Search Unity

Offline Web Player installers

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Schubkraft, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

With the recent announcement to deprecate the web player we’ve also decided to no longer couple the offline web player with the simulation license it was made for initially.

The installers are available freely at the following links:

The zip archives contain the following installers:
    • UnityWebPlayerFull.exe: Normal player which runs in Windows Firefox and IE (both 32bit).
    • UnityWebPlayerDevelopment.exe: Development player which runs in Windows Firefox and IE (both 32bit).
    • webplayer-x86_64.dmg: Normal player which runs on OSX Firefox and Safari.
    These players come with a runtime packaged and don’t need an internet connection to start or run content. They are however limited to this one runtime which has some compatibility implications as listed above.

For example if you have the 4.6.9 player installed you can only run 3.x-4.6.9 content with it. It will not play anything made with 5.0.x or 5.1.x or 5.2.x.

Hope they are of use to you.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. lloydsummers

lloydsummers

Fyi for others:

The 5.2.3f1 offline webplayer above failed testing in our office. We found the 5.2.x webplayer is ignoring text-colour assignment in uGUI -> forcing all text to black using packages built with Unity 5.1.0.f3 - so you might not be able to go to the highest web plugin without an impact.

We have now started testing on the 5.1.4f1 build with Unity packages 5.1.0.f3.

Unfortunately our v1 for Ortho4D was using 5.1.0.f3. And Ortho4D ~v1.6 is using 5.2.x - which means we may need to carry both web players.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  3. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

The compatibility as mentioned above applies. So the 5.2 plugin is not intended to run and 5.0-5.1 content since there are breaking changes between the versions. You might get lucky but don't count on it.

And you can only have one offline player version installed at a time.

4. lloydsummers

lloydsummers

[edit] Understood. We will stay on 5.1 until WebGL pass our testing, can have the extra delay with the splash logo removed for pro users and it leaves a preview state - don't want our team and testers swapping out web players for different releases.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  5. larrow

larrow

Hi, Where can I download Webplayer 5.3.1f1 ClosedNetwork 64bit ?

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

I just wrote about having the Webplayer as standalone in another thread :) and bumped to this thread.

So good to see this, webplayer is so good and stable and everything runs on it with great performance, so i hope will be supported for demos (that are also elegant with small size)

It is a perfect software, so please keep it alive :)

7. JacobVR

JacobVR

I am attempting to run the webplayer on a machine that is offline (simply disconnected from the internet). I can run the webplayer when the machine is connected, though as soon as it is disconnected I receive the error message "Failed to update Unity Web Player". I am using the 30-day trial of Unity Pro if that makes any difference.

8. lloydsummers

lloydsummers

That will always happen unless you specifically use the correct build above. And in the JS file, disable auto-updates etc. etc.

I don't have a polite word to describe this, but when we started with Unity they would charge you an unmentioned amount of money to obtain a special "military" style license to get links to the offline installers - we never found out how much, we were directed to sales people several times who never contacted us back. Without using those special installers, if it cannot call home, it will crash and refuse to run.

The work around was to find the hidden links to the standalone installers (which they finally published above publicly). Or to create a dummy plist file on the server to trick it.

The caveat to all of this? The installers above are from a fixed point in time. So if you use the dynamic WebPlayer for say 5.1 content, it does not behave the exact same as the 5.1 standalone above. And you will find bugs that exist in one or not the other (Camera.target = null during screenshots comes to mind in this case for example).

9. omer12

omer12

Hi everyone, Our game is a web player-aided game.We want to learn the cause of an error that our players are frequently encountering.They are instantly encountering the error seemed on the image. Size of the game is 40mb

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  10. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Updated with the latest 4.7.1 and 5.3.4.

11. omer12

omer12

Help yourself Unity web player log

Attached Files:

12. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Sadly nothing interesting there to see :/ Can you please make a bug report with repro steps and ideally with a repro project attached. Once done ping me the case number here so I can pick it out of the queue.

13. aleveque

aleveque

Hello,

You write : the ClosedNetwork runs in Windows Firefox and IE (both 32bit).

But, it's seems ClosedNetwork UnityPlayer doesn't work with 64bit OS like Windows 10 or 8.1.
    Could you confirm that ?

Do you plan a ClosedNetwork plugin for 64bits architecture ?

Thank in advance.

14. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

They only work with 32bit browsers but also on 64bit OS. I run them myself on 64bit Windows on FF and IE.
    What error are you getting?
    We have no plans for publishing a 64bit closed network plugin, sorry.

15. aleveque

aleveque

Thanks for you reply.

I'm using FF 32bits on windows 8 :
    After the webplayer loading bar, I have the following error :
    "The content was stopped because a fatal content error has been detected"

In the log file, I have this issue :
    ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access an invalid address.' (Address: 0B614748)

Thank in advance

16. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Please make a bug report with repro steps, with player.log and ideally from the machine in question. Ping the number here and I'll take a look.

17. MetaZhi

MetaZhi

Not Found
    The requested URL /stefan/webplayer/webplayer_archive/ClosedNetworkPlayer_5.3.5f1.zip was not found on this server.

18. nisarahmad

nisarahmad

I need Offline Web Player version 4.5.5. My product does not work on Unity 4.6 and higher because of some breaking changes since the new UI was released. Kindly provide a link to any offline player between version 4.3 and 4.5.5.

19. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Fixed this.

20. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Sorry, but don't have that available.

21. Good_good

Good_good

ClosedNetworkPlayer_5.3.5f1.zip does not include the UnityWebPlayerFull.exe,but when I run the UnityWebPlayerDevelopment.exe and put the axUnityWebPlayer in the Winform,it does not run correctly,so how can I find the 5.3.5f1’s UnityWebPlayerFull.exe or how can I fix the problems?

22. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

It is not available there. Just try the new 5.3.6f1 where it is included again.

23. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

Hello,

we are product based company from India. We are using unity3d since long time. Currently we are facing some issue regarding unity web player. We made our all contents using 4.6 and 5.3.6 and distribute our contents for offline use only. After installing unity web player version 5.3.6, old content made with unity 4.6 are stop working and giving error "Failed to intialize player's 3D setting" and 5.3.6 web player working fine without any error.

If anybody faced same problem and having any solution then please advice me how to overcome from this problem.

24. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

This is by design. 5.x webplayer is not backwards compatible with 4.x content and you can only have one offline webplayer installed at a time.

25. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

Thanks for your Reply Mr.Schubkraft ,

So after installing unity web player version 5.3.6 its not possible to play content build with 4.6. Is there any alternate solution to play both version contents simultaneously?

26. rahuxx

rahuxx

This one is really required I think. With many versions of unity coming every 10-15 days this can be helpful.

27. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Sorry to say, but there is no such solution that I know of.

28. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

The offline versions are not made and meant to solve this. And 5.3 is the only Unity version that has the webplayer and is still getting updated.

29. Mr-Buck

Mr-Buck

Hi! we are using Unity 5.1.5 to make our Web game, due to some security difficulties we can not update web player through internet, found this post and download 5.3.8 closed-network player after install 5.3.8 web player, but we're also encounter the situation that says "failed to initialized player 3d settings'. Any suggestions?

30. Mr-Buck

Mr-Buck

Oh! forgot to mention that we're using

Unity Editor 5.1.1
    Unity WebPlayer 5.3.8
    Firefox 50.1.0(32bit)

31. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

32. Mr-Buck

Mr-Buck

Thanks a million!!! I get confused between the version of unity and unity web player!!

So, the version of closed network should match with Unity Editor rather than Unity web player

33. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

34. charlesdorey

charlesdorey

All these links are giving me 404 errors. Are these links not available anymore?

35. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

They all work for me here. Which one does not work for you? Try https:// instead of http:// maybe?
    If that doesn't work I can also mail you the archive you need.

36. charlesdorey

charlesdorey

The links are working today. Thanks. Got what I needed.

Schubkraft likes this.
  37. roach2008

roach2008

Hi
    if I have the 5.3.8 player installed , If I can run 3.x-5.3.8 content with it?

38. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

You can run 5.3 content with it. Others might work, but backwards compatibility is not expected.

nicole404 likes this.
  39. nicole404

nicole404

Please help i got crazy Problem about Unity games !

its the Bug white Screen , i can't fix it , and my unity 100% fine and supported !

40. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Sorry, but the webplayer has not been supported for quite some time now.

41. nicole404

nicole404

so it will be fixed sometime ? alone fixed?

42. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

No

The webplayer was removed from Unity years ago and replaced by WebGL support. "Not been supported for quite some time now" means they have not been and will not be making any updates to this removed feature.

43. nicole404

nicole404

Then help me to get that WebGL Supporter

44. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Start here and come back when you have a specific question:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/webgl-gettingstarted.html

I'm assuming you're a game developer, since this is a game developer forum. If you're just trying to play a game, you would need to contact the developer of said game. They would need to convert the game to WebGL, which is a non-trivial process (if they haven't done it already, chances are they have no plans to ever do it).

lloydsummers likes this.
  45. asperatology

asperatology

I'm attempting to uninstall Unity Web Player 5.3.4f1 from Windows 10 Spring Creator's Update 1803 (so I can remove almost all leftover Unity 5.X residues, in order to cleanly update to the latest 2018.2.2), but apparently, Windows 10 reported the uninstaller is missing when invoking the Uninstall action through Apps & Features in Windows Settings.

So now I have what seems to be a fragmented Unity Web Player installation on my Windows 10 PC.

I've attempted to reinstall Unity Web Player 5.3.4f1 then uninstall it afterwards, but somehow, it's not completely cleaning up the uninstallation process. In fact, I cannot tell if it's thoroughly uninstalled or not.

Does anyone know of a clean-up process for Unity Web Player?

UPDATE: Reinstalling Unity Web Player a 2nd time, then uninstalling it a 2nd time fixes the problem. Residues are all gone.

46. Super-Rey

Super-Rey

I know it's an old topic, but I have an issue with the web player.

I have and old app embedded in a web page made with Unity 3.x. In my current laptop I installed several versions of the web player until I reached this page. Then it was just a matter of downloading and installing the correct version. In my laptop now is working correctly.

However in other computers (laptops and desktops), I can get the same page to work with the same web player version. I tried to uninstall and install again, and also uninstall, remove all related registry entries and install again with no success.

Did anybody find a similar issue?

47. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The majority of web browsers today do not allow this type of plugin anymore, for security reasons. Your best bet is to install an old version of a browser from the time when the Web Player was actually supported. Though you're opening yourself up to every security hole in the browser patched since then.

Browsers dropping support for this kind of plugin is the reason why Unity switched from the Web Player to WebGL.