Search Unity

Oculus CV1 - Losing Focus results in Cameras being disabled..

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by TheGabeMeister, Jun 28, 2016.

1. TheGabeMeister

TheGabeMeister

Alright chaps,

I have it set up so that there are two cameras being rendered.
    One is rendered to the main display which displays a user interface (using the new UI system) featuring toggles and such (for customisation).
    The other camera is for the Oculus rift HMD (CV1) which renders the game itself.

The problem: is that the UI on the Main display is only being shown when the headset is on (or a finger for example is over the sensor inside the headset). Taking it off results in the UI not being shown..

After a lot of testing and looking around I have come to the conclusion that all Cameras are being disabled when 'VR Focus' has been lost.

Is there any way to show the UI on the main display regardless of whether the HMD is focused or not?
    Better yet is there a way to continue tracking regardless of this as well?

Note: I had originally tested this on the DK2 which doesn't have this focus feature so there is no problem, I have the expected result. It is something to do with the focus with the new CV1.

Thanks a lot,

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  2. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

We have run into this issue and it was unfortunately not discussed as a case during the original implementation. We've already fixed the issue and it will be coming in 5.3.5p7.

TheGabeMeister likes this.
  3. TheGabeMeister

TheGabeMeister

Good to hear, thanks!

4. scorner

scorner

when might 5.3.7p7 arrive?

5. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

Given that there are not issues with the build, it should follow the patch release schedule which releases on Wednesdays. Today is patch 6 and next week on July 6th should be patch 7.

6. Spi

Spi

Hi,

We are experiencing that exact same issue. We would like to be able to make our application continue working on the main screen even if the headset is removed.

We are waiting for the patch but will it be available too in the next unity 5.4 beta release ?

Thanks,
    Rudy

7. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

This missed the 5.4.0b25 release, but it will be in the next version of the 5.4 that is released. Unfortunately, 5.4 has had a very weird schedule, so I don't have any estimated dates.