Search Unity

Occlusion Culling Assistance

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Natfoth149, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Natfoth149

Natfoth149

I am attempting to add Occlusion Culling to the game im working on but seem to be having a few issues.

The Main issue im having is that the Occlusion does not seem to cut anything off when looking through walls or buildings. It will still render the entire camera frustum. All my buildings and terrain are set to Static(Everything).
    My Smallest Occluder is set to 2 and my smallest hole is set to 0.25.

All the objects on the scene are their own mesh and can be turned on and off individually.

Here is a gif of the camera moving. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69140190/pics/work/2015-07-29_14-10-41.gif

I have attempted baking the entire map and using occlusion areas. This is the setup im currently using with 1 occlusion area.

Here is my camera settings

The second issue is that on the Visualization once im ingame my terrain disappears in the scene viewer but it still shows up fine on the camera as shown in the examples above.

The third issue is that none of the Visualization debug options are working. It is not showing the Camera Volumes or the Visibility Lines. So I cannot debug any of the issues that is going on. But it makes me curious if it is related.