacomber

Very exciting. Thank you for how well ORK works! I'm so happy with I and eager to use II as soon as I can. You've been wonderfully responsive as well as productive and I think we all thank you for that.

7. cynel

cynel

sweet cant wait for next week.

8. gamingislove

gamingislove

New game tutorial

Finally, concluding the menu tutorials: >click<
    Adding a more detailed status screen with multiple pages (i.e. 2 pages), and some insight on general menu settings.

The next game tutorial will cover the first quest - so it's getting serious with game variables and stuff :D

9. David5988

David5988

Now I'm using ORK Framework.

Question: When testing the characters animation, the Idle doesn't loop, but the walking animation loops.
    What's wrong?

$60km.jpg

Also, the idle animation of my NPC doesn't loop. :S

10. gamingislove

gamingislove

@David5988
    Animation looping isn't done in ORK Framework - ORK only plays the animations.
    You need to set up the loop in the animation itself (usually found on your model's inspector).

11. David5988

David5988

I was setting a simple dialog with a NPC using the Interaction Controler (like the tutorials), but I also wanted to incorporate portraits. Set it in Gui Boxes, Events and Combants and nothing appears. Can you help me?

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am now handling the cut scenes in my game (ORK 1)

I have a question, what file should i change to add a "follow path" for camera event step, without breaking ORK ?

It would be nice if i could just add more options to handle the camera in a curvy way :) because my cut scenes feel a bit "rectangular" right now, in the sense that the start/end is very felt as a stoping, rather than a temporal hover near the target

The other solution would be to use an external package and only call ORK events for dialogs, but that would be a lot of work and very confusing in the end, i would rather have it all in one solution

Also, can i have two events running at the same time ? Say i want an object to move behind the talking hero at the same time he speaks, with another move event

EDIT: A 3rd solution would be to parent the camera to a dummy object moving on a curve and enable the object just before parenting, so they get synchronized, using a wait in ORK steps until the motion ends (or synch mid steps as the camera moves). I guess that is a mid road solution and probably easier than editing ORK code, but a bit tricky to synchronize i suppose

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  13. gamingislove

gamingislove

Official release news

I'm currently working on setting up everything for the release - everything should be ready by tomorrow!

@David5988
    I'd need some details on your setup ...

@nasos_333
    You can use the 'Send Message' and 'Broadcast Message' steps to call a function on a component - this way you can use any kind of external package in the event system.
    Yes, you can have multiple events running at the same time - but only one event with 'Block Controls' enabled.

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

I see, so i could just call a function that moves the camera with the outside script inside the event.

Very nice info, thanks :)

15. gazebo

gazebo

Finally!! Can't wait!

16. cynel

cynel

Finally

17. gamingislove

gamingislove

Tomorrow it is

Official release will be tomorrow (in about 24 hours) - unless something goes terribly wrong :D
    Those of you who own the Full licence will also gain code access to the gameplay related code (editor and core functionality will remain closed source).

@nasos_333
    Yup, that's correct :)

18. David5988

David5988

What option should I enable in the inspector to loop the animation (in this case the Idle) on battle and field?

Also, when the enemy dies it doesn't play the death animation,

19. cynel

cynel

thats good to hear

20. gamingislove

gamingislove

And that's it ... ORK Framework is officially released!

>Release notes<
    >Thread in Unity forums<

When updating from a beta-version project, please follow this >how-to<.

All who already had full access to the beta will receive the update via email shortly!

And now, let's return this thread to ORK 1 and MSE support :D
    Please put everything ORK Framework related into the >new thread<.

@David5988
    There should be a Loop option somewhere in your animations ...
    Did you set up a death animation and create a battle event that plays it (and added it to the combatant)?
    Also you most likely need to stop all other animations on a combatant before playing the death animation.

21. cynel

cynel

Finally its out

22. Jelly-Paladin

Jelly-Paladin

The long-awaited time is here. :D Congratulations on another successful release, gamingislove!

23. drewradley

drewradley

S***. All my ORK 1 data reset to default. Randomly. Tested it and it worked fine. Did nothing but change a texture and suddenly all my data is gone. THIS SUCKS!

24. Catacomber

Catacomber

@drewradley----I hope you have a backup! Something like that has happened to me --I don't remember what one thing I was doing----and if I didn't have one I'd be lost.

@gamingislove----Congratulations! I wish ORK2 all the best and can't wait to start working with it. Thanks for all your help as well.

25. gamingislove

gamingislove

@drewradley
    Did you change a texture in the ORK editors and click on save? Usually there can't be any data change without saving ...
    Did you get any error messages?
    Maybe you've accidentally moved the resources folder (or the project settings) - if ORK can't find the data it'll start with a fresh set of data.

26. drewradley

drewradley

Had a slightly out of date back up I used to replace all the XML files. Better than trying to reproduce everything!
    No errors, just gone. I changed the texture on a script on one of my ORK prefabs. I had just tested it, noticed I had the incorrect texture, stopped, put the right texture on the script and hit play and it told me I needed to assign a character. I looked in the ORK Project Editor and everything was gone! The strange thing is it looked like the XML files were still intact when I opened them up. They just didn't seem to be registering with ORK and the only way to fix them was to replace them all. I don't think anything got moved since I replaced them in the same folder and it started working again.

edit: you're right... something did get moved! Duplicated actually. I had two project setting folders and one of them was outside the resources.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  27. gamingislove

gamingislove

Strange ... so you where able to get your old settings back?

28. drewradley

drewradley

Yeah, I just removed the bad one and put the good one back where it belonged and everything works. I must have accidentally dragged that folder out of the resources folder and when I hit play, it created a new one with blank data. In any case this is clearly a case of "user error". :oops:

Thanks!

29. gamingislove

gamingislove

I'm just glad you didn't waste your project because of some stupid bug :D

30. drewradley

drewradley

Me too!

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Congratulations on the release of ORK Framework.

Your system is trully a masterpiece, i keep throwing ideas at it and it just works :) and that is just ORK1 i am working with :)

To a question. I try to do a skill learn in code (not in event) and if the skill is not already in the hero list of "to learn" skills in the project settings (charatcer sheet), i get an error when i try to use the skill.

Do i have to do something extra to get to learn and use a skill in code that is not predefined to be learned at a set level in project sheet ?

In code i get the player character from the party struct and call the LearnSkill function at the hero current level (skill ID, hero level), the skill is not in the charatcer sheet in the project settings. Then i try to use the skill and i get an out of bounds error in CanUse function in Skill.cs

Thanks in advance for any help and clarification

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  32. gamingislove

gamingislove

Using LearnSkill(int id, int lvl) is correct, but you need to call GetSkills() afterwards to update the skill list.
    You should be able to use the skill after that :)

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

34. Xardyon

Xardyon

Need some help right quick my Character spawns twice in the scene. Visually there is only one character on screen but in my equipment menu it shows 2 of the same combatants. please help thanx

35. Shadow_Fire

Shadow_Fire

Xardyon, it might be because you have two start events executed at the same time. Check to see if you have one start event in the scene and the other start event in the main menu setting. If you do, delete either one and that should solve it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  36. Xardyon

Xardyon

yep just trying to understand how the quick game testing thing works and it ended up kinda confusing me but alls well now thanx shadow

37. Catacomber

Catacomber

Has anyone used the latest version of Unity with ORK1 or 2? This is one time I've hesitated to update cause I'm in the middle of a project and noted some comments in the Unity forum that some people are having some trouble with the latest version. It seems to be a whopper of a download for one thing. I'm using 4.3.2.f1. New version is 4.3.3.

http://unity3d.com/search?refinement=forum&gq=4.3.3

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  38. gamingislove

gamingislove

I haven't had a problem with it yet ... neither with ORK 1 or 2.

39. Catacomber

Catacomber

Thanks. Yup! Installed and everything's fine. : ) Running well on ios.

40. Xardyon

Xardyon

When exiting game application does not close any reason why this might be happening?

41. gamingislove

gamingislove

On which platform is this happening?
    The Exit button in the main menu is simply using Unity's quit function.

42. ncho

ncho

Hi, I just bought ORK and been following the tutorials and everything is working nicely so far, however now I am trying to adapt everything so that I can use the Ultimate FPS controller as the player combatant and have it be a first person game, basically. But due to the seemingly roundabout way that ORK spawns the player character and also due to me being completely new to Unity, I can't figure out how to make it work. I'm not sure in which way to attach UFPS' camera/controller scripts.

Could anyone kindly enlighten me? Thank you very much!

43. gamingislove

gamingislove

Well, depends on if this is in ORK 1 or ORK Framework (aka ORK 2).

In ORK Framework, you can use any kind of control easily - you'll find details in this >how-to<.
    Also, please use the >ORK Framework thread< for future questions (on ORK Framework) :)

In ORK 1, it's not that simple ... you'd need to do some scripting to bring your scripts to work with ORK's game mode, you can find details in the >ORK Wiki<.

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Where does ORK keep the save files ?

EDIT: Ok, i found it :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  45. gamescorpion

gamescorpion

Hi all, new here, just purchased ORK 2 :) Really excited to start on something!

God Bless!

Nav

46. U2

U2

Hello,

Fantastic asset! I have run into a little bit of a configuration problem and was wondering if the dev or anyone could help. Basically in my game I am using the turn based battle system and for those battles I want them to happen in a different part of my scene in set arenas. So I changed the simpleStart event to move the arena waypoint to where I would like my battle to take place which works great. The problem I have run into is on completion, victory etc.. I am having a hard time figuring out how to return the player to where they initialized the battle in the original world area. I was wondering if anyone knows how I might accomplish this? As a side note unless I am totally missing something having an option in the battle positions section of the framework to set a default battle position in world space for something like this would be really nice. As it is it seems by default it uses the intialization location then sets the player positions for that spot. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

47. Griever_GF

Griever_GF

Hello, I have a couple of questions about ORK 1.2.7 events
    1) How to destroy a game object (actor or prefab) during an event? I tried "DESTROY PREFAB", but without success ("SPAWN PREFAB" works ok)
    2) How to start a turn-based battle immediately during an event? E.g. after some dialogs?