Search Unity

MegaBundle 01 - Fire & Fog Particle VFX

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NeatWolf, Aug 12, 2014.

?

Do you think the current 10$ price is

1. An excellent bargain

31 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. Too high

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Too good

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi, I'm here to present the first asset in the serie:

FIRE&FOG
    616 Particle FX Pack 01

big3.png
    616+ fine tuned quality particle special effects prefabs!

This is just a sample of how the package can enrich your scenes and games!

Just about 1% of the prefabs of the package has been used here! ;)

ASSET STORE LINK (ONLY 10$ LIMITED TIME)

They range from fire to snow, from god rays to creepy blooms, magic torches, sparkles,cemetery fog: touch the asset with your hands with the interactive demo and screenshots!

Give them 616 a try ;)
    === INTERACTIVE SHOWCASE LINK ===

(NOTE: the prefabs don't include any lens flare: you've got total freedom on adding the one you like if you feel so)

The assets are organized in 6 groups, each group has its demo scene:
    Fire, Fog, Magic, Pixel,Smoke, Snow
    All the assets are built to be easily scalable and recolorable.

They're easy to adapt and scale so you're actually getting endless possibilities for your projects 2D and 3D!.

Reduced price for limited time!
    Overview03.jpg

Shot07.png Shot08.png Shot00.png

Feel fee to personally contact me to ask for a specific special FX or help with the asset.

I'm accepting requests, the package is going to expand, grab it while the price is still low!

ASSET STORE LINK

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  2. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

A HUGE update of more than 50 new assets has been included in the new package, don't miss it while still on sale price! They're 183 now! :)

Request are welcome, and especially reviews if you're satisfied. Please use this thread for suggestions and other things.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  3. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

A HUGE update of more than 30 new assets has been included in the new package, don't miss it while still on sale price! They're 202 now! :)

Request are welcome, and especially reviews if you're satisfied. Please use this thread for suggestions and other things.

Give them 202 a try ;)

ASSET STORE LINK

Now Including Fire Breaths for your game!
    Shot16.png

4. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

FREE update is up and running!
    Will there be another one at this uber humble price?

Grab your copy now!

5. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I'm testing it right now and i'ev to say i'm very impressed. Good Work

NeatWolf likes this.
  6. Wavinator

Wavinator

Just picked this up and wanted to say very nice asset. I'm especially blown away by the god rays, they've got just the right touch. Although I prefer modern / science fiction themed content over magical, I can see many ways to use this: Fire for leaking pipes, steam for sewer grates, fog for a town, etc.

One request I have is for more focused fire effects that could be used for things like a jet pack, fighter jet or spaceship. I'm looking for thruster and afterburner effects, especially with standing diamond shapes in the fire (if you google "afterburner diamonds" you'll see many examples) or plasma jet flame which has a brighter color inside than outside. I'm sure fantasy game developers could use that for a mean fire touch spell as well. :D

I'd also like to see more effects like the small nova, which would work great for scifi particle effects. I like the way the particles rush straight to the center, but maybe you could add a variant with more going on in the middle or curving or chaotic paths for the particles that are falling inward.

And one final suggestion: Glowing portal effect similar to the old Diablo 1 town portal, basically some bright color surrounded by darker outline of particles.

tianyq2006 and NeatWolf like this.
  7. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Nice to hear, and thanks for buying! :) Could you please consider leaving a nice review or a good vote to help other people make their choice? Thanks! I'm also accepting requests if you have some! :)

Hi, Wavinator, thanks for purchasing the asset!
    Another update is in the process so I'll start adding your requests as soon as possible! Consider that I'm trying to use as less textures as possibile to keep the memory usage as low as possible.
    Particle orbiting and curving is quite a complicated fx, may even require a script to work and particle-by-particle repositioning to achieve the effect, and I was trying to avoid scripts and leave them to a more advanced package, I'll try to recreate the effect in the best most compatible way.
    I'll be working on your requests right now, but the asset will take some time to upload and get approved, stay tuned!
    In the meantime, if you haven't already do so and are satisfied, could you please leave a nice review and rating on the asset? That means a lot to me, thanks :)

8. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

A HUGE and FREE update of more than 30 new assets has been included in the new package, mostly 8 bit and retro oriented, don't miss it while still on sale price! They're 234 now! :)

Give all 234 a try ;)

ASSET STORE LINK

Now Including special 8-bit shapes and geometry for your game!
    8Bit.png

9. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

@Wavinator, is this similar to the effect you'd like to obtain? jet exhaust.jpg

If yes, I'll see what I can do, using as less particles and shuriken component possible, so that is easy to resize, eventually.

10. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

A first batch of afterburners has been added with precedent image as reference. 5, not just 1 for you to choose (next update will feature all)
    Do you want them to be "just smooth lines" or are they ok as they're now?
    In motion they're definitely better.
    And of course you could fine tune the intensities to match your needs.

I also added a HDR shader (color range is more than 0-1), so that you can boost the diffuse value of the origin, for a nice glow when used with certain plugins. You may want to add a flare to boost the effect, or duplicate the material and change its texture to another colorized texture to match your needs.

AfterBurners.png

You can preview them here:

Note that the particle move really fast so the effect is a bit frame-rate dependent

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...AfterBurners/NWParticleFX01_AfterBurners.html

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  11. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    RUBILYN likes this.
  12. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Added 5 more caothic novas as per request:

I didn't want to use scripts or per-particle positioning so I used a few tricks, hope you like them
    Novas.png

Touch them with hands with the live demo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...WParticleFX01_Novas/NWParticleFX01_Novas.html

234 + 13 = the pack is already at quota 247 and I'm not done yet! Sale price is about to expire!

Pass the word!

Next step: more novas/teleporters, and Diablo-styled town portals

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  13. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

You've got my review :D.

The only effects i'm missing right now are some rain effects. I would love to see rain ripples and raindrops.

NeatWolf likes this.
  14. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks for your review, I really appreciated that :)
    I can't add the rain tho, it will be part of WATER&LIQUIDS xxx NeatWolf's Particle FX Pack 02.
    Maybe I can add some dense (foggy) rain but the rain itself will be in another package, this is Fire&Fog package afterall.
    Stay tuned with the updates!

15. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Lol i didn't realize about the Fire & Fog in the assets name :D for me it was NeatWolf Particles 1. I'll stay tuned for the next package :D

16. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

This is also useful feedback, thanks for sharing, this means that I probably added too many prefabs after fire&fog, hehehe :)
    Feel free to make other requests!
    But in the end, that's what I wanted, I want to build the biggest collection on the store. I just have to separate content and accept requests.

For some reason I can't reply to your review, but thanks again for sharing your experience with the package. :)

I'm currently working on the Diablo-like town portals :)

17. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

TownPortal.png
    Elaborate Town portal added. 5 particle systems have been used, use with care!
    • Black silhouette
    • External magical swirls
    • Internal swirls
    • Hypnotic swirls
    • Magical puffs
    • 3D!

18. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Tweaked the first portal and added 2 extra town portals!
    TownPortal2.png

And the prefab count rises to 264!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  19. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

After some fixing here's the complete collection of Diablo-like customizable Town Portals.
    5 for you to choose TownPortal4.png

20. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Update is on its way!
    Requests are needed! Remember Main theme: Fire&Fog! with reduced number of textures.

21. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

The new update is live!

Now I'm pushing the update with all the requests :) 266 prefabs! ForumBig.png

The sale period is almost over so I'm rising the price a bit. Grab it now!

REQUESTS ARE WELCOME!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    red2blue likes this.
  22. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Added Foggy Rain 01 and 02 as per request under "Snow"

Be aware that this is a Fire&Fog pack so another one with liquids is in the making, let's not make the prefabs overlap! ;)

This will be available on the next update. Next update will cost a little more due to the increased content (it started with 133 prefabs, ended up with 266). Grab it now!
    Rain.png

Please suggest me more prefabs you'd like to see, I'll add them with pleasure :)

RUBILYN likes this.
  23. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

24. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

TownPortal4.png

LAST HOURS at reduced price, there's simply too much content (266+ prefabs) for 10$, grab it now!
    Upcoming update will feature 30 more assets.

Watch before you buy, with the upcoming assets!

ASSET STORE LINK

RUBILYN likes this.
  25. RUBILYN

RUBILYN

HI THERE ! Just Bought This Package ... Its Extraordinary !

Best buy of Whole Year for me !

It got So many Thousand Amazing effects ...

You are very Skilled Congratulations !

I will do a 5 stars Review as soon as i can .. Thanks for all efforts !

PS: Could we please have low altitude environment "Volumetric Foggy Clouds"
    With mixed random "God Rays Effect Coming From it" please ?

Some Inspiration of what i'm talking about bellow :

Thanks so much for the Constant Updates in this amazing Package Support.

A Happy Customer : Kyo Chun​

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    NeatWolf likes this.
  26. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi Kyo, thanks for buying the package and for the kind words!
    Sure, I'll be working on your request even today. So, you're asking for "sparse mid height cone of lights" to achieve an effect like one on the picture?
    Sure, I can do that, keep in mind that they would be fake god rays so they probably won't follow the clouds/sun.
    Do you want them to be coming from a very distant source point (the sun - difficult to position for general users) or parallel one to the other (preferred)?

Those are very kind words, could you please take some time to copy/paste them as an actual review on the package? That would be much appreciated.

I'll be working on the FX, the asset store already has a pretty long waiting queue for approvals, I hope to deliver all FXs in the next package but I can't promise, it doesn't depend on me.

Thanks again,

Cheers,
    Alex

RUBILYN likes this.
  27. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi 3DLABS,
    Is this maybe the effect you're looking for? it's 10 units in height.
    Please give me some feedback so that I can be sure you're satisfied :)
    GodEye.jpg

RUBILYN likes this.
  28. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

RUBILYN and red2blue like this.
  29. RUBILYN

RUBILYN

HI NEATWOLF !
    You are a amazing merchant ! Thank you !

HO MY GOD <3 !

I was away just some hours ? And you already did it ?
    I checked the Webplayer its Gorgeous !!!! Thanks so much ...
    I cant Believe how you are so fast doing this ...
    It would take me a whole week ...

Thanks so much.

Just Did your 5 STARS Review ...

( After trying it 10 times ... Reviews System is not working Properly We hit Send on the packages download interface and never sends ... We also cannot send comments directly from web browser and that discourages comments .... someone should complain about that .... -.- )

Thanks so much for your Efforts !
    I will be just needing to Change Textures to Add more Clouds Variations !
    And scattering many of this Around ! Will do a Whole landscape of Clouds Moving With Godrays trick !
    Thanks so much !!

More Packages Ideas ... REAL PARTICLE CLOUDS !
    PS: I know this must be asking too much ... And expanding this Awsome ones you did !
    But for complete awesomeness could we Latter also have ... Like the ones bellow ...
    Huge Dissolving Moving over a Big Whole Landscape Clouds & GodRays ^^ ..
    With Big & Tiny & Many Cloud Types Textures mixed ... hehe sory to ask ...

And maybe this idea would be good for a Complete ( Next Gen ) New Asset Package
    Like Insert this idea on the new "liquids" Package you are working on ...

Hope his make sense : And i know there is some "real volumetric" Packages as TrueSky outhere that custs the outrageous 250$ ^^... http://goo.gl/aQm0tr But Procedural CgVolumetrics ( Unless done by hand ) Its never "artistic" enough as the Video Example above ... "There is always need the Painting God Hand of a Artist" to make things look good ...

But i always been wondering about having low cost "Real Liquid moving volumetrics" Fluid Fx Clouds Made with particles ... in unity ..

You see i have a idea of using 3dsMax and Particle Flow ... Like this Tutorial bellow
    http://www.cgrats.com/create-realistic-clouds-in-3ds-max.html

And do that From a External Volumetric 3d app like houdini / c4d / Max - Import inside Unity ...
    Allow us to model or chose from many prefabs Any " Animated cloud model we want"
    And Attach the Particles bilboards to the Moving Area Shape we want ...
    Even having a horizontal Particles Field above the landscape - Driving other Small Cloud Object particles ...

But Instead of "textures" Looking something "Static" moving ( like all particles do )
    For Each the Particles billboard Do it with a Realistic Fluids Animated Texture sequence ...

Having Many Small fluid Animated billboards together make the big Slow Fluid solvency effect ...
    ... This could be Made in renderer or even taken from a real time lapse like this bellow

Unfortunately its a little bit too technical to me ...
    I don't even know how to make the texture cycle animations ...

But its a Very Advanced Tecnical dream i have ...

Maybe you could use this kind of technique in your next "Particle Fluids" Package ...
    Clouds Are "Fluids" anyway right ?

Thanks for listen / and for your Amazing Efforts for us.

Best of luck !

A Happy Customer : Kyo Chun

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    NeatWolf likes this.
  30. Wavinator

Wavinator

These are perfect! The nova and portal effects are great as well. Thanks for taking on my request! I tried to submit a feedback but the asset store is reporting an error at the moment ('unable to process at this time') so I'll put one up as soon as its working.

I can't want to see what you do for your next pack!

NeatWolf likes this.
  31. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi Kyo,
    thanks for the great feedback and for taking the time to write a review!
    The ideas about the clouds are great but definitely out of scope of this package.
    In this package I'm trying to *simulate* certain effects trying not to use tons of particles.
    Be aware, the EyeOfGod particle system is necessarily processor intensive!
    I'll put shuriken clouds on my todo list. Next package will be liquids, a different state.
    Please let me know if you need some more assets for your needs (fire&fog only) :)

Cheers,
    Alex

Thanks @Wavinator, please let me know if you have more requests.
    Also, please do insist in leaving a review (maybe copy and paste the body to speed up the process), reviews are very important to me, to let other people know you're satisfied, and to incite me to make better packages!

Cheers,
    Alex

RUBILYN likes this.
  32. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

LAST DAYS
    at a special price,
    next approved version will feature 271 prefabs and full price!
    ForumBig.png

Remember: I'm always open to requests (Fire&Fog only, new package incoming)

Always watch before you buy!

ASSET STORE LINK

Cheers,
    Alex​

33. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

34. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

35. Wavinator

Wavinator

Got that review in! (Figured out my firewall at work was blocking me)

Just wanted to let you know I'm having a great time filling the corridors of the space freighter I'm working on with fire walls, flame spouts and smoke! :D

[EDIT: Made a suggestion that belongs in your newer pack so I'll post it there]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    NeatWolf likes this.
  36. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Great, I',m glad you're happy about the asset.

Feel free to post some pics of you works here, I'm curious! :)

37. Bradamante

Bradamante

I didn't purchase the asset (yet?), but I clicked through the Webplayer demo ... And yeah, I smell talent. Some good stuff. I especially liked the FireImplosions.

Some suggestions, not really requests:
    _ "space dust". Yeah I know a lot of packages on the Asset Store offer this. Problem is, in my game the player can move either slowly (normal play) or very quickly (warp). I never got the systems I bought to work right for both ...
    _ Space fog for a top-down game, similar to your ground fog, but as a mix of: fog + debri + "space weather". I am thinking the desert winds of Diablo III. Something hostile, damaging.
    _ A Warp In / Warp Out effect for a space ship. Think Star Trek, with those blue lines. Similar to a afterburner, when the accel kicks in. Then a trail that a star ship would produce entering/exiting a star system.
    _ Explosions similar to this @ 1:55
    _ Particles for a jump gate similar to this @ 0:07
    _ Running ship engines are always welcome
    _ Multi-Stage Explosions with "fingers" a la this. A lot of explosion assets on the store miss that aspect of explosions. It's not just one blob of fire, it's burning parts flying off + after-smoke.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    NeatWolf likes this.
  38. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Most of your request are valid and AAA effects that probably would require a separate asset to be sold, but I'll see what I can do. Also, theme is "fire&fog", not "space&explosions" ;)

Answering:
    1. _ "space dust". Yeah I know a lot of packages on the Asset Store offer this. Problem is, in my game the player can move either slowly (normal play) or very quickly (warp). I never got the systems I bought to work right for both ...
      Just link the space dust FX to the player, and emit particles based on the movement rather than by time, use scripts.
    2. _ Space fog for a top-down game, similar to your ground fog, but as a mix of: fog + debri + "space weather". I am thinking the desert winds of Diablo III. Something hostile, damaging.
      It's a bit vague, I'll see what I can do, cpuld you please provide a sample?
    3. _ A Warp In / Warp Out effect for a space ship. Think Star Trek, with those blue lines. Similar to a afterburner, when the accel kicks in. Then a trail that a star ship would produce entering/exiting a star system.
      That is totally out of theme
    4. _ Explosions similar to this @ 1:55
      That's an AAA explosion with animated light and flares, 2-3 extra animated textures and so on. A bit time consuming as a request but we'll see.
    5. _ Particles for a jump gate similar to this @ 0:07
      Difficult to reproduce with particles only, it's also not a very "fire&fog" effect
    6. _ Running ship engines are always welcome
      Please provide a sample, I understand you're making a space game, and let's it be fiery ;)
    7. _ Multi-Stage Explosions with "fingers" a la this. A lot of explosion assets on the store miss that aspect of explosions. It's not just one blob of fire, it's burning parts flying off + after-smoke.
      That asset seems already well done, I'm not sure I want to copy it. I may give it a try, but explosions are time consuming, require special tailored textures, and generally have their own package/asset.

39. runningbird

runningbird

Just purchased! Can't wait to put these into my game.

NeatWolf likes this.
  40. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Welcome aboard!
    I'm glad you chose this package and hope you'll enjoy its variety and quality.
    Remember: I'm always open to requests, and if you really like the product a good review is always appreciated! ;)

41. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Do you think flowing lava would be a nice addition to the package?

42. runningbird

runningbird

Yes that would be a good addition since I can use it with my slimes I just purchased :)

43. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I suppose you're talking about the liquids package, that I own. Then, just time of looking for the appropriate lava texture/settings and you'll have lava flows. I don't know if I'm going to add physics tho. I've got a liquids package over here afterall to take care of all the liquid needs ;)

44. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

In the next update you'll find the lava stream with physics collision support.
    It's very overbright because it's using the HDR shader in the package, which will also give a nice glow if you're using SE Natural Bloom :) View attachment 113281

45. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

In the next update you'll find the lava stream with physics collision support.
    It's very overbright because it's using the HDR shader in the package, which will also give a nice glow if you're using SE Natural Bloom :)

EDIT: Added 2 variants: non overbright and smooth lava with dynamic pool

LavaStream.png

46. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Added even more variations and thickness.
    With a picture to remember that the lava length/direction/power can be configured and is physically driven
    LavaStream02.png LavaStream03.png

runningbird likes this.
  47. runningbird

runningbird

How would I expand the area of the cemetery fog? currently I just made multiple copies but wouldn't mind just having 1 fill an entire area.

48. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Extend the particle life. If the particles become too sparse either scale their initial size or increase a little the particle emitted per second.

49. runningbird

runningbird

Wow that's easy thanks for the quick reply!

NeatWolf likes this.
  50. hopeful

hopeful

Does the HDR shader require PRO? I'm not getting any effect from it.

The shader says it has errors or is not supported by my video card.