Search Unity

[ON $20 SALE!✅]Infinigrass-GPU Optimized Interactive Grass-Trees-Meshes,work on mobile,HDRP-URP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Sep 1, 2015.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Magic forest, using InfiniGRASS

If the grass is not ungrown, it does show in play mode ?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  2. _invalidusername

_invalidusername

Yes, if I don't use the ungrow in editor it shows normally in play mode

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am not sure why this may happen as i cannot recreate it. I have recorded a video that shows the use of two managers and an indication of how the editor view distance and LOD distances work as the camera moves and i hope this helps further.

I can also Skype in and debug it if all else fail. I am uploading the videos asap.

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

There are a few parameters you may also check out

1. Increase the Grass fade distance
    2. When painting, increase the LOD distance (Close) and put all other distances higher (one higher than the other and Cutoff highest)
    3. Make sure the "Grass grabbed-ungrown grass" and "Grass rand min scale" are both set to 1
    4. After pressing "Ungrow" make sure the Grow gradually (play mode) if off
    5. Make sure the terrain has a collider when entering play mode
    6. Disable "Clean up low blade count" and "Avoid own collider" in the brush settings (near end)

Also you can try to enable the Grow gradually system and see if that fixes it

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is the video with two managers, i added a 2ond one and entered play mode with both grown and then with both ungrown. Also i move the camera in editor to show how the LOD works (grass disappears in the left isle as it moves away from the camera).

And one more where i re-grow grass and paint flowers then ungrow again

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  6. _invalidusername

_invalidusername

Thanks Nasos I'll have a look today to see if I can get around the issue

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Let me know for any further help.

Another suggestion is to also get in the demo scene and check the real time painting works and also add a 2ond Grass Manager there and see if it works. This way you can verify if there is something scene specific that created the issue for example or a general issue.

8. _invalidusername

_invalidusername

So I've spent most of today messing around with this and I'm still having major performance issues.

I've setup a new project with infinigrass being the only library imported. I setup my terrain and paint a small amount of grass

The performance issues are most noticeable after I've entered play mode, when I got back to the editor it's extremely laggy, especially while adding new grass. The grass density is fairly low, I've reduced the grass render distance in the editor down to the minimum usable amount but the issue is still there. While painting grass Unity becomes super laggy and often eventually crashes

The other big problem is if I select the grass patch in the heirarchy, Unity freezes for a couple of minutes and then crashes. Activity monitor shows the CPU usage at 100% before the crash. When I have managed to paint a decent amount of grass, if I close the scene and try reopen it Unity freezes and eventually crashes

I've messed around in the demo scene and have the same issue; once I've painted a fair amount of grass the editor becomes unusable and/or crashes

I don't really have any more time to try find a solution to this, I have a presentation on Wednesday and need to have selected a grass solution before then, so if possible could I get a refund. I know it's most likely something on my specific setup that's causing the issue because everyone else using this asset seems to be having great success, but I'm not going to be able to use it on the project I purchased it for and I don't have any more time to try find whats causing the issue

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I can offer a refund if the system is not working on your system, send me a PM with the invoice and i will start the procedure.

If you like i could send over also a patch for the system with one tweak that may fix this issue, to check if it works and let me know, so i can help other users with similar issue.

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

New work on using Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.3 with InfiniGRASS

InfiniGRASS can optimize any item and speeds up customized trees rendering and enchances visual quality to the max with full shadows, translucency and extreme view distances (no more nose distance billboards or vast draw call numbers)

Also some features to better control the tree case will be added in the coming v1.5 (like lerp to a custom vector in addition to the normal based rotation etc)

erichkr likes this.
  11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some WIP on using InfiniGRASS with Blacksmith setting. This will be base for testing the full automatic planting module.

Also i noticed that there is a bug when re-setting LODs for items that are then ungrown. The setting goes to the batchers, but not in the grass grower sources, thus when grass is ungrown the batchers go away and are recreated with the previous LODs that are still in the grass grower scripts.

A quick fix is to add the below lines in 3042 line in InfiniGRASSManagerEditor.cs script, to apply the LODs to the grass growers, right below where the "Set LOD" button goes through the grass patches in a for loop and assing the LODs to their Batchers.
    Code (csharp):
    2. script.Grasses [i].LOD_distance = script.LOD_distance;
    3. script.Grasses [i].LOD_distance1 = script.LOD_distance1;
    4. script.Grasses [i].LOD_distance2 = script.LOD_distance2;
    5. script.Grasses [i].Cutoff_distance = script.Cutoff_distance;
    I can also send a link to the hotfix for this issue on demand right away.

erichkr likes this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The fix for the ungrown grass LOD re-definition and many more tweaks and enchancements are coming soon in v1.4.6 that will be submitted this weekend (probably tomorrow)

- scale per brush (of Max scale)
    - control batch grouping distance
    - fix for assigning new LOD to ungrown grass that grows in play mode
    - Added icons definition scheme for rocks & fences
    - Added grass naming & scaling for currently selected icon, for easier track of selected grass type
    - Added all 20 grass types as default when inserting the manager + new brushes
    - New brushes and tree sample
    - Mobile shader (first version)
    - WebGL fix for some of the shaders

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have decided to put lots of the work for v1.5 in v1.4.6, as first (some final) versions (since what is there works well), so there wont be a big wait for the below:

- Shader based interaction (this is super fast, i am uploading a video and will post asap)
    - Vertex coloration by ground texture (only on readable textured ground for this version, Unity terrain and rendertexture methods to follow in v1.5)
    - Gravity emulation in shader
    - More brushes with new shaders (gravity, vertex colored, locally interactive)

erichkr likes this.
  14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE used in InfiniGRASS v1.5 demo (coming soon)

erichkr likes this.
  15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE River water with InfiniGRASS foliage - rocks

Dynamic gradual snow growth with InfiniGRASS foliage - trees & Sky Master ULTIMATE

InfiniGRASS foliage - trees with Sky Master ULTIMATE Volumetric gradient fog

InfiniGRASS v1.5 has been submitted to the Asset Store and is pending review.
    .​

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    erichkr likes this.
  16. bpears

bpears

If we can mass place by splat map, where is the slot to add one? Does this only work with Unity Terrain?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

There is a list that assigns a grass type per splat map, for example if you have 4 splat maps it will be a 4 member list that each member is an integer that is corresponding to the grass type needed to be planted on this splat map. Grass types start from 0 (id in the prefabs list) to prefabs list count minus one. For no grass planted on a splat map, -1 may be used.

The order is the same as in the terrain (for example the 1st member of the list will apply the grass type marked by the integer to the 1st splat map on the terrain).

There is also a sub type per splat map, so there is more variety and there is also scaling per splat map (another similar list with scale factors)

This only works in Unity terrain, as the system reads the splat maps directly.

A camera based system for both planting and vertex coloration from ground is also in the works for later versions.

I also have a video tutorial showing the system here:

Let me know for any further questions

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.5 is now up at the Asset Store

The system is ON SALE for a limited time !!!

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

20. Brity

Brity

I'm not seeing the sale price.. how much off? £2.00 or somthing

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Unfortunately i cannot do a bigger discount for this asset as it is already very low for the features, since it is a global optimizer and as of v1.5 also has the full potential shown like with the new trees samples (and rocks and any item etc)

The normal price is $60, so it is 15% off

I have though put the system for asset store sales with a discount of 35%, but this may never happen as the store gets so many entries and the probability is very low or takes years.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

Vines using the custom vector rotation parameter in the grass grower scripts. These are painted with -1 and 1 in Y axis to get both up and down wards directions.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

A big thanks for all the reviews so far that have helped move the pack to its current state & with the development of all the extra features !! The 17 written (all perfect 5 star) reviews were a great help with the development & progress on the system.

New offer until the mid of March !!!

Review InfiniGRASS and help the pack move forward and have a chance to win vouchers for Sky Master ULTIMATE, InfiniTREE, Particle Dynamic Magic and Advanced FX Creator !!

Please post here the name under which the review was given to take part in the offer.

The offer ends at 15th of March & the winners will be announced on the 16th.​

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  24. Baraff

Baraff

Just updated and left review (Ben). The cool grass just keeps getting cooler. Thanks.

nasos_333 likes this.
  25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks a lot for the great review :) and kind comments.

The next version will also be a major one, bringing many new features and usuability to the system, like seasonal growth and full precedural modes.

26. Baraff

Baraff

You're welcome.

It's so good to see a developer that obviously really loves what they are creating. I can tell you have a ton of fun doing this and always looking to do better and add more. I often come back to the threads to check out your latest images and info on coming features.

I'm about to implement Infinigrass into an existing project to give it more visual life without killing the FPS.

nasos_333 likes this.
  27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the kind comments :)

Let me know for any questions while populating the scene. For very large grass amounts it is best practive to use multpiple Grass Managers as well, the system fully separates the managers so can be used - enabled - disabled separately for better management.

28. Pequisto

Pequisto

I left a review a couple of weeks ago just after this was announced under the name Ian.

nasos_333 likes this.
  29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, thanks

I will count it in for the offer.

30. Pequisto

Pequisto

Hey Nasos,

I've watched the tutorial video several times but I can't seem to get it working correctly. There seems to be a tiling effect happening in some of Turboscalpeur's grasses.

2016-03-08_13-25-35.png

I don't do a lot of image editing directly in Unity so this could easily be an oversight on my part.

31. Pequisto

Pequisto

Solved it. Heh. Seems I just needed to resize it.

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

I just saw both posts, the forum notification did not update for some reason.

This is solvable with clamping the texture, so it wont repeat above or on sides etc. In the image import settings instead of repeat, set to clamp.

Pequisto likes this.
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS is featured in the asset store front page :)

A big thanks to the Unity team

Pequisto likes this.
  35. Baraff

Baraff

Well deserved. Congrats

Pequisto and nasos_333 like this.
  36. nasos_333

nasos_333

37. marcipw

marcipw

I just updated my review for you. Well done!

nasos_333 likes this.
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for the review update and kind comments :). I hope the coming seasonal effects and automated grass planting (among many other features) will also impress and take the system another step ahead.

39. Arganth

Arganth

what would be really interesting is an integration with gaia :)
    so maybe gaia does the automic grass placement

potentical customers are asking about it:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ga...nd-scene-creation.327342/page-98#post-2549027

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have been working o the GAIA interaction, but the problem is that GAIA is based on Unity system which is not yet 100% transferable to my system (because it would also be a lot less performant)

For example GAIA algorithms work on Unity terrain and then the placements will not be easy to tranfer to my system as i use a different logic and many features Unity does not support.

So after my testing, it makes more sense to make a spreading system specifically for InfiniGRASS that maximizes performance. Also i will try as a first step to convert Unity grass/trees to InfiniGRASS ones, this will come in next versions and after those i will move back to GAIA specific implementation, which at that point may or may not be required.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

A summary of features for v1.6 and beyond

- Full procedural mode, where grass wont have to painted in the editor and will be grown basd on rules in play time to fill in the map. This mode will blend with the editor paimted grass.
    - Seasonal grass and foliage growth system, with smooth gradual transitions between seasonal states
    - Texture based grass placement, for application of multiple grass types per mass placement application in mesh terrains
    - Vertex grass Mobile shader variety (currently transparent shader is converted to SM2.0)
    - Addition of mobile version for all brushes (currently only the base grass is mobile ready)
    - new ground color vertex blend mode based on splat maps to get different grass looks based on ground texture in Unity terrains (currently only textured mesh ground is supported for this effect).
    - Include option to turn multithreading on/off easilly through the Inspector (e.g. for building for WebGL)
    - the grass will be leaving the Interactive state automatically if has been pressed down beyond a threshold, for performance enchancement in dynamic grass
    - checks to make sure grass is better spread when painted, so brushes dont fall very close to each other, for performance enchancement in dynamic grass
    - more shader based temporal grass interaction features
    - procedurally changed ground and rocks, as a first step for a complete world creation suit (InfiniROCK and InfiniGROUND systems)
    - procedurally changed grass shape, for unlimited variety without any extra asset creation !!!
    - extend gravity emulation shader features, for emulating gravity and wind mode combined effect
    - additional noise to wind emulation for better top down results and look and local wind
    - many new grass types, including new stackable rocks (rocks that can be painted on top of each other for creating formations) and more trees
    - Local wind
    - Lerp with custom vector for better control of ground adaptation (for better control in the new tree brush placement)
    - Tile based system (with various ways of defining / calling the tiles & pooling)
    - Gradual Grass burning in real time
    - A mini game that will showcase the prefab instantiation and gradual growth methods. I plan to create a maze like and a tile based mini game templetes and evaluate the possibilities of procedural and prefab based stages creation.
    - Shadow manager, for automatic refinement of Unity shadow settings
    - Conversion of Unity grass/trees to InfiniGRASS automatically.
    - GAIA support, for spreading the grass in GAIA mode and additional features to complement with the InfiniGRASS unique features (which Unity grass does not support).

Please remember to review the system if possible.
    Every review counts and helps a lot with the development of the new features.

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

I had many requests for WebGL development, thus i decided to create a v1.6 of the asset with complete WebGL support and a switch to easilly turn Multithreading on/off for building in WebGL (which does not support Multithreading)

This will be submitted as priority tomorrow and will be up early next week.

It is possible to build for WebGL with the current system, but requires a change in 2 lines of code to set Multithreading off in the batcher script, this will not be required in v1.6 and everything will be handled in the Inspector directly without any coding.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Pequisto and Baraff like this.
  43. nasos_333

nasos_333

A small sample of what is possible with v1.6 demo.

I have also included several performance enchancements to the new version.

InfiniGRASS is ON SALE for a limited time !!!

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE

A reminder On the LOD system:

For the LODs to be created properly, the shadow casting, receieving and mesh filters must all be disabled on the LOD items.The materials of the LOD items must have the words LOD0, LOD1 or LOD2 to be grabbed as LODs.

45. mtornio

mtornio

Just left a review (Matti Tornio). Very happy with the purchase, much better than Unity's built-in grass.

nasos_333 likes this.
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, thanks for the review :), i am glad you like the system.

A lot more is coming in the new v1.6, like a full tree control mode with better precision in placement and new brushes with tree samples with LOD, among other features and enchancements.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.6 features and tweaks

- Fixed issue where the randomized rotation slider would reset the values to 0.05 - 1 range (now is -360 to 360)
    - New option to use custom rotation and randomized rotation along both Up and Right vectors, for more randomization possibilities
    - New option to define initial prefab item orientarion (along Up or Forward vectors) to use for the planting and rotations.
    - Changed vines and pine trees to use the above mentioned new rotation and original orientation features (applies in the new custom angle mode, old painted trees remain unaffected)
    - New tree sample (Twist Pine), that also includes and showcases LOD useage on trees
    - New stackable rocks brush
    - Full WebGL support
    - Option to turn on/off Multithreading as desired by the target system
    - Added notes on the Inspactor about LOD usage, for direct reference
    - Fixed issue where during the editor grass paiting, the last brush would not rotate towards the proper direction due to batching taking place before the final rotation happened (the grass rotated properly afterwards during play time or after another brush was painted in editor, now it rotates properly at all times)

InfiniGRASS v1.6 is ready for release, i will test it a bit more and submit the system to the store tomorrow. A download link will also be available for direct access on PM request.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    erichkr and Pequisto like this.
  48. shadowdev99

shadowdev99

left a review (BILLIONGAME COMPANY LIMITED), very great system:)
    Wait for your V1.6:)

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will upload v1.6 too google today as well, for direct access

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.6 is now up on Google Drive link and available immediately on PM request. Please attach the invoice PDF in the PM for reference.

This is a major release, so it is suggested to backup your project and scenes before insertion.