Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Nuts and Bolts Racing - Android

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by warmaha, Feb 5, 2016.

1. warmaha

warmaha

This is first game from my one-man game development team.

Everyone who has access to Android phone or tablet, time to go full nuts and Vrooom! :)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ottermonk.nutsandboltsracing

It's free to play, uses Unity Ads and IAP, if someone interested about things like that.

Some pictures also available, without google play store beta sign-in, from page
    http://ottermonk.fi/

There is now youtube video available

Drive carefully! :rolleyes:

Edit : Video link added.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. warmaha

warmaha

Tracks are created with editor that I made with Unity.

Track generator uses some 3D models which I created with Modo3D, like starting area for example, but biggest part of track meshes are generated at runtime in Unity with scripts.

Example #1 Checkpoint model are in Modo3D

Example #2 Very short (not in final game) test track generated runtime by Unity, shown in Unity editor.

3. warmaha

warmaha

Skyboxes, like that desert in that Unity editor screenshot is created with World Machine and rendered with Terragen.

Example #3 World Machine terrain generation

Example #4 Terragen default view for one of the in game skyboxes

4. warmaha

warmaha

And one post more. About textures. I'm more engineer than graphic artist, so I liked to use Substance Designer for most texturing. I think pretty much every texture on top of 3D models has gone thru Substance Designer program at some point.

Some other programs that I used to create textures and 2D graphics was Modo3D :eek:, Illustrator :confused:, Photoshop ;), Filter Forge :rolleyes: ...

Example #5 Car texturing inside Substance designer

If substances would work better and faster on low-end Android devices, I could use those to create textures at runtime, with many different parameters. Maybe somewhere in future... But currently, I don't think it's right way to go, so I did not use runtime generated substance textures.

Hopefully someone finds these interesting...