Search Unity

Null JobInfo in Steal! (any clue what that is?)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by tswalk, Jul 22, 2016.

1. tswalk

tswalk

pretty simple setup... a rotating cube in space.

on run, I get a steady stream of this message in console, but no logged errors:

Null JobInfo in Steal!

any ideas what causes this?

2. Tak

Tak

This is an internal assertion failure from Unity's job system.
    This is likely not related to the fact that you're running Unity on Linux (except maybe for timing).

3. HecklerS

HecklerS

I've got the same problem (unity 5.3.5f1, ubuntu 14.04 and mesa r600 drivers). Is there some way to fix it? And, can it cause some problems like project files corruption?
    Thanks for your time!

4. Tak

Tak

I don't know of a workaround for this currently - I don't think it's likely to cause project corruption.

5. HecklerS

HecklerS

Thanks Tak!

6. mutant_nz

mutant_nz

It'd be great if anyone has a solution/workaround for this... I run integration tests, and this exception halts the test, as it detects it as a failure.

7. tswalk

tswalk

I'm running Mint 18 Cinnamon ('Sarah' ?), with latest Unity 5.4.0f3, and while the frequency of this message is less than before, i still get it.

The only thing I've been able to see that "might" be correlated to it in the logs is the following:

8. mutant_nz

mutant_nz

I got a new laptop and installed Ubuntu 16.04. With this setup, this error doesn't seem to occur for me at all (I can now run my integration tests reliably!)

So I'd guess it's some incompatibility issue with the mono libraries on 14.04?