Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

On noes! Google Play has a new policy about user conscent notifications

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yuriythebest, Jul 28, 2015.

1. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

The question is, what will be considered an acceptable way to implement this in Unity3D?
    the email leads to this site:
    http://www.cookiechoices.org/

however there the explanation is a bit vague - we are supposed to display a message like so:
    However, information about the "see details" is vague - like, what If I use several ads - do I link to them all? I wish there was a finished app where I could see an example implementation

2. avtar109

avtar109

I had this same email wish they would have a sample to download. having this same issue

3. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Just flash up a UI panel with the appropriate privacy policy text at the start. Player must tick a box saying "I have read and consent". It should also include a link to your website with a full privacy policy.

As a consumer I personally hate this ruling. Its so annoying to constantly acknowledge privacy policies.

4. avtar109

avtar109

what do you do if you dont have a website?

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Get one. There are plenty of free hosts around. I am frankly surprised you can even submit an app to the store without a website with a privacy policy. Its pretty much the law in every country that can afford internet access.

If you are really strapped for a website, a link to a google doc will be sufficient. It just needs to be accessible.

Edit: Actually I just taught myself web development. For a small fee I can build a website for you.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    angrypenguin, Ryiah and Ony like this.