Search Unity

MegaBundle 01 - Fire & Fog Particle VFX

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NeatWolf, Aug 12, 2014.

?

Do you think the current 10$ price is

1. An excellent bargain

31 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. Too high

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Too good

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

It works with every version, there's nothing fancy in it, it's just an old problem of character codes that Unity han not solved yet, I'll try to circumvent it once again

2. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

No, it doesn't require Pro, it's an error that is an old friend of mine. That's mostly because we're using different Unity versions and different character codes, I have to copy&paste the very same code from a program to another, then everything will be fixed, hopefully in the next update.

3. hopeful

hopeful

Okay, nothing for me to worry about, then. I know what the effects look like from running the web demos.

When 4.6 becomes official, I'll update to that.

NeatWolf likes this.
  4. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Ok, if the demos do work then it's a shader encoding problem for sure. I'll open a question on unity answers just to be sure.
    If you're not using HDR or Bloom filters, those will appear just a little more overbright. There are also non HDR versions for those who don't like it.

EDIT: Contacted privately to solve the issue.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  5. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

More Candles!
    Better and more Explosions!
    New! Fireworks!
    Smoke! New Clouds! Fake light volumetric clouds have been!
    MOAR!
    Explosions01.png Candles01.png FireWorks.png VolumetricLight Smoke.png

MOAR is gettin into next package update, for Free! Buy it now, it' on SALE! ASSET STORE LINK

Watch the new Webplayer Demo!

6. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

These look great and the price is fantastic!! I had to buy them :)

Is there any reason why this requires 4.5 on the asset store? I am still @ 4.3 in my current project and loath to upgrade as I am close to completion. I would love to use some of these particles in the project.

ps: I'll leave a review on asset store after I have downloaded and had a play.

7. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Great!:)
    It requires 4.5.1f3 because it's the version I'm using and the one I'm 100% sure everything will be fine :)
    I didn't use anything fancy tho, so it should be pretty compatible.
    Hope you enjoy the collection, I'm trying to add something every day - each sale, something new to play with :)

I reached quota 315 special FX today! Next update will have them all!

8. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I reached quota 322 special FX today! Next update will have them all!

Now with more smoke columns and trails
    SmokeTrails.png

9. hopeful

hopeful

Since you are adding smokes ... maybe you could make a small trail of smoke or two that would be appropriate for a cigarette or cigar?

And maybe an exhalation of smoke?

NeatWolf likes this.
  10. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I reached quota 327 special FX today! Next update will have them all!

Now with more smoke pots and ghostly fields of smoke
    SoulTrails.png

11. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

That was the idea, cigar smoke, cigarette smoke is too complicated with shuriken particles, I believe mostly impossible without scripts

12. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Best attempt at it, it isn't easy.
    Cigarette.png

13. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

329. Smokey variant (best seen in action, check the demo: SmokeColumn04, and the SmokeTrails)
    Cigarette02.png

14. hopeful

hopeful

How about something more like a pencil-thin line that terminates in a large but faint smoke knot?

(Judging from the still shot, SmokeColumn04 looks good for a smokey exhalation or vaporous puff.)

15. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

333. Digital lava flows
    DigitalLava.png

16. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Yes, first attempt is exactly that. Have you seen it from the demo? Should be SmokeTrail10. Live is different. Anyway, as I said, it's not easy to replicate with shuriken and no scripts/linerenderer.

17. hopeful

hopeful

Just saw the demo. Thanks!

NeatWolf likes this.
  18. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

SALE 50%
    The 315 Particle fx pack is out!
    Now I'll be pushing the 333 pack to the asset store!

big3.png

Watch the DEMO
    and grab your copy from the STORE!
    (also, please leave a nice review if you liked the product :p )

red2blue likes this.
  19. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I'd love to reach quota 400. Are there any requests or the asset already contains every fire&smoke FX you may think of? :p

20. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Added more flames, more novas, more fireplaces, torches with different thickness, in the update after the next (333)
    http://u3d.as/8GM (50% offer!) FireThickness.png

21. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Added FlamingAreas, in 5 different level of detail: Tendrils, with Gas, with Floor flames, with Smoke.
    Heavy but nice, aren't they? ;)
    REQUESTS ARE WELCOME!
    FlamingArea01.png

Here in progression:

FlamingArea02.png

And with these I reached 360! Stay tuned on the update after the next! (next one is 333)

Watch the DEMO
    and grab your copy from the STORE! 50% OFFER!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  22. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Number 396!
    Added FireWaves and IT, the FireMushroom01, my most complex and heavy pure Shuriken Particle system FX so far!
    Heavy but nice, isn't? ;)
    REQUESTS ARE WELCOME!
    FireMushroom01.png

Live is even better! (10 seconds)

And with this I reached 396! Stay tuned on the update after the next! (next one is 333)

Watch the DEMO
    and grab your copy from the STORE! 50% OFFER!

Wavinator likes this.
  23. sowatnow

sowatnow

Hi
    Nice package, some good stuff there.
    I was wondering if you could include some magic effects such as buffs/attack etc, it would be awesome.
    I though this package would have something like that, but I can't seem to find any magic effect (like buff, heal, attack) which I could use for a fantasy game. This pack more concentrates on fire with some other goodies.

24. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I will probably release a fantasy pack in the future, but if you have specific, descripted one by one, requests having as theme "fire&fog" as per the main asset theme, I'll be happy to satisfy your request. Something like fire & magic or fog & magic will be acceptable. Hit and heal FX will probably have space in the next Fantasy pack. Stay tuned!
    Anyway, there are already a few FX that can be used as spells/buffs, you may have missed them, check the demo! ;)
    There is already a Magic folder in the asset: magic, fog and fire, plus some misc prefab, but isn't a magic specific pack, it's the Fire & Fog pack afterall ;)

I'm going to start creating a Mega fantasy pack in a few days.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  25. sowatnow

sowatnow

Ok fair enough, btw i haven't tested them yet with mobile. Are they mobile compatible?

26. hopeful

hopeful

There is no specific fire attack yet, is there? Like a fire beam. Or fire rain. Or a circular or rectangular field of fire (area of effect attack). Or fire sword. Or fire fist. Or lava eruption. Or whatever.

Some existing fire effects, like fireballs, could lend themselves to combat. But it's true, isn't it, that there's not a whole lot in the set that directly applies to combat using fire.

27. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I have to be honest: most FX have been developed with quality in mind. Quality AND performance when possible.

I gave the showcase a try on my Samsung IG-9300 and performed really well at maximum (desktop) detail.
    Here's the APK for you to try : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45747146/APK/NWParticleFX01.apk (Android 4.0+)
    95% of the effects ran at full speed, and I was in battery saving mode, even the atomic bomb! Others, like areas filled with particles (particle fog, inferno zones) performed a little worse so I would advise to tone them down before using them on mobile.

So, generally, it's mobile friendl-ish, depends on what you pick, all the FX use the least amount of particle possible. If "the least amount of particles" is high, it probably is not going to perform well on mobile. The sheer amount of particle systems involved doesn't allow me to say yes or no, give it a try, and consider the floor is using parallax specular mapping, with 3 lights and a flare!

28. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not but the package already has several fire beams, meteor rain, circular and rectangular field of fire, wall of fire, fire swords and FXs are out of scope (and usually have different implementations, e.g.: weapon trails). Lava eruption isn't there but I can see what I can do by using particle only.

If you have a specific fire-magic set you'd like to see, that is not part of the next Fantasy pack and is not already in the Fire-Fog one, please compile a list, I'll see what I can do to satisfy your request :)

29. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

As per request: Lava eruptions!

LavaEruptions.png

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  30. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Here's the Nuke (Atomic Bomb Mushroom Explosion) that is coming in version 1.5 (403 prefabs!)

31. hopeful

hopeful

No, I'm not being sarcastic, but we may have an issue of semantics. I do remember that you've already got a meteor storm effect, walls of fire, and pillars of fire and explosions and so on. I'll send you a couple of videos that illustrate what I'm thinking of, and you can see if there's anything there you'd like to add to the pack. :)

NeatWolf likes this.
  32. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Sure, but before thinking of adding more to the already dripping 403 package, if it's a spell it should probably go here ;)

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/br...y-magic-neatwolfs-particle-fx-pack-03.271306/

hopeful likes this.
  33. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

So let me give a consolidated list of the powers in that game and give notes as to where you might add something:

4 different beam or blast effects, some which seem less powerful, others more powerful
    I can only make fixed length blasts without scripting, I'll try to make some
    3 different fire power-ups
    Totally random. What are this power ups?
    2 fire shield effects (probably already covered with torch type effects)
    So nothing to do here.
    4 fire buffs (all basically covered by torch effects)
    Same as above
    1 fiery drawing-to-self / absorption type effect
    Already present
    1 ring of fire
    Already present
    1 fireball (uses a lot of effects, the only one you don't have would be an expanding ring of fire)
    1 more, simpler than what I already did? I can do that
    2 fire sword / fire sword circle (not necessary that there be a sword, but some sort of melee attack centered on the hands)
    This is 3d model bound, I can only make a texture rotate, is that what you want?
    3 attack auras (vertical fiery aura, fire area of effect at feet, remaining one can be done with existing effects)
    Already covered
    3 fiery sparks (one where the sparks stay on the target, two where they strike a target and either bounce off or fall swirling to the ground)
    Here's there's game/scripting mechanics, I can't do that with shuriken only
    2 fire area of effect attacks (recent adds to the fire pack probably have these covered; one is a flash fire, the other is a continuously pulsing bonfire)
    I'll add them
    2 more uses for expanding ring of fire
    Not too clear
    1 rise of the phoenix (not sure if you want to make a fiery phoenix bird, but that could go in the spell pack if you want)
    Too specific, requires complex resources
    1 rain of fire (like normal rain, just fiery)
    I can do that.
    1 fire breath (you have something like this already)
    Already have
    1 lava cage (basically a lava cylinder that would spring up from the earth to imprison a character)
    I can do a permanent one.

34. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Blasts, fireballs, ground effects, rain, cage, all done:
    FireRequests01.png

35. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Aaaaaand we reached quota 421! See you in the next update, meanwhile you can watch the demo, for the last requests!

36. hopeful

hopeful

Sorry, I thought I was using your term. But maybe your word for this is "charge up" ...? Like what you have in the water set, but for fire.

It's possible you have a different idea about what "charge up" represents, but the effect as I see it could serve as a power-up or build-up.

37. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

There are already charge up effects in the package, but I can make 3 smaller different ones if you like so :)

38. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

As per request, added 4 charge up fire FX, increasing in power, available in the next update
    ChargeUp.png

More requests needed! ;)

39. sowatnow

sowatnow

I have tested the demo, it seems to be performing well on galaxy S5. Seems like they are mobile firendlish at this stage.
    I will integrate them into my game if they don't have too much impact on the performance.
    Thanks for the demo..

NeatWolf likes this.
  40. hopeful

hopeful

By the way, I've upgraded to a Unity 4.6 beta and the HDR shader is working fine. :)

NeatWolf likes this.
  41. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Well, I'm testing on an S3, S5 is almost sure to perform better. Glad it works fine ;)

Oh, nice, I really didn't know what it was, it was just a version problem, glad you made it work! ;)

42. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I'd like to know, do you have any special request for this specific package? Let me know! ;)

43. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Adding to the roster: Smoke fountains! SmokeFountain01.jpg

In the next update!

44. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Adding to the package: sparks!
    Party rotating sparks, forge sparks, lava sparks. SPARKS! :D
    In the next update :)

Sparks01.jpg

45. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

UPDATE V1.7 has been submitted!
    504 PREFABS!!!
    big3.png

WebPlayer Demo!

46. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Soo much cool stuff in your packages, I'm waiting for the Magic & Spells one.

By the way the music you use in your demos is from the asset store??

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    NeatWolf likes this.
  47. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks, I'm doing my best in these packages :)
    The Magic&Spells is very Element-centric, and much has to be added yet, but as you can see from the other packages, I'm working on them on daily basis so something new is always about to pop up.

I can't know if you also bought the other 2, but I suggest to, there are literally tons of prefabs for every occasion.
    Also, HUGE updates are programmed (especially for the 504 fire&fog one). Suggestions are always welcome (in the appropriate thread, look at my signature) ;)

Glad you like the package, try the demo, and if you really liked the other 2 packages, don't forget to leave a nice review! ;)

Yes, the musics are from a package I bought from the store. Not included in the assets of course ;)

48. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I already got your other 2 packages and reviewed one of them, my name is different in the store though.

About the music i know is not included :) i just wanted to know the asset that contains those songs if you don't mind to tell me.

49. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Nice, it would be great to have both reviewed, just do that if you're fully satisfied! ;)

The music is from
    The Fantasy Music Collection (Pro)

50. hopeful

hopeful

If my ears don't have it wrong, the Magic pack demo music is Church (medium), which you can get on the freebie version.

The Water pack is using Exploring (ambient), which is only available on the paid version.

Fire is using City Solemn (loop, on low volume), which is on the paid version.